Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

P2W and how to fix it

• 3 posts
    December 23, 2022 5:55 PM PST

I have played this game for years and one thing keeps me from playing it on the daily. This game is INSANELY pay-to-win. Lets say you have been playing for years, like me, and a reasonably good player (not really like me). You will probably have enough in-game currency to buy only a blast shotgun. Some people not even that! And then here you are playing on your favorite map when some dope who has played the game for a week CLAPS you and your team. Why? because he spent 5 seconds opening mommy's credit card to buy every single gun in the game, a bunch of new skins, and a cape. This is INEXCUSABLE game design. How do the devs get away with it? They know the community is small, very small. A small community means not a lot of people playing, not a lot of people playing means less xp and no xp given on small rooms, and that means that the only conceivable way to get xp and cash fast is to open up the credit card. The xp lack is so rediculous if you were to play non stop on full rooms and got 50 cash each 10 minuite round because you are good at the game, you would need an entire week of non-stop playing to afford the railgun! Thats also 16 hours to afford the minigun! If you wanted to buy every item in the game excluding capes, you would have to spend 38 days or 838 hours. Or you can spend 50 bucks.  How you can fix this is triple xp (money) derived from games you play, no small game xp (money) penalty and immense rebalencing of weapons and prices. And maybe ads you choose to watch for rewards and an increase on the real world money value of the in game currency. I am pretty sure everyone on the darn planet would thank you for this and you devs can still get money.

• 2098 posts
    December 23, 2022 5:58 PM PST
    I hate to say it but the free guns are like the best guns in the game. I can literally beat most people with the UMP-40 because it’s literally a God-laser, and the L115A3 because you kill people in 1-2 hits. I can beat most people with just the free guns and I’m not very good. This says a lot about how absurdly good the base weapons are.
    • 954 posts
    December 23, 2022 7:00 PM PST

that is pretty true on both arguements. yes, this game "can" be a pay to win but you also can be very good at defualts and still kick behinds. but personally, the only issue I have with the defualts is the looks. yes I said it. the modern and boring looks directly taken off of the unity web store. I think. anyway, I think it might be a skill issue. but thats not an insult for how I say it. I think all you need to do is get upgrades and practice.

• 652 posts
    December 23, 2022 9:52 PM PST

It's just buying guns of different good-and-bads. If you still think it's pay to win or whatever then it's probably skill issue.

• 507 posts
    December 23, 2022 11:26 PM PST

Whats interesting is that you can dramatically increase your efficiency in terms of kills/min with the two cheapest things to purchase: Revolver to replace the garbage USP, and TrapMines to replace the moderately less garbage PlasmaGrenades. After that, you've got a full loadout of top-tier weapons when using the UMP/L115A3. It's not as good as it gets, but it's definitely good enough to hold your own until you can get a gravity/carbine/whatever

This post was edited by chronospectrum at December 23, 2022 11:26 PM PST
    • 49 posts
    December 24, 2022 3:56 AM PST

Castiel said: I hate to say it but the free guns are like the best guns in the game. I can literally beat most people with the UMP-40 because it’s literally a God-laser, and the L115A3 because you kill people in 1-2 hits. I can beat most people with just the free guns and I’m not very good. This says a lot about how absurdly good the base weapons are.

Breh, saying you beat people with default weapons and how you're "not very good". Too humble my dude.

• 652 posts
    December 24, 2022 5:40 AM PST

But seriously there's really not that much different between starter weapons and purchased weapons in general

• 250 posts
    December 24, 2022 6:15 AM PST
    Except the feel of having purchased “good weapons”. Literally L11 and rail are almost the same thing
    • 652 posts
    December 24, 2022 6:26 AM PST

True

• 954 posts
    December 24, 2022 10:20 AM PST

I think that there should be "sets". ofc the carbine, revolver, trapmines and/or m67, and katana are WAY to over rated, but they are a set, accidently. personally, I have mini-g, plasma gun, plasma pistol, pulsepistol, CPW, blastgun, blastshotgun, katana, trap mines, m67. and I use them for different sets in battle. its a "set" issue too. it depends on what weapon set you have in battle too

• 65 posts
    December 24, 2022 11:00 AM PST

This game isn't pay to win lol, before purchasing **** was a feature , you had to grind my friend. And besides, it's not that hard at all... just play.