Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Seriously, when will you fix this game, Max?

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    October 12, 2022 3:42 AM PDT

chronospectrum said:

Yoh said: @Max I would like to talk about the HP bug ... When player dies even after taking hp kit it is actually annoying. Hope u can fix it . Here is the bug from player perspective https://youtu.be/CRdjJys9fnc Time - 8:01

That video is surreal to watch

Anyway, looks like HP kit takes a second to apply, like it has to talk to the server before it registers. It's possible that the other player killed Axiira on their screen before the HP kit had been purchased? They each have 200+ ping which is almost half a second of combined delay...

This is a bug I've mentioned in my reply to Max earlier, it's pretty easy to replicate.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    October 12, 2022 4:25 AM PDT

Max said:
    Eve said:

Max said:

What made you say the game is broken (list all the issues), I certainly want to fix the things that might make the game feel "broken". That's been the focus for the past few updates.

Well first of all additionals is as spammable as ever, they are way too strong, especially Trap Mines where you just run over someone, place one down in their face, and even if I pull up shield, I still take full damage. This is the main reason of this forum topic. Just place mines on someone and run, that's the most pathetic way to play this game and EVERYONE does it. Along with M67, or plasma grenade spam. And shield does nothing, even if I point it directly at the explosion.

Second is Team stacking is another thing, where people just stack registered players vs unregistered players, that on it's own is extremely unbalanced.

Third is the fact that bullets come from the gun barrel (yes this is realistic but it negatively affects gameplay) like you have a clear view and clear shot from your crosshair, but in rare caes, your own player body can block the shot, or in cases like L115A3 on SecretLab, it hits the fence despite perfectly aiming over.(My suggestion is make it come from the middle of the screen but visibly come from the barrel, similar to games like CSGO/Valorant) On that topic, TPV with L115A3 sometimes at close range battle the bullet randomly goes straight up or down, it's a weird but rare bug.

Fourth is how players count as walls and how teammates can purposely or accidentally block you. Since Players count as walls and you cannot shoot when looking at a wall, it is so annoying when people purposely run into your face to make you unable to shoot (this is way more abused than you might think), and how teammates block your player or your shots in many circumstances either accidentally or purposely.

Fifth is, the shield around the players "to prevent spawnkilling" literally promtes it more. Because you freeze everyone until it says go, at which point it gives them 3 seconds to aim on your head and shoot as soon as it says go and it just so happen that the shield wares off at that exact moment, and you cannot do anything but watch yourself get spawnkilled by a "spawnkill preventing feature". This also is another reason why I was so upset at the start.

Sixth is, when you kill someone when they heal, they're dead, but shown as alive and the round doesn't end until they leave or go to spectator.

Another thing is, many players are always outclassed by people who bought really expensive hardware to get 144+FPS/Hz, while I'm still here getting 15fps on a 16/16 server, input is very stuttery and off, and this isn't just me with bad performance. People with really good PCs have the same issue.

The energy gets used up way too fast, especially with Gravity Gun, that's why I and some others (Notably Castiel) suggested bringing ammo back too.

The chat spam filter of 30 seconds is pretty extreme, especially because you often get limited for 30 seconds and by limited characters, when you're having a friendly, non-insultive conversation.

Mines are set off from below. However most players like this bug (I assume it's a bug)

The breakable objects, and the tunnels on SecretLab should have an option to enable or disable them. The brekable objects are pretty annoying, and tunnels camping is too.

The screen stays red after taking damage, it seems to be a bug from the latest update.

I took some time to ask and poke around to find some extra things to include whether I agree with them or not.
    The bug where you deal damage to someone such as 101, and you die but they don't (but this is a ping issue). Randomly dying and getting a "Glitching detected" (This is a bug on poorly designed maps aka it's the mappers fault and is a bug when you're in places you'e not supposed to be). "Could the region selection saved permanently ?" I agree with this, it's an odd little annoying bug, "Also the map selection and map duration reset every time." IMO this is more of a yes-no thing, Yes it's annoying but no it's negligible.

Some suggestions I agree to, Additional items must be decreased from 3 to 2 and Seeing through walls in 3rd person view when facing your back towards the wall. -Kalamar, Gravity Gun ammo be brought back -Castiel, "I think a small toggleable option through which we need to hold down right-click to scope will be nice." -KILLERCOMBAT, Buff explosives and heavy weapons (RPG) and Knife damage must be decreased for head -Kalamar, However I suggest that knife range gets decreased a lot, the speed at which the player can stab is decreased, and that knife only deals ~90 damage to body and limbs and 101 head.

Great summary. Some of the described issues are indeed bugs and will be fixed, suggestions about making the weapons more balanced will be considered. Also, one thing I wouldn't say is a bug is firing a weapon from behind the fence. In first-person view, the weapon never intersects with objects, so it may appear like it's above, but when switching to a TPS view the weapon would appear intersecting with the obstacle, if the firing was done from the middle of the screen, for others it would appear as if the player is firing through the fence, but I will check how CS:GO/Valorant do it, maybe they have some clever solutions.

