Forums » Custom Maps

PIKA MAX _ THIS LIGHTMAP BACKING MAKES THINGS WORSE

• 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 4:19 AM PST

I attempted to bake the lightmap . Set tons of light probes . And results are awful . And file size nearly tripled . 

See previous post about this map "Amaranth Island". 

Max you should consider making exceptions and put on map requirement list this :

" If a map is highly detailed designer's quality then realtime lightening could be used and will be examined by Pika Max "

• 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 4:23 AM PST

• 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 7:22 AM PST

TEXTURES I USED FOR THE MAP ARE LEGALLY PURCHASED . SOME FROM BLENDER EVO PBR ADDON AND SOME FROM https://www.poliigon.com/ LIKE THAT SQUARE PLAYGROUND FLOOR PATTERN WHERE THE PROP CARS PARKED . . . 

• 93 posts
    November 13, 2022 7:27 AM PST

Is the ground a standard Unity terrain? If yes, that will likely be the issue!

You could try playing with the "Scale In Lightmap" and "Lightmap Parameters" fields.

- https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/terrain-OtherSettings.html

This post was edited by DeadArt at November 13, 2022 7:31 AM PST
    • 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 7:32 AM PST

• 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 7:35 AM PST

GROUND IS FROM LANSCAPE GENERATOR FROM BLENDER . . . AND TREES ALSO FROM TREE GENERATOR IN BLENDER . . . 

• 998 posts
    November 13, 2022 11:53 AM PST

Select every model used in the scene and check "Generate Lightmap UVs" for each of them in the Inspector View, then re-bake the lightmap.

Edit: The map size seem a bit too large, how much did lightmaps add to that? You might want to change the lightmap resolution to 512 and also change every texture resolution to 512 or 1024.

This post was edited by Admin at November 13, 2022 12:18 PM PST
    • 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 12:19 PM PST

IT WAS ABOUT 9000KB BUT TRIPLED . I COMPRESSED THE TEXTURES USING ONLINE COMPRESSOR BUT I THINK UNITY GOT SOMETHING BUILT IN . I DID NOT FIND THIS " GENERATE LIGHTMAP UVs " CHECKMARK ANYWHERE AND I AM NOT NEW TO UNITY . PERHAPS IT IS DIFFERENT VERSION OR MAYBE MY MODELS ARE NOT SET AS MODELS BUT JUST OBJECTS . . .  

This post was edited by antonnovik at November 13, 2022 12:19 PM PST
    • 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 12:21 PM PST

FOR AS LONG AS I REMEMBER ( ABOUT 1.8 YEARS ) LOOKS LIKE NOBODY HAD ISSUES IN WARMERISE IF MAP IS NOT BAKED SO PERHAPS YOU SHOULD CREATE PIKA EXCEPTION _ AND I THINK WITH REALTIME LIGHTS EVERYTHING CAN SHIMMER AND BE PEARLY TOO . . .

• 93 posts
    November 13, 2022 12:44 PM PST

The "problem" is that lightmaps are simply textures that are laid over your scene after baking. You could try compressing them, but there will be a time when they're simply going to be big (and thus bloating up the final map file).

What helps is optimization: Evaluate every single model in your scene and set its "Scale in Lightmap" to an appropriate number (e.g. 0.5 instead of the default 1). This may result in a fewer baked lightmaps. Same with decreasing the overall Lightmap Resolution until there's a noticable worsening of quality.

The following guide is meant for mobile games, but is also still helpful and relevant for Warmerise:

- https://developer.android.com/games/optimize/lighting-for-mobile-games-with-unity#optimize-lightmaps

This post was edited by DeadArt at November 13, 2022 12:47 PM PST
    • 373 posts
    November 13, 2022 3:47 PM PST

