Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

'Stevie's' Suggestions & Ideas

• 164 posts
    April 16, 2021 2:29 AM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

would also be nice to disable the option to spectate players that aren't from your team in Elimination

That's how you can spot them fouling, though. Looking through walls, being inside of walls and other nifty stuff. ;-P

• 609 posts
    April 16, 2021 11:33 AM PDT

Jeep said:

Max said:

I understand you are trying to help, but at some point it stops being helpful and turns into a spam.
    And may I remind this is not a chat, so thee is absolutely no reason to make a reply unless you have something meaningful to add, a "Not a bad suggestion indeed" is not enough.

Max you should listen to sterbern, his ideas are better, your ideas aren't really helping the game but making it worse and a lot of people are leaving, sterbern can bring it back so i don't think it's a spam

thanks, but I'll stop you right there;

Doing what I do, suggest, is a million times easier than to do what Max does, which is make

we can all make suggestion, but implementing them is a whole other deal

only thing we can do is support and be patient

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at April 16, 2021 11:34 AM PDT
    • 609 posts
    April 16, 2021 11:58 AM PDT

Couple of small suggestions and fixes for Elimination

1- Kill log should be cleared at the end of the round, so when the next one starts its easier to track who has killed who, how many players are still alive etc

2- The Match stats at the end of the round (where you can see who won the most XP, Killstreak etc) seem to only apply to the last round rather than the entire match

3-  please, just please

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at August 4, 2021 3:52 PM PDT
    • 2097 posts
    April 16, 2021 12:34 PM PDT

Similar to how it is in Counter Strike. That would actually be helpful

• 998 posts
    April 17, 2021 10:13 AM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

3-  please, just please

I actually experimented with this idea a while back, but it didn't look right with the old UI. 

Will consider giving it another try.

• April 18, 2021 11:58 PM PDT

STERBEN99 said:

Couple of small suggestions and fixed for Elimination

1- Kill log should be cleared at the end of the round, so when the next one starts its easier to track who has killed who, how many players are still alive etc

2- The Match stats at the end of the round (where you can see who won the most XP, Killstreak etc) seem to only apply to the last round rather than the entire match

3-  please, just please

i'd like it bro 

• 609 posts
    September 22, 2021 11:51 AM PDT

B.A.R        

Burst Assault Rifle (working tittle)

-/-

asset package can be found at https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/guns/compact-bullpup-assault-rifle-111003

"I like to use the call of duty m16 as a standard for damages. One headshot burst is a kill. Two torso bursts or 2.5 limb bursts are also a kill. During each burst, the fire rate of all 3 rounds should be equal to the G36 fire rate with 15-30% reduced recoil in the first two bullets (you want the last one to feel stronger so the burst as a whole is controllable, but you still need to correct after each trigger pull), and the time between trigger pulls should be fairly long, maybe .2 seconds. Magazine size and reload time should be the limit to performance, I would say 18 rounds/magazine, 6 magazines in reserve. Reload time should be equal to the blastgun, the second longest reload in the game" 

-Chronospectrum

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 23, 2021 9:40 AM PDT
    • 2097 posts
    September 22, 2021 12:37 PM PDT

Actually something like this would be pretty cool. It's far more exciting than the last weapons that were added.

• 3 posts
    September 22, 2021 2:54 PM PDT

The game should update the 3D models to make them look better. They currently look like halo 2's graphics. Also, it would be cool if all of the weapons would fit the sci fi theme. Another thing that would be cool to add would be an auto turret item.

• 2097 posts
    September 22, 2021 3:15 PM PDT
    About the graphics. It’s probably about as good as it can get on WebGL
    • 507 posts
    September 22, 2021 5:55 PM PDT
    There's also the limitation of textures. Modern games use extra textures to add details like bumps, cracks, or shiny surfaces. Warmerise doesn't use these textures to improve performance and to reduce download times. No criticism intended here btw, balancing visual graphics versus performance is a hard choice to make, and I think prioritizing performance is the right choice.
  • September 25, 2021 12:13 AM PDT
    Yes. The more the updates or ideas (like these) are added, the performance would be lowered. And I also think that prioritising performance is a good choice. But yeah, at the other side, it feels bad without updates. BTW Sterben's ideas are very good too.
    • 3 posts
    September 27, 2021 8:33 AM PDT

I guess you guys are right, and plus halo 2 is awesome, so I guess it's no biggie.

