Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

'Stevie's' Suggestions & Ideas

• 609 posts
    September 18, 2018 3:23 PM PDT

This forum is a place where I'll start uploading my ideas and suggestion, either past ones that I believe shouuld have a lil more attention, future ideas and ideas I've heard people talk or suggest and liked or found interesting, sometimes i probably won't remember who said it so I probably won't credit them but I'll do if I remember, anyways you're notified, if you see a suggestion you made in the past in here and I don't credit you I'm sorry in advance and feel free to send me a message so I can do so.

This Idea came to me a couple of days ago, I was doing an all night and for fun I started scribbling some stuff on a notebook of all the suggestions and Ideas I was having for warm, I ended up with two pages. Now before people start commentanting on certain stuff, I am aware that some stuff are either hard, or take a long time to implement, or that WebGl has little memory, before all that, I am aware this is just a place to vault all of this stuff.

I'd gladly engage in debates why something would or would not work, how to improve, ear new stuff and overall take some constructive criticism and listen to your opinion (just quote the suggestion and let me know)

• 609 posts
    September 18, 2018 3:28 PM PDT

I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at November 12, 2022 3:11 PM PST
    • 609 posts
    September 18, 2018 4:00 PM PDT

• 609 posts
    September 18, 2018 7:42 PM PDT

Divide skins into Featured and non featured, featured skins are skins that are well made, they are initially posted and go to unfeatured skins which can be found on the "other skin" menu, there, if the well made skins gets spotted out (by some kind of skin moderator) it will go to the Featured menu, doesn't matter if it fills the sale or revenue mark, a well made skins is put on this featured menu, therefore being more publicly bisible;

The Non featured menu behaves the same way as the current skin menu we currently have, while the featured is subvided in Primary weapons, Secondary Weapons, Melee weapons being each sub category divided by gun;

The goal with this is: Promote high quality skins so that the public in general buys them, that way we're all looking fancy ;) and to try and diminished the "copy and drag texture) skins we see...A LOT...

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 18, 2018 7:48 PM PDT
    • 609 posts
    September 18, 2018 8:22 PM PDT

EDIT: I origally though of this for big maps like Base or Haunt, i don't know what tweaks and changes would be needed for smaller maps like Area 56 or close spaces like Bunker

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 18, 2018 11:41 PM PDT
    • 609 posts
    September 18, 2018 9:13 PM PDT

-Indicator of Assists;

-Hability to Add a friend when in game; hability to report; hability to chat mute that particular player

• 609 posts
    September 18, 2018 10:34 PM PDT

EDIT NOTE: This objectives/Mission could only be completed in public servers that have the necessary to gain xp (mininum x of allowed players and players in server/active) + small rewards per rank leveled up

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 21, 2018 12:55 PM PDT
  • September 18, 2018 11:33 PM PDT

https://prnt.sc/kw2xxr very nice

• 609 posts
    September 19, 2018 12:23 AM PDT

Blue Flag Victorious -> https://imgur.com/a/F2KErgo

Red Flag Victorious -> https://imgur.com/a/B0EgRdZ

Blue Flag Defeated -> https://imgur.com/a/4DxfDyW

Red Flag Defeated -> https://imgur.com/a/ZfmJpuk

Poll -> https://warmerise.com/polls/view/1405/flags

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 19, 2018 12:25 AM PDT
    • 609 posts
    September 19, 2018 12:40 AM PDT

• 609 posts
    September 20, 2018 8:44 AM PDT

Customization

-Enables the player to do a simple costumization to their character, add simple icons and logos in their shoulder gUArds, helmets and chests, simple stuff, flags, stars or symbols, small skulls nothing too drastic

-Possible revenue maker (i.g. American Flag 0.99 cents)

-Possibly clan logos as well (giving the owners hability to gift them) - reservated for old/lasting and active clans

- https://imgur.com/a/xe0CIsA Places to costumize

-High Prizes in-game cash or/and Real cash (tip: don't make an item only purchasable through real money add the option for in-game cash no matter how high)

-Possible rewards of the monthly rank's (which needs a better name) challenges

• 609 posts
    September 20, 2018 9:54 AM PDT

The english on this one is particularlly bad, was rather late when i made this one, but i suppose its understandable, let me know what do you think about this, could this be clan saving?

note: For a clan to get out of the vault its easy, he just needs to pay all of his debt, when in a vautl the rent's values go to half

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 20, 2018 1:07 PM PDT
    • 609 posts
    September 20, 2018 11:05 AM PDT

As much as we try to warn people not to give their account information its something that regurarly occurs probably more than we know, recent events made me think a little more on how to prevent this, usually victims tend to be rather yound and naive and give their details by the false promises of receiveing a determine ammount of cash

so this is the suggestion; 

allows accounts to have a second user, a seconday email that also allows its user to enter the account