Here's a video showing how it is in CSGO (Credids to xKurzy for making this video possible) https://youtu.be/JW4JZJ8JovY
    As you can see in the 2nd one, the position of the gun does not affect the position the bullet comes from, unlike Warmerise where if you have a clear crosshair view but your gun is just slightly behind the wall, it will hit the wall.

Some things I forgot to mention earlier are, Humvee abuse is really bad in any map that has them, you have players just endlessly driving around, and stealing or getting new ones for the only purpose of ramming players. The same goes for Jets, sure you can shoot the Humvee or Jet. But it does not help that the Jet of Humvee explodes AFTER you've died 10 times or more.

Ladders are pretty bugged, if you Grav into them, youll get stuck and cannot go up or down, and sometimes when trying to get off ladders, you get stuck too and cannot get away from the ladder.

Shield is pretty abusable too, as you can pull it up before someone shoots, and pull out your gun and shoot them while they're on cooldown or reloading. Or it can be used to cover ALL damage, while you put it down for 1 second, spam additionals and pull the shield up during Additionals spam. Yes you can shoot their feet, but it's quirky when you're able to shoot between their legs, and needing to aim on a thin leg in a very short amount of time.

One last thing I wanna mention is bullet speed, it's not bugged or unbalanced, rather just quirky. When players travel in certain angles, it makes it difficult to determine their speed and how far ahead you have to aim, in many cases you have the aim to bullet speed offset correct, but miss due to them travelling in an angle that's difficult to make out. Can there be a increase to bullet speed or do you have any other idea for this issue? It also plays a role with the Humvee and Jet issue mentioned above, you just cannot consistently damage them because of bullet speed being pretty slow compared to a high speed vehicle. 

This post was edited by Eve at October 12, 2022 4:30 AM PDT
    • 507 posts
    October 12, 2022 4:26 AM PDT

Eve said:

chronospectrum said:

Yoh said: @Max I would like to talk about the HP bug ... When player dies even after taking hp kit it is actually annoying. Hope u can fix it . Here is the bug from player perspective https://youtu.be/CRdjJys9fnc Time - 8:01

Anyway, looks like HP kit takes a second to apply, like it has to talk to the server before it registers. It's possible that the other player killed Axiira on their screen before the HP kit had been purchased? They each have 200+ ping which is almost half a second of combined delay...

This is a bug I've mentioned in my reply to Max earlier, it's pretty easy to replicate.

Are you sure? Your reply says:

Eve said:

Sixth is, when you kill someone when they heal, they're dead, but shown as alive and the round doesn't end until they leave or go to spectator.

But axiira never leaves their team throughout the match, before or after the heal attempt. I belive that your original bug is happening (and it makes sense that they are connected), but I think what Lion is describing is different. I'm only clarifying because I've never seen this bug and I've been trying to recreate it for a few hours now.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    October 12, 2022 4:38 AM PDT

chronospectrum said:

Eve said:

chronospectrum said:

Are you sure? Your reply says:

Eve said:

But axiira never leaves their team throughout the match, before or after the heal attempt. I belive that your original bug is happening (and it makes sense that they are connected), but I think what Lion is describing is different. I'm only clarifying because I've never seen this bug and I've been trying to recreate it for a few hours now.

Oh I see it now, this has happened to me many times where I healed but died anyway. 

• 2098 posts
    October 12, 2022 5:31 AM PDT
    Yeah same what happens is that you heal but you still die. On the scoreboard it still shows that you’re alive even though you’re not, which means you either have to leave the server or join spectator mode to get the round to end.
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    October 12, 2022 5:42 AM PDT

Castiel said: Yeah same what happens is that you heal but you still die. On the scoreboard it still shows that you’re alive even though you’re not, which means you either have to leave the server or join spectator mode to get the round to end.

It's practiaclly the same bug I mentioned but it's different due to game modes. If this were Elimination. Axiira would have been shown as alive, but would have been dead. In TDM it's different because you respawn anyway.