• 127 posts
    October 17, 2021 10:02 PM PDT

I have a question . when will warmerise be completely renewed? I mean not like the 2016-2017 shutdown but just renewing the game. It has to happen at any moment, not necessarily soon but one day anyway. I don't know if Max had considered doing this soon or not. For my part, it would be great if it happens soon because:

1. The top 100 have too much XP. I earn about 10k a day but I only play on weekends. i'm online sometimes during the week but i have too much work to actually play. even a player who plays all week but earns 1k per day will not be able to get far. it takes me 1 year or more to become top 100.

2. There are too many clans !! Yes, I recently tried to make my clan, with "decent type players" , where multiclan was prohibited. yet it is impossible to find these players. all the good clans have already been created, the good players are already taken. Fill the current players in 10 or more clans. and there is never a new clan that is going to be successful. successful clans are only formers.

3. if everything starts from scratch, it will be a new competition, new clan wars.

only, you will say that a lot of players will leave this game with that. I don't know if it's resonable. maybe a vote would be resonable?

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY IDEA?

• 458 posts
    October 18, 2021 4:40 AM PDT

Sybil said:

I have a question . when will warmerise be completely renewed? I mean not like the 2016-2017 shutdown but just renewing the game. It has to happen at any moment, not necessarily soon but one day anyway. I don't know if Max had considered doing this soon or not. For my part, it would be great if it happens soon because:

1. The top 100 have too much XP. I earn about 10k a day but I only play on weekends. i'm online sometimes during the week but i have too much work to actually play. even a player who plays all week but earns 1k per day will not be able to get far. it takes me 1 year or more to become top 100.

2. There are too many clans !! Yes, I recently tried to make my clan, with "decent type players" , where multiclan was prohibited. yet it is impossible to find these players. all the good clans have already been created, the good players are already taken. Fill the current players in 10 or more clans. and there is never a new clan that is going to be successful. successful clans are only formers.

3. if everything starts from scratch, it will be a new competition, new clan wars.

only, you will say that a lot of players will leave this game with that. I don't know if it's resonable. maybe a vote would be resonable?

I had an idea too, but I don't think Max will listen, how about instead of just crouching you could also lay down on the ground like at war and you can snipe someone in a hidden place.

• 3 posts
    October 19, 2021 3:17 PM PDT

LightningStorm said:

Syduck said:

I had an idea too, but I don't think Max will listen, how about instead of just crouching you could also lay down on the ground like at war and you can snipe someone in a hidden place.

This is actually not a bad idea

• 2097 posts
    October 27, 2021 7:19 AM PDT
    I’m not sure about a full reset. But definitely some changes and updates need to be made. Max had said that there will be new updates that will be implemented next year. I am hoping that he will address some of the current issues.
    • 657 posts
    October 27, 2021 11:46 AM PDT

Sybil said:

also men yellow words,this strained my eyes for bit (currently wearin my glasses rn but didint like reading the bright coloured words)

• 609 posts
    November 12, 2022 3:04 PM PST

STERBEN99 said:

something I'd like to see in a future update is the ammount of xp a player receives from an assist being re-worked.

Depending on how much damage you've dealt to a player, different xp values would be awarded.

higher damage dealt in an assist = more xp gained, values between 1 and 4

damage dealt          reward

[01,24]hp                  1xp

[25,49]hp                  2xp

[50,74]hp                  3xp

[75,99]hp                  4xp

Small value re-work*

[01 - 33] 1xp
    [33 - 66] 2xp
    [66 - 99] 3xp

Just so an assist doesn't differentiate from a kill by only 1xp

This post was edited by Admin at December 5, 2022 4:31 PM PST
    • 609 posts
    December 5, 2022 6:17 AM PST

Armory rework

First, a couple of re-works to the current meta

-The GA3A and the Pulse Pistol are barely seen in-game, and wouldn't be at all if not by the 'meme' material they are - simply put: they're worst version of already existing weapons, not adding anything new to the Game.
    My suggestion: make this 2 the first 'Charge' weapons in the game, meaning that they would tecnically have infinite ammo (in stock) as long as you give them time to re-charge.

