Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

max, i made another "non-normal" item (gun)

• 954 posts
    November 24, 2022 6:54 PM PST

hi max, the last time you said something about my other additional designs, you technicly didn't like them, but thats OK. I apparently have "a thing" for making weird things. anyway Max, here is a weird gun I made, called "the wave launcher" which shoots a verticle wave of energy. here it is ( I made this in 10 minutes again):

• 954 posts
    November 24, 2022 6:56 PM PST

BTW this is not meant to be normal, like my throwing knife. my "spike gernade" wasn't normal also. it was sopposed to be something that was different than the other attitionals that JUST blew up and did nothing special

• 2098 posts
    November 25, 2022 7:16 PM PST

Kind of looks like a shotgun

• 954 posts
    November 25, 2022 7:39 PM PST

THANKS CASTIEL for calling it a gun. and yes the bottom part is like what you would see on a shotgun, but thats kind of like what it is. the funtions of this gun is like a shotgun, but it shoots a verticle energy wave. it's semi auto. or i mean, it could be burst.

• 609 posts
    November 25, 2022 8:03 PM PST

Spacetrooper said:

which shoots a vertical wave of energy

?

<br />
            <i>
              This post was edited by <a  href=STERBEN99 at November 25, 2022 8:04 PM PST

• 954 posts
    November 25, 2022 8:18 PM PST

yes, verticle.

• 2098 posts
    November 25, 2022 9:04 PM PST
    Lol do you know which direction the projectile would go if it were to shoot vertically?
    • 507 posts
    November 26, 2022 2:10 AM PST

Keep making models man, you've got a lot of potential.

Edit: Also spend some more time on them! 10 minutes is not enough to make them a finished piece, take more time and polish them adding more and more detail until they really stand out as exceptional

This post was edited by chronospectrum at November 26, 2022 2:12 AM PST
    • 652 posts
    November 26, 2022 3:33 AM PST

:thumbsup:

• 954 posts
    November 26, 2022 9:52 AM PST

Ok, thanks for feedback. Oh about the verticle shooting part. It's not one bullet, it's a energy wave going up to the sky and down to the ground. It's hard to explain. Hopefully max reads this topic

• 105 posts
    November 26, 2022 10:06 AM PST

maybe it could be like the gravity gun with charging up but shoots like a shotgun.

• 954 posts
    November 26, 2022 10:50 AM PST

no, A WAVE OF ENERGY. and Im thinking of having it charge up the tip then fire it. UPDATE! changes: trigger is fattened and not so sharp. extra details as you can see. changed the handle a bit. made the aimer more symentrical to the back one. other stuff. EDIT: ALSO added detail to hand grip

This post was edited by Spacetrooper at November 26, 2022 10:51 AM PST
    • 954 posts
    November 26, 2022 10:54 AM PST

AND just for fun. i made an arm cannon that has the same concept to it. here it isEDIT: this is where it shoots out of. (im thinking that it should shoot out of the back and it shoots blue energy bullets

This post was edited by Spacetrooper at November 26, 2022 10:58 AM PST
    • 954 posts
    November 26, 2022 11:44 AM PST

update on the arm cannon! looks more better XD

• 609 posts
    November 26, 2022 3:42 PM PST

Spacetrooper said:

Ok, thanks for feedback. Oh about the verticle shooting part. It's not one bullet, it's a energy wave going up to the sky and down to the ground. It's hard to explain. Hopefully max reads this topic

Oh, I think you mean the projectile goes in an arch trajectory.

Edit: double look really cool, gives me Chronics of Riddick vibes

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at November 26, 2022 3:43 PM PST
    • 954 posts
    November 26, 2022 3:53 PM PST

YES an arc. thats what i meant

• 1 posts
    November 27, 2022 5:24 AM PST

it looks cool, but wheres the barrel?

• 2098 posts
    November 27, 2022 6:22 AM PST
    Dope
    • 954 posts
    November 27, 2022 7:53 AM PST

Ahem, barrels with sci Fi guns don't exist in my mind

• 250 posts
    November 27, 2022 7:54 AM PST

u mean sci-fi guns with barrels? you can put sci-fi guns in a barrel if u wanted to lol

• 250 posts
    November 27, 2022 7:57 AM PST

if you also want it to be double akimbo might be nice. but if max won't add akimbo guns well then you can do it like your original plan. also make sure the arch of the shot spreads more than my modem spreads my wifi xd (almost all servers today have 300+ ping, have to create my own server cuz i keep disconnecting of ping bruh)

• 2098 posts
    November 27, 2022 7:58 AM PST
    It’s the basis of almost every possible projectile weapon to accelerate in a straight line, because having an object change direction isn’t great for accumulating speed and energy. There’s trebuchets and slings in real life, but I can’t imagine how the principles involved there would improve a sci-fi projectile weapon. Theoretically, a society with mind bogglingly advanced spacial-manipulation tech could have a gun barrel that doesn’t appear to be straight from the outside, but with the space inside the barrel altered so that anything passing through travelled in a straight line… sort of. Or for that matter you could have a weapon that does nothing but open a portal, through which passes the projectile of another much more powerful weapon someplace safe. Then there’s something like the gravity gun. If your weapon uses a finely controlled energy field, the field can basically replace the function a barrel would have in a firearm or railgun, or accelerate the round so quickly and accurately that a physical barrel isn’t needed.
    This post was edited by mindfreak at November 27, 2022 8:00 AM PST
    • 954 posts
    November 27, 2022 1:09 PM PST

uh... what castiel? you put way too much logic into this gun XD. this is just a model. but this weapon would be like an assault rifle or semi auto assault rail gun (im talking about the class not the function of the gun) for an advanced alien race designed for shredding apart their enemy with a high tech laser and energy based weaponry. that is what im getting at with these two weapons. EDIT: all I want to see here is max saying "might consider this" for my two weapons.

This post was edited by Spacetrooper at November 27, 2022 1:11 PM PST
    • 2098 posts
    November 27, 2022 3:28 PM PST
    I mean for a weapon to be able to be used for intended purpose. It generally should follow the rules of firearm logic even if it’s that of science fiction.
    • 954 posts
    November 27, 2022 3:49 PM PST

yes yes. i might add a barrel