Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Name restriction

• 108 posts
    May 11, 2020 7:55 PM PDT

Maybe you all know that when you play as unregistered, Warmerise gives you opportunity to put the name you want. My suggestion is please remove this thing and set up as random names between player1 - player900 etc. Also it can be a good adv to actual unregistered players to play on offical website if you leave a note to profile section. If its bad idea my other idea is do a function if written name matches with registered names people should not be able to use that name. 

Nowadays, people are causing some problems by using our clan tags, names and they are insulting to other players by using our nicknames. 

This post was edited by Kalamar at May 11, 2020 7:55 PM PDT
    • 429 posts
    May 11, 2020 10:48 PM PDT

This is a good idea. Instead, it should randomly assign you a name like "Player 123" that you are not allowed to change.

• 452 posts
    May 12, 2020 2:52 AM PDT

Could it be possible calling yourself with a name, but making it impossible for others to see it? like, on your screen your name is "Aws has small ****" but no one else could see that nickname and instead will see "Player420" or some other random number.

Just a suggestion. I do think that making it valid only for registered players to use their custom names is quite neccesary with all a-holes going unregistered and troll. 

(Not that this will stop that, but it could decrease it...)

• 164 posts
    May 12, 2020 7:05 AM PDT

How about a forced prefix or group (*unregistered player*). Thereby, instead of “Alfonsius” it would become “*unregistered player* Alfonsius” or “[unregistered player] Alfonsius”.

More on the subject: How about disallowing “no-show” characters? I often play vs. cheaters that have no name at all – just a blank. That shouldn't be allowed. You could name yourself like another player and just add a blank in order to run a defamation campaign against that player.

I know that Unicode is a blitch, but there are ways to remove non-printable characters...

• 116 posts
    May 15, 2020 12:53 PM PDT
    This will be cool, but some players can't create acc because of their parents and their name it's the only thing they are (they cant have guns, clans etc)
    • 116 posts
    May 15, 2020 12:54 PM PDT
    That*