Forums » General

Plz bring back TheIsland2016 and Snow War

• 21 posts
    November 17, 2022 11:27 AM PST

When there are so many crappy maps out, why take out the two best ones? Please bring back TheIsland2016 and SnowWar. We were promised an update of theisland but never got it, and why you cancelled snow war I have no Idea. Now there's a bunch of cheesy sniper maps  and the ones with all the makeup. 

• 2098 posts
    November 17, 2022 12:23 PM PST
    This has to be some kind of joke
    • 460 posts
    November 17, 2022 4:56 PM PST

Looks very serious to me.

• 93 posts
    November 17, 2022 5:13 PM PST

Max wasn't the creator of these maps. i3slkiller was and he made it pretty clear why he removed them:

- https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/631/i3slkiller-s-maps/view/post_id/40229

The new island map might be coming soon (source).

• 41 posts
    November 17, 2022 6:23 PM PST

I honestly don't get why TheIsland2016 is a loved map. I personally hate how spread out the map and resupply points are, and how the map promotes you getting two headshots and teleproting to the enemy spawn to camp the ever living hell out of them. Snow War was fine though. 

• 954 posts
    November 17, 2022 9:25 PM PST

snow war had too much sweats and spawn campers and theisland had way too many snipers spawn camping bases on hills. so i get why they are removed. but now all i see are garbage sniping maps, which i don't get that much XP from. the snow war gave me 300 (minumim) on melee mode. so im pretty upset

• 652 posts
    November 17, 2022 10:42 PM PST

people use that map for exploiting stats and xp farm lol. theisland is too big and boring, trust me in that map you have 10 minutes wasted just for 3 kills

• 21 posts
    November 18, 2022 9:31 AM PST

You can call it XP farming but it is a good, fast paced map for when you might not have much time to play, like if you're at school or have something to do. You shouldn't have to fork over cash to have a good time, honestly I would if I had a credit card, but that's sketchy over the internet anyway. Some people like certain maps and some don't, I think they should leave them as they are, at least keep theisland 2016 until the new one comes. And if you're worried about xp farming I would just cut it out because snow war is just downright fun.

• 21 posts
    November 18, 2022 9:33 AM PST

And they keep theisland3 2021??? What a crap map!!

• 41 posts
    November 18, 2022 5:38 PM PST

theisland 3 is the one of the better maps. Big, but not big enough where it's a chore to travel across. Plus, there are a lot more ways to fight on that map than on the 2016 map. 

• 652 posts
    November 18, 2022 8:55 PM PST

anyway island maps are bad. also @pbvn snow war is very poor designed, theres nowhere to avoid chaos everywhere you go everywhere you stay you will die within 10 seconds lol

• 250 posts
    November 28, 2022 7:52 PM PST

TheIsland IV, based on i3skiller's forum, will have added a building on both bases. based on my theory, this is added to discourage snipers who spawn camp (unfortunetly I'm also guilty of this xd) Before bcz of spawn campers, players (especially who don't use snipers) have almost no way of killing the camper bcz they always hide behind the hill. Most players never even get to their tower base or move 30 steps before the get sniped outta nowhere.

I only wish the TheIsland IV will be released sooner, and snow war be improved and republished.

(Basically TI IV is an improved version of TI 2016. correct me if I'm wrong though)

• 250 posts
    November 28, 2022 7:54 PM PST

TI 2 and TI 3 are very bad maps with poor design, in my opinion. TI 2016 is still the best of them all

• 652 posts
    November 28, 2022 11:49 PM PST

imo all of them are bad

• 954 posts
    November 29, 2022 6:51 AM PST

I think snow war was originally a melee map, but people used guns in it

• 2098 posts
    November 29, 2022 7:06 AM PST
    Originally it was created by RickyNewman pre-shutdown. And it was an all weapons map.
    • 954 posts
    November 29, 2022 4:36 PM PST

oh, didn't know that. man I wish this "shutdown" didn't happen. it seems like it killed the game, kind of like a secondary succesion (a enviroment that is destoryed by a disturbance but it is not completly dead. but in this case it is with warmerise)

• 2098 posts
    November 29, 2022 7:00 PM PST
    It happened when browsers dropped all Unity support. Most of us wished it didn’t happen but there was nothing that could’ve been done about it.
    • 954 posts
    November 29, 2022 7:03 PM PST

ouch. was this game better before the shutdown? how and why was it if it was?

• 285 posts
    December 1, 2022 3:30 AM PST
    Spacetrooper said:

ouch. was this game better before the shutdown? how and why was it if it was?

Well I personally think it wasn't that leggy... like bad ping was still anyoing but I can't remember that it was like: your ducking behind a wall and after 1 second you still die. Also there was no 3rd person. (Well for the majority of the time. It came near the end but I'm not too shure anymore) Full servers. A lot of people playing. Like 100 servers where a Normal thing. Not like now where you have times you only see 5 servers with crappy maps. There have been so many great people. The toxicity wasn't that high. Yes there where fight ofc. But i saw nououb as one of the biggest insult in the game. There where exeptions with higher and bigger insults but it wasn't like the "normal" insults oke it is now. Great clans. There where so many great clans where it wasn't like you have 3 considered pro clans that basically share all members between them. Usually 1 clan only rule or sometimes 3, highest was 5 clans max. So you really had to consider wich clan you want to join. Smooth gameplay! In general. Well bugs happend ofc. But it wasn't like your close to a person to shoot but bc of lag the other person still shoots you... I can continue so on. And fill 50 pages...
    • 250 posts
    December 1, 2022 3:46 AM PST

rip :(