PERHAPS MAX THE PIKA WANTS HIS GAME TO BE TINY WHINY MOBILE TINY FOREVER AND EVER GAME THING _ _ THINKING LIKE PIKA MAKES EVERYTHING PICKCHUWY TINEY _ _ WARMERISE CAN BECOME HIGH QUALITY BROWSER GAME BECAUSE NOW NEW BASIC COMPUTERS CAN TOTALLY RUN IT AND LESS FORTUNATE COUNTRIES SOON ALL WILL HAVE FASTER INTERNET AND BETTER COMPUTERS _ _ PIKA MAX WANTS TO OPTIMIZE EVERYTHING AS A HABIT OF PROGRAMMERS WHEN IN REALITY THE DEGITAL WORLD IS GROWING AND HE SHOULD COUNT ON CREATING ENDLESS MAPS AND HELPING USERS AND MAYBE TELLING THEM WHAT AI CAN HELP CREATING 3D AND GIVE MORE TUTORIALS TO BUILD A LIBRARY OF 3000 MAPS AND EVENTUALLY CREATE BETTER WM SOLDIER MODEL THAT I AM SURE HE HAS . . . WEAPONS CAN BE ENDLESS TOO . . . BUT MAYBE PIKAS JUST SING PROGRAMMING SONGS ALL DAY . . . 

• 652 posts
    November 14, 2022 12:11 AM PST

maybe your grand bullshlt attitude is the reason your maps are getting downvoted so badly that you shlt your pants

• 250 posts
    November 14, 2022 6:38 AM PST

tbh, I don't think your posts always have to be on all-caps and bold letters and such big font. Map looks promising tho

• 954 posts
    November 14, 2022 6:49 AM PST

map looks great but can you please calm down with your CAPS ON spam? it's being annoying

• 373 posts
    November 14, 2022 2:18 PM PST

https://youtu.be/A7I1-HK7i_Q

Max suppose to accept this map with realtime lightening since baking lightmaps increase it's size. 

Max does everything to not grow this game.

Max could have created a page on this site where he would consult a lawyer and post a submission system for users to share their own models to be used by any warmerise user on their maps . . . 

• 954 posts
    November 14, 2022 4:33 PM PST

can you quit blaming everything on max? your like "MAX YOU MAKE THE GAME BAD. MAX THIS MAX THAT" just calm down, he is making a weapon rn. i think. the poll promotes my claim anway

• 373 posts
    November 14, 2022 4:54 PM PST

Max is going to learn how to make decisions about this game or game will die. The only way to keep this game somehow popular is to have endless list of custom maps and Max not helping this process. He could contract someone to create basic set of custom 3D models and properly offer the for download and he could increase max map size to 20 Mb and add a feature to the Map Select Menu to arrange by map size and add a note that smaller map size usually works better on low end computers . And with proper law agreement he could let others upload the models they want to be used for maps . Max suppose to accept all maps manually with no particular rules as long the map works and maybe put Larger Maps with Realtime Lightening into a separate list for those who can run them and play without lag . 

• 2098 posts
    November 14, 2022 5:40 PM PST
    So the games bad because you’re maps aren’t getting published?
    • 954 posts
    November 14, 2022 6:14 PM PST

seems like it castiel. im not complaining about map making because I don't even know how to make maps. this game needs more official maps made by Max himself. it's more professional and cool, not weird and plain-colored ones

• 954 posts
    November 14, 2022 6:19 PM PST

and dude. we technicly don't need billions of custom maps. so quit ranting about this "if this game is dying, we need to create millions of custom maps to make this game thrive again" thing. its better if Max makes more official maps because, first, its more professional, second, its better to say in the discription "bunch of maps!" and show official maps, and not "bunch of custom maps!" and show bunch of poorly made custom maps. now who agrees with my statment?

• 998 posts
    November 14, 2022 7:02 PM PST

@antonnovik In your previous posts you talked a lot about how technology is evolving, but can you really assess how advanced modern technology really is? I feel like you're overestimating it a bit. Name one thing that made you think "Yes we are progressing as humanity" in the past decade. From the start I've noticed your way of thinking, is really unusual, are you aware of that? It's like you can come up with the most genius idea ever, or you can be a "rain man" of this generation, just have to find your talent.

This post was edited by Admin at November 14, 2022 7:09 PM PST
    • 2098 posts
    November 14, 2022 7:47 PM PST
    Savage
    • 954 posts
    November 14, 2022 8:14 PM PST

i think hes right. he is being a little weird about this. this disaproving map thing isn't the end of the game. if it is shot down it must be bad. think about how much annoying and bad custom maps were to be added? there are already too much, and if everyone is making a map, it will be overwelming.

• 652 posts
    November 15, 2022 12:37 AM PST

damn bro thats a huge chaos situation. a gigantic asteroid from the belt is going to hit earth if anto doesnt get his maps published

• 2098 posts
    November 15, 2022 7:06 AM PST
    This is some real NPC kind of behaviour