Forums » Custom Maps

FOR MAP CREATOR chronospectrum . MAP IDEA .

• 373 posts
    November 21, 2021 8:10 PM PST

HOW TO USE ANY FANTASY ART OR IMAGE FOR INSPIRTATION TO GET IDEA FOR ANY ELEMENT OF YOUR NEW MAP . THIS IS MY IDEA OF NEW "ISLAND" MAP . LET'S CALL IT "CHRONOISLAND GL77" . HERE ARE THE IMAGES WITH MY COMMENTS AND HOW TO SEE WHAT SIMPLIFIED OBJECT TO CREATE TO ASSEMBLE THE MAP . THIS IS NOT COPYING OR DERIVATIVE WORK BUT TOTALLY LEGAL TO BE INSPIRED TO HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT BUT SIMILAR AT THE CORE .  

• 507 posts
    November 21, 2021 8:41 PM PST
    This is actually a GREAT thread. Lots of awesome ideas here, I especially love the mesa city
    • 491 posts
    November 27, 2021 5:39 AM PST

These landscapes are beautiful and make me dream but on the other hand, they are too big and too decorated to be part of warmerise: Personally my FPS will go from 60 to 20 . 

• 491 posts
    November 27, 2021 5:41 AM PST

But I don't want to discourage you, continue, because I think it will be cool for a player with a very powerful pc.

• 93 posts
    November 27, 2021 5:52 AM PST

FPS likely won't be the issue because models don't have to be high in polycount. You just need good textures on them. A good example may be World of Warcraft. The real issue will be Warmerise's map size limit - which is 12 Megabytes. The more models, textures and other stuff you use, the faster you will exceed this limit.

This post was edited by DeadArt at November 27, 2021 5:52 AM PST
    • 373 posts
    November 29, 2021 12:33 AM PST

https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/2489/youtube-videos-of-my-deleted-maps