Forums » News & Announcements

Warmerise Patreon

• 998 posts
    May 22, 2023 1:03 PM PDT

The Warmerise Patreon page is live!

For those who don't know what Patreon is:

Patreon is a membership platform that provides tools to run a subscription service. It helps creators (developers in this case) earn monthly value by providing rewards and perks to their subscribers. 

I wrote a post there called "Welcome To The Turning Point", anyone can read it.

https://www.patreon.com/Warmerise

Subscribers are most likely not charged right away, but on the first day of each month, therefore the benefits won't kick in until that time.

I'm probably going to run the Patreon page as it is until the point where it's no longer needed (probably until a few months after the mobile version is released), then the tiers will be reduced to just the first 3 or will be modified to the lower values. You also don't have to keep the subscription for the whole duration if you don't want or unable to, you can cancel after one month, or after however many months you want.

This post was edited by Admin at May 22, 2023 1:43 PM PDT
    • 480 posts
    May 22, 2023 1:57 PM PDT
    Thanks, Max!
    • 954 posts
    May 22, 2023 3:44 PM PDT
    What does this mean max? EDIT: alright this seems cool. This should help the game a lot!
    This post was edited by Spacetrooper at May 22, 2023 3:54 PM PDT
    • 2097 posts
    May 22, 2023 4:06 PM PDT
    Who the hell is paying $500 a month for this game. I pay less than taxes per month than that.
    • 954 posts
    May 22, 2023 4:10 PM PDT
    Well he needs money, and yes I agree. Maybe drop it down to 200. But you do you Max.
    • 56 posts
    May 22, 2023 5:25 PM PDT

This is super cool! :D

• 480 posts
    May 22, 2023 5:45 PM PDT
    He literally said you can subscribe for 1 month and then cancel your subscription, or if you’d like to subscribe until he removes patreon that’s your choice. I swear people find the negative in everything.
    • 507 posts
    May 22, 2023 5:52 PM PDT

I'll be supporting. The $500 is unrealistic, but the last paragraph of the OP clarifies that it's unlikely to stay that high. Not that it'll stop people from reacting first and reading second /shrug.

Edit

Right, so feedback:
    1) Pricing is a bit of a non-starter, and that's coming from a whale like myself. The floor of $10 is going to be too high, and its above average for most creators. Remember the audience of the game doesn't have a ton of disposable income. Yes a $1 membership feels like a drop in the bucket, but ask yourself how many ad views that correlates to. I'd suggest a tier structure of 1> 5> 15> 50> 150, keeping the rewards in each tier the same. Granted, I've never run my own Patreon, but these are pretty standard price tiers on the creators that I support.

2) Patrons should be recognized on the site at least, and probably in-game too, especially at the $5 tiers and above. People like to see their little badge, it means a lot and makes the support feel more tangible. Separate badges of increasing coolness would be a good way to keep tier 4 more exclusive. You've got tier 1 getting access to private posts, but it's not clear what those are going to be. Early tests are tier 2 and devlogs are tier 3. It's a little unclear what tier 1 is actually getting, and a little bronze sticker on their profile would at least be something. Open to change on this one if you've got a vision for what content will be in tier 1.

3) The branding is, frankly, uninspired. You've got a whole community of content to draw from! Take advantage of the unique personality the game has. What other shooter has the gravity gun? The plasma gun is iconic! Sky went from a quirky competitive server to an absolutely ubiquitous name known even by people who never got to see the original server. Get those boring marine rank icons out of here and leverage the game itself for your tiers. Hows this for your tiers: Soldier (UMP)> Grenadier (MiniG/RPG)> Marksman (L15A3/Rail)> Sky Trooper(Gravity/Revolver) > Legend(PlasmaGun). With each tier using an image of the weapon, or a player holding that weapon. Also that trailer should definitely get replaced, but I understand that's a WIP.

I really hope this comes off as constructive feedback, rather than a list of complaints. I really do want to see the patreon (and the game ofc) succeed and grow.

This post was edited by chronospectrum at May 23, 2023 2:13 AM PDT
    • 25 posts
    May 23, 2023 1:59 AM PDT
    Thank you very much @Max
    • 105 posts
    May 23, 2023 7:05 AM PDT

Max said:

(probably until a few months after the mobile version is released), 

Isn't the mobile version already realeased?

• 954 posts
    May 23, 2023 7:06 AM PDT
    He is talking about an actual download able game (I think)
    • 105 posts
    May 23, 2023 7:07 AM PDT

Spacetrooper said: He is talking about an actual download able game (I think)

Nice. 

• 105 posts
    May 23, 2023 7:52 AM PDT

Also Max, nice job on the pateron.

• 56 posts
    May 23, 2023 10:30 AM PDT

Will it be on the Playstore and Apple Store?

• 998 posts
    May 23, 2023 10:38 AM PDT
    @chronospectrum Feedback noted. I didn't have time to really work on the Patreon page, but I will be making a few adjustments. For example every tier will receive profile badges, improved tier images, etc.
    @THEVETERAN The game will be released on Google Play, once it's established there, it'll get released on the App Store.
    • 954 posts
    May 23, 2023 11:43 AM PDT
    Cool!
    • 105 posts
    May 23, 2023 11:50 AM PDT

Max said: @THEVETERAN The game will be released on Google Play, once it's established there, it'll get released on the App Store.

Let's go.

• 954 posts
    May 23, 2023 3:41 PM PDT
    @max, maybe you can some Daily Cash if you get any one of the subscriptions. Maybe 500 Daily Cash. This can bribe people into buying a subscription. But then it will kind of be a pay to win though, since in a week you will have 4k without doing anything (correct my math if I’m wrong). But Max do you have a date for when it will be released on App Store?
    • 998 posts
    May 24, 2023 2:06 AM PDT
    @Spacetrooper That's a great idea, there are many things that can be added as rewards for each tier, but all of it has to be programmed and I'll only be able to start programming next week, hopefully (I'm still figuring out the housing situation).
    • 105 posts
    May 24, 2023 6:46 AM PDT

I found the Warmerise youtube channel. Maybe if you keep posting on that regularly it can bring more people to the game. Also, I would like to help by supporting the Pateron but I can't. Sorry.

• 7 posts
    May 24, 2023 7:23 AM PDT

Lvl 6 suggestion

| - 200$ - |

As a Level 6 supporter, aside from all the benefits of the tiers above, you'll get a 15.000 in-game cash every 14 days. And access to the animated skins feature, and animated profile pictures. @Max

• 507 posts
    May 24, 2023 8:08 AM PDT

SyIvanasWR said:

Lvl 6 suggestion

And access to the animated skins feature, and animated profile pictures. @Max

Would that break the user capes?

• 954 posts
    May 24, 2023 10:33 AM PDT
    It would break both weapon skins and capes. It could worsen the performance by a lot, especially because the skins are removed when you die
    • 458 posts
    May 24, 2023 10:54 AM PDT

• 115 posts
    May 24, 2023 12:49 PM PDT

xChapo said:

i prefer to sub to robertos mom's OF 

@xChapo come subscribe mine

$10 / month: level 1 modification: i will silence you in forums (it can be for free too)
    $25 / month: level 2 modification: i'll 1v1 you (you will no accept i know)
    $50 / month: level 3 exclusive: i will give you aimboat, only if you fight me on purpose like you're on shar