Forums » Custom Maps

Connect AudioClip to "Background Music" setting - possible?

• 93 posts
    September 17, 2022 3:10 PM PDT

While testing a map, I was thinking how cool it would be to have (free-to-use or maybe self-composed) ambience music playing in the background. I know we can use AudioClips for that, but... I'd also like to respect the players choice (that is: "Background Music" turned off in the settings).

Is there any way to connect an AudioClip to that settings option? Any specific tag/name one can use?

• 998 posts
    September 17, 2022 5:42 PM PDT
    There is no such feature at the moment, but it's an interesting idea to have "per map" settings. I'm thinking whenever a player creates a Room, the menu would pop up (if the map has any options available). For example: Enable Background Music, Select map variation: Day Time/Night Time, Summer/Winter, etc.

P.S. The new version of the export package will be available for testing soon, which has the Light Probe issue fixed and also contains some destructible object presets, plus some improvements to the door system and bug fixes.
    • 93 posts
    September 17, 2022 6:10 PM PDT

Oh, that would be even better actually! And night time maps are interesting, but I also feel like this screams for new night vision gadgets for the armory - goggles, weapons with scopes, ... Just some ideas :D

P.S. Any ETA you can share? I would love to test it out right away, tbh :P

• 998 posts
    September 17, 2022 6:43 PM PDT

DeadArt said:

Oh, that would be even better actually! And night time maps are interesting, but I also feel like this screams for new night vision gadgets for the armory - goggles, weapons with scopes, ... Just some ideas :D

P.S. Any ETA you can share? I would love to test it out right away, tbh :P

Very soon actually (like in a few hours or less), it will be available for download as a .unitypackage before it gets merged on GitHub.
    By the way, what version of Unity are you using, due to some newer features, the lowest supported version will be 2020.3 and up.

This post was edited by Admin at September 17, 2022 7:44 PM PDT
    • 93 posts
    September 17, 2022 6:57 PM PDT

It's 4AM here and I'm planning to go to bed, so I guess I'll have to be patient :D

I'm using 2021.3.8f1 actually.