The primary account user has power over the second, if he wishes he can dissallow him to enter

he can also choose what he can and cannot be allowed to like buy skins or comment on posts

passwords and emails would stay secret between the owners so no private info is passed

to allow the second account person to enter the first time the main acc's owner will get a special one time code

• 609 posts
    September 20, 2018 1:11 PM PDT

Elimination Mode suggestion; add players profile pic in the top for players to keep track of whose alive

when the player dies the pic dissapears

or a cross cuts it 

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 24, 2018 11:05 AM PDT
    • 155 posts
    September 21, 2018 5:55 AM PDT

About the upgrades at the armory spot,,,what about being able to buy with 2coins some nanocompressors that would last the rest of the game only.. A lot of players dont buy them because they save for things and this would open thier eyes to the usefulness of the nanocompressors.

• 609 posts
    September 21, 2018 6:04 AM PDT

For the last month or so i've been collecting data on server's info, I wanted to do a population one but its very hard since i cant be here at all time zones, but this particular study i've made is about the registered to unregistered ratio, and i personally don't believe it's a bad thing to be an unregistered but a registered player can for sure much more to the game. Being part of the community and all the perks that being  a registered player has keeps the player engaged and therefore stays longer, which is a good thing for everyone and a common goal

My conclusion is that aprox only 17,3% of the players that i see on servers are registered (for those who don't know its just check the 'key' icon on their profile while in game) which i surprinsigly low, even tho its not an accurate sample since it was only done by me so we'd need way more info to have a complete studies, but the real numbers won't probably be very far away from those

so i went into Y8 to play warmerise lite and i was rather suprise not to see a flashy button encouraging players to register, and thats my suggestion, a flashy button to gather more attention to the hability to register, clicking on this button would redirect the person to a warm's page in which the perks would be further explained along with the sign-up suggestion

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 21, 2018 8:37 AM PDT
    • 998 posts
    September 21, 2018 6:40 AM PDT

I understand you are trying to help, but at some point it stops being helpful and turns into a spam.
    And may I remind this is not a chat, so thee is absolutely no reason to make a reply unless you have something meaningful to add, a "Not a bad suggestion indeed" is not enough.

• 82 posts
    September 21, 2018 8:16 AM PDT

Max said:

I understand you are trying to help, but at some point it stops being helpful and turns into a spam.
    And may I remind this is not a chat, so thee is absolutely no reason to make a reply unless you have something meaningful to add, a "Not a bad suggestion indeed" is not enough.

"Stop trying to help fix my game, I like it broken"

This post was edited by MikeMiz13 at September 21, 2018 8:17 AM PDT
    • 609 posts
    September 21, 2018 8:32 AM PDT

Nerf suggestion

last one tho

• 84 posts
    September 21, 2018 12:01 PM PDT

I like seasonal ranks... :D

• 63 posts
    September 21, 2018 2:21 PM PDT
    Yeah, seasonal ranks would be lit
    • 25 posts
    September 23, 2018 5:02 PM PDT

Seasonal ranks, new flags, register button, updated score screen, and profile pics in elimination mode are all amazing suggestions Sterben.

• 609 posts
    September 24, 2018 8:21 AM PDT

Max said:

I created this thread with the intention of helping you come up with new systems for the game, being a sole dev must be hard and it's rather understandable that you can't think of all of the stuff by yourself and that's totally fine. That being said i think you should (and i think you are) be gratefull that you have a community with this dedication level to a game and that comes up with stuff that imo, you need to pay attention and implement if suitable. What wou'd you prefer? me creating a thread and post all of my ideas in it, that way keeping it more organized Or just keep on creating new forums?

Adressing your comment, I give it to you that i spammed a lil, too many posts in a short ammount of time, what i can say is that i got carried away, and for that my apologies, i'll refrain from posting too avidly in here.

Therefore i will continue with 'Stevie's Suggestions & Ideas' with the belieth that I'm doing my part to make the game better

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 24, 2018 10:55 AM PDT
    • 609 posts
    September 24, 2018 8:14 PM PDT

In case you want to check:

Ardoyne's original comment just scroll up

maige's original post https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/633/new-meta

Vein's original post https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/564/a-couple-of-suggestions (it's the last comment)

btw once again it was late so...lol

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 25, 2018 11:20 AM PDT
    • 609 posts
    September 25, 2018 11:20 AM PDT

The A-12, is a gun that doesn't have it's own niche, since it's role is already occupied by the g36 and carbine, it's not a bad weapon at all but the it's not worth the price not to mention it's kinda pointless

so what do you think of making it an AA-12? a automatic shotgun that would shoot about 4 or 5 pellets (with the consequent tweaks) giving her it's own role as a sort of upgrade from the stg

this wasn't originally though by me but i cannot remember the original thinker, so props to the anonimous dude (or duda)

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at September 25, 2018 11:20 AM PDT