Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Allow ping limits

• 34 posts
    January 30, 2023 2:49 AM PST

The creator of a room could set an upper limit on ping. The game already kicks people for high ping, but whatever that limit is, it's higher than 350, which is a disadvantage for people with <100 ping.

There are sometimes little interruptions, I know, so maybe it shouldn't be immediate disconnection. If your ping is over the limit continuously for a certain time, disconnection. Just let the creator of the room have SOME choice in that limit.

There could also be a minimum for the limit, so people in certain areas don't just set it to 50 and play only among themselves. Maybe let the creator of the room set maximum ping between 150 and whatever the current fixed limit is, and the default could be the current limit.

Who likes getting sniped around corners?

• 1147 posts
    January 30, 2023 3:24 AM PST

Badazz said:

The creator of a room could set an upper limit on ping. The game already kicks people for high ping, but whatever that limit is, it's higher than 350, which is a disadvantage for people with <100 ping.

There are sometimes little interruptions, I know, so maybe it shouldn't be immediate disconnection. If your ping is over the limit continuously for a certain time, disconnection. Just let the creator of the room have SOME choice in that limit.

There could also be a minimum for the limit, so people in certain areas don't just set it to 50 and play only among themselves. Maybe let the creator of the room set maximum ping between 150 and whatever the current fixed limit is, and the default could be the current limit.

me

i use new sniper: usp

• 34 posts
    January 30, 2023 3:48 AM PST

Aetoyn said:

Badazz said:

me

I meant besides you.

• Eve
    • 317 posts
    January 31, 2023 4:29 PM PST

Aetoyn said:

me

I use new sniper: baiting 

• 250 posts
    February 2, 2023 12:28 AM PST
    I use new sniper: my brain
    • 285 posts
    February 2, 2023 1:34 AM PST
    Badazz said:

I also suggested this idea to max a while back. He said he will think about it. But glad I'm not the only one who suggests that. Well 150 is sometimes already to high. Like I notice that an ping of 50 and 60 is already connected to some lags. They are minor but its still anyoing if it looks like the person misses the shot and you still get hit. Some 100-150 Ping have even lag behaviour that you get shot around corners
    • 2098 posts
    February 2, 2023 5:02 AM PST
    This feature is in other games. I’ve always said 200 ping should be the kick limit.
  • February 2, 2023 12:27 PM PST

Castiel said: This feature is in other games. I’ve always said 200 ping should be the kick limit.

wow and u have ping 199 

• 1147 posts
    February 2, 2023 12:46 PM PST

xLevi said:

Castiel said: This feature is in other games. I’ve always said 200 ping should be the kick limit.

wow and u have ping 199 

^

• 2098 posts
    February 2, 2023 1:16 PM PST
    I consistently get 130-150 in other regions that are not my own.