-If the adjustment hasn't already been made in the past (don't recall any entry in the updates about it), a shorter reload time would help.

-Remove the speed decrease that comes with this, it is deserved in the RPG due to the blast radius of the explosion being such a good way to get cheap kills/do damage but in the Mini-G hinders it's user too much.

-Just make it a shotgun dude, use whatever values, even blast shotgun's, keep the current fire rate but please just make it a shotgun.
    I don't care that it is so in real life, but I can't live with me knowing I spent 35k on this just for the sound it makes.

-Another an extra clips (+11 ammo in stock).

-upgrade it back to a 2 hit kill? I don't get the nerf quit frankly, was already barely used but now it isn't an option at all.

-Return to the old values + hit-scan

Now, a couple of niches that I feel are yet to be occupied.

with the added bonus that you already have the models.

- Burst Assault Rife (Primary).

- Burst SMG (Seconday).

-Heavy Sniper (Primary).
    very high damange, high (if not total) chance of a 'one-hit' kill, balanced with low chambered ammo and a slow fire rate.

-Double Barrel Shotgun (Primary).

-Launcher (Secondary)

RPG's opposite explosive brother, small blast radius but high damage, low ammo as well, maybe even add a 'cross-hair tracking' aspect to a slow projectile - great to take down vehicles.

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at December 5, 2022 6:19 AM PST
    • 652 posts
    December 5, 2022 6:47 AM PST

STERBEN99 said:

STERBEN99 said:

something I'd like to see in a future update is the ammount of xp a player receives from an assist being re-worked.

Depending on how much damage you've dealt to a player, different xp values would be awarded.

higher damage dealt in an assist = more xp gained, values between 1 and 4

damage dealt          reward

[01,24]hp                  1xp

[25,49]hp                  2xp

[50,74]hp                  3xp

[75,99]hp                  4xp

Small value re-work*

[01 - 33] 1xp
    [33 - 66] 2xp
    [66 - 99] 3xp

Just so an assist doesn't differentiate from a kill by only 1xp

feels so much better than just getting 1 xp for dealing 99 damage and then someone just took the final 1 damage

This post was edited by Admin at December 5, 2022 4:31 PM PST
    • 652 posts
    December 5, 2022 6:48 AM PST

. What in the world happened to my post's forum design

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 5, 2022 11:25 AM PST

STERBEN99 said:

Armory rework

First, a couple of re-works to the current meta

-The GA3A and the Pulse Pistol are barely seen in-game, and wouldn't be at all if not by the 'meme' material they are - simply put: they're worst version of already existing weapons, not adding anything new to the Game.
    My suggestion: make this 2 the first 'Charge' weapons in the game, meaning that they would tecnically have infinite ammo (in stock) as long as you give them time to re-charge.

-If the adjustment hasn't already been made in the past (don't recall any entry in the updates about it), a shorter reload time would help.

-Remove the speed decrease that comes with this, it is deserved in the RPG due to the blast radius of the explosion being such a good way to get cheap kills/do damage but in the Mini-G hinders it's user too much.

-Just make it a shotgun dude, use whatever values, even blast shotgun's, keep the current fire rate but please just make it a shotgun.
    I don't care that it is so in real life, but I can't live with me knowing I spent 35k on this just for the sound it makes.

-Another an extra clips (+11 ammo in stock).

-upgrade it back to a 2 hit kill? I don't get the nerf quit frankly, was already barely used but now it isn't an option at all.

-Return to the old values + hit-scan

Now, a couple of niches that I feel are yet to be occupied.

with the added bonus that you already have the models.

- Burst Assault Rife (Primary).

- Burst SMG (Seconday).

-Heavy Sniper (Primary).
    very high damange, high (if not total) chance of a 'one-hit' kill, balanced with low chambered ammo and a slow fire rate.

-Double Barrel Shotgun (Primary).

-Launcher (Secondary)

RPG's opposite explosive brother, small blast radius but high damage, low ammo as well, maybe even add a 'cross-hair tracking' aspect to a slow projectile - great to take down vehicles.

