Forums » General

Max please remove the yellow bullets beams its too lagyy

• 192 posts
    January 23, 2022 2:00 PM PST

some games will have a censor with the cross hair that detects when its hitting a players hit box i realized that these yellow beams that shoot out of the muzzles of these weapons are too much and producing way to much lagg and sometimes even make these weapons inaccurate and make other players glitch and freeze. sometimes these beams will hit a player and cause them to lag so much the health bar could get confused and players will die quicker. that sometime happens with the more ridiculous guns like the revolver carbine and the mini gun and sometimes even the ump40. i really recomend removing these yellow beams and just add the censor most guns in real life you dont even see the bullets anyway. and btw this would drastically improve the games perfomance and make the and make the game more fair. 

This post was edited by PlasmaStrikerZ at January 23, 2022 2:05 PM PST
    • 192 posts
    January 23, 2022 5:14 PM PST

I also realized in older versions of warmerise they had the cross hair detecting thing without those crazy yellow beams and the game play looked prety smooth

• 2098 posts
    January 23, 2022 7:51 PM PST
    Are you alright?
    • 93 posts
    January 23, 2022 10:49 PM PST

As someone who has a bit of knowledge about game development, I know what you mean by "censor".

The official term for it is Ray casting and this video by Unity explains it well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EINgIoTG8D4

Now, raycasts won't make you lag. Lag only happens either when your connection to the server is bad or your internet in general is bad. If you're living in Europe, for example, and you're connecting to a server in Asia, then of course you and other players will experience lag (stuff like a "confused health bar") because there is a certain delay happening: data from your home has to travel to the server and from the server back to you.

This post was edited by DeadArt at January 24, 2022 12:32 AM PST
    • 192 posts
    January 24, 2022 9:47 AM PST

Manickaa said: Are you alright?
    Better than ever :D

• 652 posts
    February 25, 2022 9:39 PM PST

not laggy for me, its probably because of the computer running badly