Forums » General

Do the snipers have bullet drop?

• May 4, 2022 6:38 PM PDT

By bullet drop I mean the bullet coming from the rifle at a long range losing speed and being pulled by Earths gravity or just falling.

• 242 posts
    May 4, 2022 10:44 PM PDT

yes they do have bullet drop

• 49 posts
    May 15, 2022 9:01 AM PDT

poisondkindia1 said:

Incorrect, there's no bullet drop, but there is bullet velocity. That's why you have to lead your shots in front of the direction enemy player is moving, it gets more extreme when they are sprinting. This game's lag compensation is also to blame.

In particularly big maps, a shot aimed for their heads (or anywhere else really) would take time to reach them, but it's not required to position your crosshair above since there's no bullet drop, that's the difference. You can test this out on TheIsland map, the bullet goes exactly where you aim at no matter the distance, it just takes time to travel there.

This post was edited by fshiteup at May 15, 2022 9:05 AM PDT
  • May 15, 2022 10:12 AM PDT

fshiteup said:

poisondkindia1 said:

Incorrect, there's no bullet drop, but there is bullet velocity. That's why you have to lead your shots in front of the direction enemy player is moving, it gets more extreme when they are sprinting. This game's lag compensation is also to blame.

In particularly big maps, a shot aimed for their heads (or anywhere else really) would take time to reach them, but it's not required to position your crosshair above since there's no bullet drop, that's the difference. You can test this out on TheIsland map, the bullet goes exactly where you aim at no matter the distance, it just takes time to travel there.

Thanks for the answer and making it seem indepth.

• 242 posts
    May 17, 2022 2:05 AM PDT

I don't know man I have seen the bullet ray go in a curve.

This post was edited by poisondkindia1 at June 28, 2022 4:40 AM PDT
    • 49 posts
    May 17, 2022 9:15 PM PDT

poisondkindia1 said:

I don't know man I have seen the bullet ray go in a curve.

It's the exact same for the railgun, or any other gun, I've tested it. The animation of the railgun shots makes it seem like it's a curve, but the bullet hits where you aim dead on either way (look at the bullet decals, not the animation). There's no bullet drop for any gun whatsoever, only bullet velocity. The outliers being the flamethrower, and the bow which even has a visual trajectory prediction for you to see.

• 2 posts
    June 26, 2022 10:48 AM PDT

but the bow does curve :P

• 652 posts
    July 4, 2022 7:40 AM PDT

5 simple words of advice. bow is not a sniper