Forums » General

End of line?

• 105 posts
    September 9, 2023 2:20 PM PDT

The dev created patreon page people donate him and his project but then he refunded all donations suddenly and he said that he will post the reason behind of refunding donations but then he dissappeared. There are a lot unanswered questions the current state of game is terrible bad you come across with atleast 1 cheater when you try to play in any server. 

From my view of perspective the game won't last becuase since browser games are not popular anymore. Warmerise project it has served very well so far.  As the dev said things are not same anymore because billings always change. You need to earn well to hande things in todays world.

Even if we can somehow get players back, performance is important thing for a good gaming experience and we know how game performance is became poor after game ported into WebGL. I would like to see Remastered version of Warmerise on mobile or standalone because browsers eating a lot RAM from devices. 

I hope the dev is ok and we can receive great news from him sooner. 

• 1147 posts
    September 9, 2023 2:42 PM PDT

Im not sure why he refused to hire partners to work on the game, in case he's gone others will take care of the game

but No, still wants to be a single developer, now gg we don't know what happend to him he could have died in real life, or maybe he lost every ways to connect or i don't know.

Hes gone since the beginning of summer

now you see the sky servers appear way too less lately, and it was the most competitive thing at the game for now. and at night you find about 2 servers max and 15 people online.

Warmerise will end within 2025.

This post was edited by Cyanex at September 9, 2023 2:43 PM PDT
    • 93 posts
    September 9, 2023 4:23 PM PDT

Well, I hope all is good on his end. It's not completely unusual for Max to be AWOL for some time, but two whole months is concerning...

A Warmerise Standalone version would definitely make more sense, imo. It would be able to use your whole computer power vs. being limited to what the web browser allows.

For mobile, you would need to adapt the controls, possibly even tune game mechanics to make them more suitable for mobile. It would possibly require some code refactoring or rewrite and that takes time.

Either way, none of this will happen anytime soon... or ever.

This post was edited by DeadArt at September 9, 2023 4:24 PM PDT
  • September 10, 2023 3:53 AM PDT

dead end ig imagine that no more warme