Forums » Custom Skins

TUTORIAL-SkinMaking

• November 27, 2019 12:36 PM PST
    xPatriot said:

Roesko said: I know that but I don’t know (care) what else to call it and I don’t really give a ****.

It is called blender, it says so multiple times.

Did you miss the part about me not giving a ****?
    • 429 posts
    November 27, 2019 5:56 PM PST

Dude, If you want skin templates I can give them to you, all you have to do is ask.

• December 6, 2019 6:03 AM PST

Hey RaMe, is it possible to create new weapons, or edit weapons for a higher polycount and submit them as plugins for the game?  I've been using blender for a while, and could convert the .blend to .obj for Unity.  Just curious to know whether or not that's possible.

• December 6, 2019 6:16 AM PST

Roesko said: And I tried using an image off the Internet and guess what? It didn’t work.

Pal, you need to download the image.  Either that or create your own, (Not that hard, google can help you with that) or go to Pinterest and download a texture file there.  If you're lucky, you can even find a bumpmap for the gun as well for better light reflection/refraction.  If you somehow don't even get the thing I said above, go to node editor, (Above the timetable, to the far left) and enable nodes while in cycles rendering.  Right click and find shaders.  From there, you can build a skin, either using bumpmapping, Material texturing, UV projected or baked texturing, or even just a simple setup of three nodes.  (RGB shader, Mix shader or Gamma shader, Output.  [Output is not considered a node.])  The more nodes you use, and the combinations that you develop, will either improve or degrade the material.  For example, if you are doing a rust texture, without a bump,  (Suggesting a bumpmap here)  you would use a few variable shaders along with lighting, RGB, Noise emit node, gamma node, and around three to five mathmatical nodes.  Not that hard.  Just play with it for a bit and you'll make a new skin, based off of your preference.  

(Note, use Gimp for creating custom Jpgs, bumpmaps, and materials for blender.  Bit of a learning curve, but absolutly worth it.  Gimp is free and can be found almost anywhere.  I know this because I have it, and because I develop games, images, photography, and random projects with Blender and Gimp alone.)

This post was edited by Deleted Member at December 6, 2019 6:18 AM PST
    • 1 posts
    February 13, 2020 10:32 AM PST

what if you can't downlaod software such as if you where using a chromebook ect?

• 6 posts
    June 2, 2020 3:59 PM PDT

i have a less complex way to do this

• June 22, 2020 5:12 AM PDT

Hard?

• 11 posts
    August 31, 2020 12:38 PM PDT

Thanks bro, I had no idea how to make skins, and this helped A LOT

• 7 posts
    October 6, 2020 12:41 AM PDT

thx bro ım carbine skin

• 359 posts
    October 6, 2020 2:38 PM PDT

xFight said:

thx bro ım carbine skin

hi carbine skin am Chapo hi bro

• 429 posts
    October 6, 2020 3:09 PM PDT

xChapo said:

xFight said:

thx bro ım carbine skin

hi carbine skin am Chapo hi bro

Hi guys im noob

• 71 posts
    October 15, 2020 12:05 AM PDT

this needs to be update the new blender has changed alot

• 4 posts
    November 3, 2020 9:55 AM PST

thanks for help

• February 23, 2022 10:07 AM PST

dozens of ideas , I love this place ! ^_^

• 17 posts
    April 11, 2022 8:01 AM PDT

Can you do this somewhere else that you don't need to download?

• 2 posts
    April 18, 2022 5:35 PM PDT

What about uploading a certain image? Like one you get off of google, you think it'd look cool on a gun and you wanna try it... but it wont work on the create skin thing on warmerise, how do you make it? 

• 2097 posts
    April 18, 2022 6:00 PM PDT
    Yeah that’s not really encouraged
    • 46 posts
    April 18, 2022 11:39 PM PDT

ForbiddenLegend said:

What about uploading a certain image? Like one you get off of google, you think it'd look cool on a gun and you wanna try it... but it wont work on the create skin thing on warmerise, how do you make it? 

DID you have read this thread or others on how to make skins? Obviously not.

This post was edited by Halo9876 at April 18, 2022 11:42 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    April 19, 2022 5:11 AM PDT

Where do I get the skin template?

• 46 posts
    April 19, 2022 5:14 AM PDT

In the armory tab under custom skins --> create new skins.

• 17 posts
    April 19, 2022 5:25 AM PDT

Now, is there an online editor i can use instead of blender?

• 46 posts
    June 5, 2022 11:41 AM PDT

pixlr.com

• 17 posts
    February 28, 2023 7:17 AM PST

I can use blender now but I don't understand why you need to use Photoshop

• 17 posts
    February 28, 2023 7:19 AM PST

PS should be optional

• 93 posts
    February 28, 2023 9:25 AM PST

You can use any image editing software - even web-based ones like Photopea (which is similar to Photoshop). It's just that Photoshop is more widely known as it's the industry standard.

In the end, you will need a image editing software in order to create your own skins as skins are 2D textures.

This post was edited by DeadArt at February 28, 2023 9:25 AM PST