Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

BS shots

• 7 posts
    January 10, 2023 5:30 AM PST

how can someone with plasma or sniper hit me and the wall at the same time n will get a kill

also how can they hit me thru wall 

• 652 posts
    January 10, 2023 6:03 AM PST

Because it is Warmerise

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    January 10, 2023 6:10 AM PST

They can't, you have to understand one thing. Latency or "Ping" is the culprit, Latency refers to the time it takes for a Player to send information to the Warmerise server and Recieve it back. In my case I live 12500KM away from UK and I get 260 Ping in EU servers(The EU server is located ik the UK) so 260 ping is very impressive considering it's travelling 12500KM in 0.130 seconds, and banother 12500KM back which takes another 0.130 seconds, resulting in a letency of 260. In multiplayer games it's odd because BOTH players latency adds up, if both players have 300 ping then that means that no positions line up. The pure delay means that its like 0.6 seconds behind in real time, and if they have time to shoot you ON THEIR SCREEN, when you ON YOUR SCREEN is behind a wall. You will die because they shot you when you weren't behind a wall on their end. As for shooting through walls it's not possible, you maybe got jumpshot or they hit a gap shot.

• 22 posts
    January 10, 2023 6:51 AM PST
    It’s lag
    • 285 posts
    January 10, 2023 7:26 AM PST
    Perfectkiller07 said:

how can someone with plasma or sniper hit me and the wall at the same time n will get a kill

As other explained. Lag gives delay: https://youtu.be/l4jqmQKy4rQ prime example of that. If you where behind a wall for a longer time it might be possible some parts still stick out.
    • 509 posts
    January 10, 2023 6:30 PM PST

Lion7 said:
    Perfectkiller07 said:

As other explained. Lag gives delay: https://youtu.be/l4jqmQKy4rQ prime example of that. If you where behind a wall for a longer time it might be possible some parts still stick out.
    In that video for me, you were right there where I just shot, So movements are delayed for each player.

• 359 posts
    January 11, 2023 5:28 AM PST

Lion7 said:
    Perfectkiller07 said:

your english is better than your german =)

• 375 posts
    January 11, 2023 6:41 AM PST

wink, hepy new year guyz robop beep beep 

• 359 posts
    January 11, 2023 12:36 PM PST

xKurzy said:

wink, hepy new year guyz robop beep beep 

wink i talk **** about my friend wink wink

• 375 posts
    January 12, 2023 7:40 AM PST

wink ;)

• 34 posts
    January 30, 2023 3:11 PM PST

Eve said:The pure delay means that its like 0.6 seconds behind in real time, and if they have time to shoot you ON THEIR SCREEN, when you ON YOUR SCREEN is behind a wall. You will die because they shot you when you weren't behind a wall on their end.

The part I have a problem with is that the server just takes their computer's word for it; shouldn't the server determine who got hit and who didn't? Then at least someone with 40 ping would have an advantage over someone with 350 ping who slows it down for everyone.

As it is, you can sign on to a server on another continent and kill people who have already dodged you all day.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    January 30, 2023 4:18 PM PST

And it's true. There is a pretty complex system that would balance out pings whetner it's 5 or 300+ it would play the same but hey this a browser game right. Anyway, Warmerise uses the person who made a server's computer as half of the server? It's odd, if you make a server where you get 300 ping and you shoot someone, they instantly die which is not the case where if you were to join someone else's where it would take ~0.3 seconds. Despite you having 300 ping, so players are connecting not only to the server... But also to you??????? Like I said, it's weird.