Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Custom Maps Rant

• 2097 posts
    December 28, 2020 5:25 PM PST

chronospectrum said:

It is not a thing.
    So long it has all the spawn points/armories/etc somewhere in the map, there is no other requirement to publishing a map. The voting system is *supposed* to filter out bad maps, but even lazy maps like Jets Arena get through the system.

Most of the time I see users do a mass message of all of their friends to rate their maps. Most of the maps aren't really good to be honest, but manage to get 4 of 5 stars none the different.

• 65 posts
    January 3, 2021 8:17 AM PST

kale75 said:

Ahh yes I have been seeing this as well. Back in the day there were really fun games of with the old players. Haunt especially is a map that I have sorely missed lately. I think that people should be able to make their own maps but there should be some harsher QC for them. However many players do enjoy the crazier gameplay so I don't think any and all small maps should be removed. I don't know the best route to take here. But yes this is a problem that has become really bad lately. 

Also the games average toxicity level has gone WAY up lately.

Just troll and make their blood pressure pop their veins ))))))

• 68 posts
    January 3, 2021 9:55 AM PST

Hehehehehehehehehe.

• 22 posts
    January 19, 2021 8:24 AM PST

I don't care what happens to most of the maps, but DragonComplex an TheIsland2016 are now classic Warmerise maps. If you remove those two, you've removed a lot of players

• 164 posts
    January 19, 2021 8:50 AM PST

Before, ModernCity used to be one of the most popular maps. This wasn't for “harvesting XP”. There are other maps for that. It was, because the spawning points made sense in combination with the fortresses. This way you usually ended with one team attacking and the other defending.

The replacement ModernCity is a bore with bad spawning. There's nothing left of the game play. Consequently, a lot less people play that.

This is what it looks like when you get paid to drive away people. ;-P

This post was edited by paco42 at January 19, 2021 8:50 AM PST
    • 507 posts
    January 19, 2021 3:39 PM PST

paco42 said:

Are you implying that Max is rewarding this somehow?

• 8 posts
    January 19, 2021 4:27 PM PST

paco42 said:

Before, ModernCity used to be one of the most popular maps. This wasn't for “harvesting XP”. There are other maps for that. It was, because the spawning points made sense in combination with the fortresses. This way you usually ended with one team attacking and the other defending.

The replacement ModernCity is a bore with bad spawning. There's nothing left of the game play. Consequently, a lot less people play that.

Most of the time I can't able to arrive at the fortress once I am spawned out of the fortress.

Since I will keep being shot while I am trying to arrive there.

Well, maybe not a problem for some players who are using a gravity gun. 

• 15 posts
    January 19, 2021 7:07 PM PST
    Oh no. You lost the ability to spawn kill. How sad.
    • 22 posts
    January 20, 2021 5:44 PM PST

paco42 said:

U mad bro?