If anyone considers another sh*tgun, shotgun, sorry peh ksk jk fukin lol. Shotguns are bullsh*t, having a double barrel would make me kill myself

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    December 5, 2022 11:28 AM PST

Isterio said:

. What in the world happened to my post's forum design

ikr wtf?

• 609 posts
    January 9, 2023 5:48 AM PST

re-viving this topic, properly

New weapon and items suggestions

Seeking to fill out niches that are yet to be occupied, this are the weapons that I'd like to suggest.

I focus more on what role they should play in the player's arsenal rather than just simple stats changes to not end up with a pulse pistol situation.
    All of the following values (if even mentioned), from prices, damage values and overall stats (as well as remarks) are subject to change and improvement, so let me know your opinions.

As previously stated, this are either free items or items that are already in your possetion.

Primary Weapons

Burst assault rifle (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/guns/compact-bullpup-assault-rifle-111003)

Sucker for this bull pup design, a lovely addition for those that love to time their shots with accuracy.

"I like to use the call of duty m16 as a standard for damages. One headshot burst is a kill. Two torso bursts or 2.5 limb bursts are also a kill. During each burst, the fire rate of all 3 rounds should be equal to the G36 fire rate with 15-30% reduced recoil in the first two bullets (you want the last one to feel stronger so the burst as a whole is controllable, but you still need to correct after each trigger pull), and the time between trigger pulls should be fairly long, maybe .2 seconds. Magazine size and reload time should be the limit to performance, I would say 18 rounds/magazine, 6 magazines in reserve. Reload time should be equal to the blastgun, the second longest reload in the game"~Chrono

Double Barrell Shotgun (old STG-12 model pre-shutdown)

2 shots in the chamber at all times, 2 good hits at close range are enough to send the opponent to spectator mode, one if you're really good (or lucky) with it.

Heavy Sniper (rail rifle's model for a short while)
    A very high damange sniper rifle, high (if not total) chance of a 'one-hit' kill balanced with a single chambered ammo forcing a reload (and un-scope) after each shot, a 101 all across the board would be nice, but if not, atleast head and torso with a very high (+84) for the limbs, price somewhere in between the FlameThrower and A12 (make it an auto-shotgun).

LMG (yet to be modeled)

Mini-Gun's big brother, slight stat improve, drum roll with ammo on 100/300 - and most importantly, no fire delay.

Highly innacurate if hip fired, for optimal use pair aiming with crouching, great for supressing fire.

Secondary Weapons

Anti-Material Rifle (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/guns/ksvk-russian-sniper-rifle-72270)

First secondary weapon with a scope, low ammo (ex. 1/4) and following the same philosophy as the heavy sniper, the AMR has an incredily high damage (+500) which makes it great to take down humvees or jets, or, altho overkill, to kill that one guy across the map.
    Priced around the warrior bow and the RPG, it has a very high recoil and spread if hip fired - possible the same 'arch mechanic' as the arrows from the warrior bow?

Rocket Launcher(part of a package already owned)

RPG's opposite explosive little brother, small blast radius but high damage, bad to deal with enemy player clusters, low ammo, slow bullet speed, bullet which follows the player crosshair when the item is equiped (straight line if changed to primary) making it great to deal with vehicles and players in cover (with some trick-shotery).

Burst SMG (old blastgun model)

A mix between the CPW and the aforementioned Burst Assault Rifle

HP seringe (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/guns/lowpoly-scifi-pistol-125412)

Not a gun - rather a utility item.

Trading the secondary item slot's usual additional offensive fire power for this allows the the player to heal himself (LMB) or a team mate (RMB) a small ammount of HP (low ammo as well, ex. 1/3). 

Additional Item

Hunter-Seeker 

Another utily item, this time not in the secondary weapon slot but on the additional item one, Hunter-seeker bots (of which the players gets 2, 1 less than the 3 mines) approach the nearest trapmine to de-activate it without setting off the explosion, after the job is done the bot explodes (harmless, promise)

With 75Hp however they can be destroyed, so make sure to not deploy them to far from their target to diminish the changes of them getting destroyed before they can fullfill their purpose in life