Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Add Boost Energy to Armory

• 49 posts
    April 23, 2021 1:00 AM PDT

I've always thought that energy is the limiting factor holding back the gameplay of Warmerise when it's especially useful for making pushes.
    There should be a purchasable perk in the Armory that does one of the following options:

1. Temporarily raises the energy cap (i.e from 100 -> 150) for that one life.
    2. Temporarily grants infinite energy for a set amount of time (i.e 15 or 30 seconds). If you're killed during the active duration, you respawn and keep the effect until it expires.
    3. Incorporates this into the existing health refill. Refilling health also grants one of the two mentioned above.

Even though I'm aware there's a suit upgrade that can be rented to increase energy regen, it's still too costly for new players while buying from Armory using coins is more affordable and immediate. What I'm proposing will also make the gameplay more dynamic and intense.

This post was edited by fshiteup at April 23, 2021 1:03 AM PDT
    • 429 posts
    April 23, 2021 1:48 AM PDT
    The energy may be annoying, but it is there to balance the game, I see where you are coming from because you like to push and farm bbots. But for secret lab and just fights in general, imagine you having extra energy than your opponent, it would be an unfair advantage.
    • 49 posts
    April 23, 2021 2:22 AM PDT

Exploit said: The energy may be annoying, but it is there to balance the game, I see where you are coming from because you like to push and farm bbots. But for secret lab and just fights in general, imagine you having extra energy than your opponent, it would be an unfair advantage.

That's why I specifically said it should be a temporary effect and therefore purchasable only from the Armory. You would still need to get headshot kills to get coins and buy them.

By your logic, it already is unfair that better players can buy the suit upgrade with increased movement speed, no fall damage and better energy regen. Ultimately it all comes down to one's ability to get coins in which the amount collected will only be available to that one particular server.

I also love that you felt the need to cherry pick and assume that the entire basis of this suggestion is to contribute toward "people who like to push", which I used simply as an example of a gameplay dynamic.

For Secret Lab (Elimination or duels), getting coins is even harder because you only have one life until next round. If a player scores that many headshots consistently, they've earned the right to buy upgrades from the Armory (provided can get there without getting killed first since it's placed at the center of the map). People who are crazy about that map also arbitrarily made up a rule that states no autos allowed anyway, what's keeping them from banning the use of buying the Energy boost as well?

For normal fights, I don't even know what to say to you. If it's unfair, it's because the teams are unbalanced to begin with which is already a problem. Good players who know each other keep stacking on one team while guest and worse players on the other. With or without this suggestion, it's already "unfair" so I fail to see your argument.

Like I've already said, if you can score headshot kills to gain coins, you get the right to use them and buy whatever you want from the Armory. Are you also saying that refilling your health is unfair too? "Oh come on! I shot him to 1HP and he used the coins to refill it back to 100! He can't do that! That's like having 200HP, it's unfair!"

This post was edited by fshiteup at April 23, 2021 2:44 AM PDT