Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

A functional summary of the Warmerise Metagame.

• 522 posts
    July 10, 2024 6:34 PM PDT

Before we get into this, please write your thoughts on what guns are good or bad as a response to this thread. A wider range of opinions will help show where the community agrees and disagrees on specific weapons. For my part, I’m making suggestions to improve the weapon diversity of the game. If each weapon feels interesting to use, it’ll encourage more varied playstyles which are sorely lacking in the game currently.

I’ll be breaking the list of weapons into one of four groups: 

Superior: Objectively better than other options, may or may not need a statistic tweak to bring it back in line with other options.

Good: Ideal balance. Fills a niche, or is competitive with most other options in general scenarios.

Bad: Objectively worse than other options, but fundamentally acceptable. Could be fixed with a statistic tweak to fix an issue or bring it in line with other weapons.

Pathetic: Reserved for weapons that cannot compete with others because of a fundamental design flaw. These cannot be fixed with statistic changes. This category also includes weapons that would need to be reworked to do something more interesting. 

Primary weapons

UMP-40: Good. Outclassed by other weapons in either damage or fire rate, but rarely both at once. Solid and forgiving for beginners.

L115A3: Good. Damage numbers are spot on, reload times punish left-click-spam. The only potential tweak I can see is to increase the hipfire accuracy cone, but if that stays as-is, it’s still really good.

STG-12: Bad. Pellets just don’t do enough damage. It fires a spread of 8, which means 88 damage if all of them hit the torso. A point-blank torso hit from a shotgun that doesn’t get a kill feels really bad. Either increase pellet count to 10 OR buff the damage to torso (to 13) and limbs (to 11). Headshot damage is fine.

Mini-G: Bad. It doesn’t fill any niche, and the speed penalties to movement and charge-up stop it from competing with most standard assault rifles. The DPS is REALLY good and it can be accurate at a decent range… but so are the G36 and Carbine. Its only real use is as an anti-vehicle suppressor, which it can’t excel at because Vehicles have enormous HP pools.  Because the MiniG doesn’t have a clear purpose, it’s hard to fix. I’d give it more ammo as a start, another full reload at least.

Blast Shotgun: Pathetic. Its the STG-12 that does 1 more damage across the board. This is not an exciting weapon. As the only other shotgun, it should do something to set it apart. This weapon will require a rework to make it interesting. What about ricocheting bullets? What about a lower-damage, full automatic shotgun? What if aimed shots fired a mini-grenade? Literally anything to make this weapon different.

BlastGun: Bad, but not by much. Blistering fire rate and decent damage make for a fun close-quarters SMG weapon, but the problem is that the reload takes ages. Only the MiniG and Flamethrower have longer reloads. Shorten that reload to bring it back into competition with other weapons.

GA3A: Good. There’s not much to say here regarding stats, but I do wish that it were more interesting than just another rifle.

Carbine: Superior. A guaranteed 5 hit kill with unparalleled suppression ability. This is as close to a signature weapon that warmerise has, but it definitely needs a nerf somewhere. I’d reduce the ammo capacity, both per-magazine and total. Changing the damage feels… disrespectful somehow.

G36: Superior. Its a lot of DPS, and the rapid fire rate keeps enemies unable to aim if you reliably hit shots. A longer reload might be in order to allow opponents an opportunity to retaliate from the barrage.

LSMG3: Bad, but not by a lot. The recoil is a bit high and it could use one or two extra magazines, but it feels quite good to use.

Plasma Gun: Good. Do not adjust this weapon. Ever.

VectorX: Superior. This is another weapon that doesn’t really have a niche to fit into, but the rapid fire rate and above-average damage make for a deceptively powerful weapon. Reducing the damage by 1 across all body parts, combined with a drastic increase in recoil could work. Again, this is one of those cases where it’s hard to decide how to adjust a weapon if there’s no objective role for it to fill.

