Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Blast Sniper?

• 954 posts
    January 1, 2023 3:37 PM PST

I really want a Blast sniper now, but a small weapon that is a secondary. it should do 25 damage for the torso, 30 for the head, and 20 for the limbs. so the point is that you fight a lot maybe in Theisland 2022 map and you run out of ammo, then you can pull out your blast sniper, go on a hill, and snipe people. seems cool right?

• 954 posts
    January 1, 2023 3:42 PM PST

I can try modeling it. but... thats not going to end well

• 998 posts
    January 1, 2023 5:42 PM PST
    Creating the 3D model is the least difficult part (even when including the texturing process), sound design and animations are more difficult. Hence why I'm rarely impressed with just 3D models, because there are many things behind the scenes that are required to make them part of the game (excluding the maps of course).
    • 954 posts
    January 1, 2023 5:52 PM PST

well... that explains it. well thanks for the response. will you consider a blast sniper in the future? im looking forward to it

• 998 posts
    January 1, 2023 6:04 PM PST
    Might consider it for a future update. You can still try making the 3D model, but also with the texture because without it it's incomplete.
    • 954 posts
    January 1, 2023 6:29 PM PST

awsome. well im currently working on a hoverbike for this game... so its going to be stressful. I also wanted a portable hoverbike/ portables in the game since everyone steals the cars and everyone else has to walk or wait, which could take the entire round if you don't have gravity gun. i stated this in another suggestion topic

• 652 posts
    January 1, 2023 7:23 PM PST

Suggestion -

Name : Beamer

Cost : 40 000

Ammunition : 1/14

Damage : 

- Limb : 81

- Torso : 101

- Head : 101

Reload speed : About 1 to 1.5 seconds ; Reload animation : About identical style to the double-barreled shotgun called Sawed off (but this time only insert a single round)

Recoil : About 7-10.5 degrees per every shot

Bullet appearance : Quite similar to the PlasmaGun but the ray vanishes faster (within 1 second) and it is Glowing Dark Blue in colour

Bullet travel speed : Slightly faster than the PlasmaGun

Bullet spread :

- When aiming : 0.00 degrees. Meaning absolutely accurate

- Without aiming (no-scope) : Wider spread range than the L115A3 (though quickscoping works)

Extra characteristics (disadvantage) : Considering that it's a heavy sniper, it's recommended to remove the crosshair when the weapon's scope is unused. Not recommended for close quarters combat.

Max

This post was edited by flyingDonkey345 at January 1, 2023 11:28 PM PST
    • 460 posts
    January 1, 2023 8:14 PM PST

Isterio said:

Suggestion -

Damage : 

Reload speed : About 1 to 1.5 seconds ; Reload animation : About identical style to the double-barreled shotgun called Sawed off (but this time only insert a single round)

Recoil : About the same as the RPG

Bullet appearance ; Quite similar to the PlasmaGun but the ray vanishes faster (within 1 second) and it is Glowing Dark Blue in colour

Max

Had a similar idea 2 years ago.

• 2098 posts
    January 1, 2023 8:39 PM PST

Wasn't that the gun xConor had made from years ago? I vaguely remember this.

• 460 posts
    January 1, 2023 8:51 PM PST

It isn't actually.

• 954 posts
    January 1, 2023 10:17 PM PST
    I think we should keep the weapon ideas up to max. He said he might suggest a blast sniper (secondary). So just wait. We already just got a new weapon
    • 652 posts
    January 1, 2023 11:10 PM PST

I personally think that weapon is more suitable to be primary considering it's probably a heavy sniper

• 652 posts
    January 1, 2023 11:16 PM PST

LightningStorm said:

Isterio said:

Suggestion -

Damage : 

Recoil : About the same as the RPG

Bullet appearance ; Quite similar to the PlasmaGun but the ray vanishes faster (within 1 second) and it is Glowing Dark Blue in colour

Max

Had a similar idea 2 years ago.

In my opinion I prefer Beamer as a name because well, damage is as hard as a beam. Since it's PROBABLY a heavy sniper that consists of a single round per magazine, I'd suggest removing the crosshair when you're not scoping with the weapon.

• 1147 posts
    January 2, 2023 2:40 AM PST

@Max

add flashbangs when?

• 49 posts
    January 2, 2023 2:41 AM PST

I honestly don't wanna rain on the parade but please consider making sure every single current weapon is balanced before adding new ones. Weapon balancing is a tough juggling act but it's necessary.

There's not a whole lot of folks who play anything else other than the plasma and the default L115A3 for sniping. Other group is the carbine (case in point, the new topic asking to remove it), g36, vector being the holy grail of automatic guns. Everything else stops short at being a novelty weapon. Don't let the new weapons end up like the GA3A or the A12. They are not inherently bad, they are just severely outclassed by the other alternatives.

• 652 posts
    January 2, 2023 3:49 AM PST

Issue with GA3A is the damage and magazine capacity, and with A12 it just needs either less recoil or more fire rate.

• 2098 posts
    January 2, 2023 6:28 AM PST

LightningStorm said:

It isn't actually.

It is I just saw when he posted it.

• 954 posts
    January 2, 2023 11:30 AM PST

Isterio said:

I personally think that weapon is more suitable to be primary considering it's probably a heavy sniper

the blast sniper should be a light sniper. not like the railrifle. it also should be semi-automatic like the LSMG3. it is small too. so its secondary

• 954 posts
    January 6, 2023 8:06 PM PST

Max said: Might consider it for a future update. You can still try making the 3D model, but also with the texture because without it it's incomplete.
    well max, I will not make the model, since I made the back part of the gun first, then I tried to make the middle, which I kind of did, but the barrel... it turned kind of weird and innoproprate looking. so... yeah... i might think of remodeling/trying again but idk how to make the barrel. and idk how to make a short light sniper without a barrel.

• 954 posts
    January 8, 2023 1:46 PM PST

well, this is the most discusting gun model i have ever made, but this is only the concept of "the blast sniper". after I removed the barrel looking thing I wanted to make some shotgun/railgun/light sniper thing. here it is.

• 49 posts
    January 9, 2023 5:15 AM PST

Spacetrooper said:

well, this is the most discusting gun model i have ever made, but this is only the concept of "the blast sniper". after I removed the barrel looking thing I wanted to make some shotgun/railgun/light sniper thing. here it is.

If you're gonna do this, I humbly suggest using both the current sniper rifle and the rail rifle as reference then add some details on top of that to give it a unique look.

• 954 posts
    January 9, 2023 6:57 AM PST
    I want my models to be original and not based off of anything