• 2098 posts
    October 12, 2022 5:44 AM PDT
    Ya you just lose the coins. I found that it only saves that if I’m killed by someone with more than 200 ping, or I have over 200 ping.
    • 954 posts
    October 12, 2022 6:42 AM PDT

hey guys, great conversation that we are having. I feel like there is a feeling that this game is a little weird and I can't explain it. maybe its becuase of the gameplay? maybe the animations needs to be fixed? idk but I do want more guns that make this game more futuristic to give it this sci-fi vibe. also can you somehow prevent hopping around tryhards without effect the game grandly. I just feel like people like airwolf, that has everything in the game and most likely grinds 50k per week, is just too much for fair gameplay. when tryhards get into the match it isn't fun anymore and I keep on trying with the stuff I have (i use another account that has all the blast stuff and the brass knuckles), but i only grind (when Im fully into it, and its melee mode only) I get around 200-450 XP. and tryhards get like 700. ive seen it before. this game itself needs to be less abuseful and more like actual tatics being played, not just spawing in the game and getting spawn camped by people who don't even ,need ****. I say (NOT TO BE A COMMUNIST HERE), everyone should atleast have something in their inventory, but overpowered, but just something to start out. or we could just lower the expenses for the stuff,, becuase think about it, 1750 kills right? you could only buy the blast gernade without buying anything else. thats a little garbage in my opinoin. or we could all start with some amount of **** like 10k? or just add new cheap weapons. also i find bugs everywhere, like the delay of damage causing you to knife someone, then someone knifes them again and they get the XP. also, when I stab someone, they kill me first and it says "101 damage to player" and I die and dont get the XP. please make the guns cheaper. or, someone suggested this: add a daily award and add acheivments to the game that gives you ****, maybe like 1k. also, un registered players should have more stuff in a match, maybe more free weapons? 

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    October 12, 2022 11:06 AM PDT

UMP and L115A3 are heavily underrated, as valid as your points are, you're overlooking a lot of things. As for 101 damage and you die, that's because of ping, play in a region where you get less ping. Please dear god never give unregis a fkn RPG.

• 2098 posts
    October 12, 2022 11:08 AM PDT
    I actually use UMP and L11 the most.
    • 954 posts
    October 12, 2022 4:34 PM PDT

Im just waiting until max sees my post about this and I want to know what he says

• 954 posts
    October 12, 2022 5:18 PM PDT

also, i don't like this un balanced system. pros (top 100) goes to tournements to gain EVEN MORE ****, when they already have stuff. I say players that have everything can't gain **** anymore. becuase these tryhards are way to rich for us (me and other poor users). we can't fight back against these people with our garbage stuff. we need stuff to fight back and actually have a fair and fun match

• 998 posts
    October 12, 2022 5:47 PM PDT
    The reward system is something I talked about in the past and it's currently in the works. I'm not going to give much details for now, but stay tuned for the next update.
    • 954 posts
    October 12, 2022 6:14 PM PDT

ok. hopefully you will make this "issue" balanced.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    October 13, 2022 11:33 AM PDT

Spacetrooper said:

also, i don't like this un balanced system. pros (top 100) goes to tournements to gain EVEN MORE ****, when they already have stuff. I say players that have everything can't gain **** anymore. becuase these tryhards are way to rich for us (me and other poor users). we can't fight back against these people with our garbage stuff. we need stuff to fight back and actually have a fair and fun match

Actually you can, there exists a 60 ping unreg that completely sh*ts on 99% of the top 100 players lol.

• 2098 posts
    October 13, 2022 11:39 AM PDT
    Yeah most of the top 100 players play cheap but that doesn’t mean you can’t either.
    • 116 posts
    October 13, 2022 12:43 PM PDT

For me the main problem is about the delay because sometime you are hiding behind a wall after seeing a player using an automatic weapon  (for example) but you keep receiving damages 

• 116 posts
    October 13, 2022 12:44 PM PDT

And this wasn't or less happening before (like in 2019)

• 509 posts
    October 13, 2022 12:50 PM PDT

Xiiros said:

For me the main problem is about the delay because sometime you are hiding behind a wall after seeing a player using an automatic weapon  (for example) but you keep receiving damages 

That's because Player movements are delayed.
    For Example if you move on your own screen, your character's movement for other player's screen moves 1 second late.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at October 13, 2022 12:51 PM PDT
    • 116 posts
    October 13, 2022 12:55 PM PDT

That's because Player movements are delayed.

For Example if you move on your own screen, your character's movement for other player's screen moves 1 second late.

I know but it happens only in this game if you look at cod or any other game it doesnt happen (i think it's because players are from only 1 region in other games). it always happened but before it wasn't as hardcore as today

• 509 posts
    October 13, 2022 1:39 PM PDT

even in another browser games, it doesn't happen

• 116 posts
    October 13, 2022 3:23 PM PDT

yeah that's the point

• 116 posts
    October 13, 2022 3:34 PM PDT

https://warmerise.com/videos/152731/4674/warmerise-gameplay-sorry-for-the-music for example it wasnt happening back there in 2020 (dont pay attention to the sht gameplay)

• 954 posts
    October 13, 2022 5:08 PM PDT

oh guys have you seen my post in the 1.7.1? please fix that bug

• 2098 posts
    October 14, 2022 4:53 AM PDT
    Xiiros said:

https://warmerise.com/videos/152731/4674/warmerise-gameplay-sorry-for-the-music for example it wasnt happening back there in 2020 (dont pay attention to the sht gameplay)

I think it depends on what people’s pings are.