A12: Good. It hits hard, but fires unwieldy recoil. I’m annoyed that it’s based on the AA-12 automatic shotgun, but is actually just a regular full-auto rifle.

Flamethrower: PATHETIC. If no other weapon gets buffed, it should be this one. Damage, fire rate, projectile range, pretty much anything that you can think of that can be improved, SHOULD be improved. 

Railrifle: Good. Once upon a time, this weapon was a one-shot torso kill. That was definitely too strong, but at least it did something distinct from the L115A3. The two have almost identical damage profiles, so there’s little reason to ever buy this weapon. Additionally, the damage profile for the rifle leads to a 1, 2 or 3 hit kill depending on what you hit. That inconsistency is actually really annoying and puts me off recommending it for the high cost. One thing I’ve suggested in the past is to keep the damage the same and make the bullets hitscan instead of projectiles. That would allow it to be used the same as it is currently, but also create a niche for it to live in that no other weapon quite excels at.

Secondary weapons:

USP: Pathetic. It’s accurate, I suppose, but the damage and ammo capacity per magazine are just nonviable. 

Pulse Pistol: Pathetic. Functionally identical to USP

Plasma Pistol: Bad. This is probably what the stock USP should feel like.

Revolver: Good. Being able to reliably 3-shot an enemy with a pistol is incredible. It’s the first thing I recommend to new players to replace the USP since it's such a drastic upgrade for relatively low cost.

CPW: Good. A pocket blastgun, no complaints here.

RPG: Pathetic, but not because of damage. Its sole function in the meta is to chip small to moderate amounts of damage from relatively safe positions. Aim for the feet, then retreat. For most players, its extremely frustrating to fight because once you eliminate a player who has exhausted their RPG ammo, they just respawn with 3 more rockets! To rework this weapon and create a niche for it to fill, I would cut the explosive damage in half (or maybe even lower), but increase the direct-hit damage to some 500 or something absurd like that. This positions it as the games best anti-vehicle option without completely removing the explosive area of effect. We have grenades for area denial and crowd control, the RPG should do something else.

Gravity Gun: Superior. This “weapon” is a symptom of a bigger issue in Warmerise: Mobility. There are two tools that increase movement speed, Nanocompressors (10% move speed) and the Gravgun, which allows for extremely rapid repositioning both horizontally and vertically. The Grav is a force multiplier for literally any other weapon in the game. There just isn’t any other mobility enhancement tool, which makes this absolutely ESSENTIAL for competitive or casual play. There needs to be other options for movement in the game.

WarriorBow: Good. No complaints here, it’s a niche weapon that has defined strengths and weaknesses.

PlasmaGrenades: Good. Absolutely great options for a starting loadout, other options are available but these remain relevant to those who know where to throw them.

Trapmines: Good, though I think being able to drop them anywhere instantly is a little frustrating to fight against. I’ve suggested in the past that these should take a small time (300-400 ms or so) to deploy where you are unable to move. This would make users think a little harder about where to place them tactically instead of dropping them while standing right next to an enemy.

M67: Good. Many people will say they’re OP, but frankly I think they’re just more commonly used because they’re more fun. Reducing the damage to the high 50’s (for reference, the Plasma Grenades do 61) would probably still be viable while also making other options more competitive.

Blast Grenade: Bad. A stamina blocker is a GREAT idea, but the small explosion and short stun time reduce the utility. Making the explosion larger would be a great push to get people to use it.

Tomahawks: Good. These have been balanced back and forth forever, and I think they’re in a good spot now.

Melee items: They’re all ok except the brass knuckles. Make that 51 damage on all body parts.

• 58 posts
    July 11, 2024 8:06 AM PDT
    chronospectrum said:

Before we get into this, please write your thoughts on what guns are good or bad as a response to this thread. A wider range of opinions will help show where the community agrees and disagrees on specific weapons. For my part, I’m making suggestions to improve the weapon diversity of the game. If each weapon feels interesting to use, it’ll encourage more varied playstyles which are sorely lacking in the game currently.

