Forums » News & Announcements

Warmerise - 2.4.6

This topic has been closed.
    • 4 posts
    August 17, 2018 7:20 AM PDT

Admiral said:

Max, this is an uneccasary and completley bull**** change that needs to be reversed. First of all, dogding bullets and strafing has basically been removed and is literally impossible if someone has even half decent accuracy. This update ruins whatever competitve and fun aspect the game had about itself and completely disregards the players who took time to learn movements and have spent hours in game learning how to strafe/ move in general. The game overall has become far less enjoyable and dull due to how slow the gameplay is and how easy it is to hit other players now. This was an uneccasary addition and ruins the overall performance and skill gap. This update was basically a spit in the face to those who took the time and effort to learn effective movements and has essentially disregarded the loyal fanbase of the game. This update only caters to brand new players and screws active players over. It not only makes the game less fast paced which is what makes this game different and uniquie, but it also kills the enjoyment and overall fun of gameplay.

I agree man.

• 328 posts
    August 17, 2018 8:50 AM PDT

HEY MAX GOOD JOB.

• 6 posts
    August 17, 2018 9:00 AM PDT

Max i never knew that you would fell so down..

• 328 posts
    August 17, 2018 9:05 AM PDT

ALikillerz said:

Max i never knew that you would fell so down..

Help I've fallen and I can't get up.

• 507 posts
    August 17, 2018 9:46 AM PDT
    I need LifeAlert x Warmerise memes right now.
    • 3 posts
    August 17, 2018 5:28 PM PDT

Ok, Max plz, no.
    I need my sprint!
    This is my game, my main game.
    This is what I play, I've recommend this game to many people. This is the game I never get bored of. You are going to lose a lot of loyal players with this decision. I logged in today to find the player count wicked low. You are gonna kill your own game. I don't want this masterpiece to die. I don't know about others, but I know that if this is not changed in the next update I'm sure as hell not coming back. Please please fix this! I want the speed of the game, to be able to jump around behind someone and get the advantage with skill. That is what makes this game so good, it is skill based, purely. You can have awesome weapons and still be trash. This may make the game simpler, but is that really what you want? More players who are too afraid to get really deep into a game with practice? Do you really want your player base to be candy crushers? We play this game because it doesn't play it's self like some other games. Are you too afraid to have your game stand out? To actually require some skill? If you think this ship is sinking, I would sure as hell rather sink with honor as part of a challenging game than stoop to this state and fall still. 
    Anyway, I apologize for my aggressive stance, I really love your game, thanks for the memories... <3

• 610 posts
    August 17, 2018 5:48 PM PDT

chronospectrum said: I need LifeAlert x Warmerise memes right now.

Lmao. LifeAlert is the "I've fallen and I can't get up!" right?

• 1 posts
    August 17, 2018 7:47 PM PDT

Max i really love this game i always play it,  please return sprinting its part of the skill in this game, I hope you will understand max :)

• 6 posts
    August 17, 2018 8:09 PM PDT
    R.I.P Sky
    • 21 posts
    August 18, 2018 1:36 AM PDT

I have been playing Warmerise since 2012. I remember very well how there was no sprint in earlier versions of the game. When it was introduced, it had a great, positive influence on the game mechanics. Learning how to manage your energy drill became one of the most important tactical skills. Being a good player meant that you needed to learn how to dogde bullets by sprinting. Sprint + jump was also a useful tactics.

And now there is no challenge, no fun, because sprint has been removed. The gap between weaker players and pros is larger than earlier, since inexperienced players can't even evade bullets!  This is the worst update Warmerise has had in several years. And nobody wants this change! This poll's results show clearly the community's opinion: https://warmerise.com/polls/view/1359/bring-back-sprint. Almost 80 people voted for sprint. How many players are active in Warmerise now?  160 at best? The vast majority of the players want sprint to be brought back. We are that majority! 

You want sprint in Warmerise again? Then Show Max it's a necessary element of the game! Write one simple phrase: "#Bring sprint back!" everywhere. Every-where. Post it on your profiles and updates. Post it on the forum. And most importantly, post it on Max's profile. Together we can do it :) Unite and show your strength ;) 

#Bring sprint back!

This post was edited by Batory at August 18, 2018 1:45 AM PDT
    • 6 posts
    August 18, 2018 1:45 AM PDT

please don't

the player base already made its voice be heard, this trend will only increase spam and annoy the dev

its in his hands now

• 21 posts
    August 18, 2018 2:07 AM PDT

Showing simple support for a game mechanics' element is hardly spamming. And there is no certainty, that Max will change anything now, since he never said he is going to. Come on, a little pressure isn't going to be dangerous to anyone ;) And it seemes it's the community, that is "annoyed" here, and for very good reasons. Acting is better than complaining

• 2 posts
    August 18, 2018 2:36 AM PDT

List of things that can't be avoided now:

1) Bullets

2) Knifers

3) Trap mines

4) Grenades

5) Vehicles

Most of the players in the community wants sprint back. Please listen to the community, Max!

• 998 posts
    August 18, 2018 8:47 AM PDT

Ok the sprinting is now back in the game with some minor tweaks

• 507 posts
    August 18, 2018 9:57 AM PDT
    What kind of minor tweaks?
    • 998 posts
    August 18, 2018 10:11 AM PDT

chronospectrum said: What kind of minor tweaks?

Removed the weapon rotation when running in first person view (Basically the way it was before the recent update).
    Increased the walking speed by 3% (Compared to the speed before sprinting was removed)

• 21 posts
    August 18, 2018 12:28 PM PDT

Max said:

Thank you Max, I'm sure this solves the problem. Good to have this feature again.

• 13 posts
    August 18, 2018 3:35 PM PDT

Max said:

We thank you for that.

• 998 posts
    August 18, 2018 10:00 PM PDT

Update 2:

- Reduced the number of Yes votes needed to kick the player (from 70% to 60% of total players in the server)
    - Players who are being kicked can't vote for themselves anymore
    - Fixed bug when pressing Kick Player would spam messages as if every player in the server was being kicked
    - Improved chat censorship algorithm

This post was edited by Admin at August 18, 2018 10:04 PM PDT
    • 6 posts
    August 18, 2018 10:17 PM PDT
    Keep Up The Great Work.
    • 2 posts
    August 19, 2018 2:27 AM PDT

Thanks Max!

• 91 posts
    August 19, 2018 4:13 AM PDT
    Lol nice
    • 65 posts