I’ll be breaking the list of weapons into one of four groups: 

Superior: Objectively better than other options, may or may not need a statistic tweak to bring it back in line with other options.

Good: Ideal balance. Fills a niche, or is competitive with most other options in general scenarios.

Bad: Objectively worse than other options, but fundamentally acceptable. Could be fixed with a statistic tweak to fix an issue or bring it in line with other weapons.

Pathetic: Reserved for weapons that cannot compete with others because of a fundamental design flaw. These cannot be fixed with statistic changes. This category also includes weapons that would need to be reworked to do something more interesting. 

Primary weapons

UMP-40: Good. Outclassed by other weapons in either damage or fire rate, but rarely both at once. Solid and forgiving for beginners.

L115A3: Good. Damage numbers are spot on, reload times punish left-click-spam. The only potential tweak I can see is to increase the hipfire accuracy cone, but if that stays as-is, it’s still really good.

STG-12: Bad. Pellets just don’t do enough damage. It fires a spread of 8, which means 88 damage if all of them hit the torso. A point-blank torso hit from a shotgun that doesn’t get a kill feels really bad. Either increase pellet count to 10 OR buff the damage to torso (to 13) and limbs (to 11). Headshot damage is fine.

Mini-G: Bad. It doesn’t fill any niche, and the speed penalties to movement and charge-up stop it from competing with most standard assault rifles. The DPS is REALLY good and it can be accurate at a decent range… but so are the G36 and Carbine. Its only real use is as an anti-vehicle suppressor, which it can’t excel at because Vehicles have enormous HP pools.  Because the MiniG doesn’t have a clear purpose, it’s hard to fix. I’d give it more ammo as a start, another full reload at least.

Blast Shotgun: Pathetic. Its the STG-12 that does 1 more damage across the board. This is not an exciting weapon. As the only other shotgun, it should do something to set it apart. This weapon will require a rework to make it interesting. What about ricocheting bullets? What about a lower-damage, full automatic shotgun? What if aimed shots fired a mini-grenade? Literally anything to make this weapon different.

BlastGun: Bad, but not by much. Blistering fire rate and decent damage make for a fun close-quarters SMG weapon, but the problem is that the reload takes ages. Only the MiniG and Flamethrower have longer reloads. Shorten that reload to bring it back into competition with other weapons.

GA3A: Good. There’s not much to say here regarding stats, but I do wish that it were more interesting than just another rifle.

Carbine: Superior. A guaranteed 5 hit kill with unparalleled suppression ability. This is as close to a signature weapon that warmerise has, but it definitely needs a nerf somewhere. I’d reduce the ammo capacity, both per-magazine and total. Changing the damage feels… disrespectful somehow.

G36: Superior. Its a lot of DPS, and the rapid fire rate keeps enemies unable to aim if you reliably hit shots. A longer reload might be in order to allow opponents an opportunity to retaliate from the barrage.

LSMG3: Bad, but not by a lot. The recoil is a bit high and it could use one or two extra magazines, but it feels quite good to use.

Plasma Gun: Good. Do not adjust this weapon. Ever.

VectorX: Superior. This is another weapon that doesn’t really have a niche to fit into, but the rapid fire rate and above-average damage make for a deceptively powerful weapon. Reducing the damage by 1 across all body parts, combined with a drastic increase in recoil could work. Again, this is one of those cases where it’s hard to decide how to adjust a weapon if there’s no objective role for it to fill.

A12: Good. It hits hard, but fires unwieldy recoil. I’m annoyed that it’s based on the AA-12 automatic shotgun, but is actually just a regular full-auto rifle.

Flamethrower: PATHETIC. If no other weapon gets buffed, it should be this one. Damage, fire rate, projectile range, pretty much anything that you can think of that can be improved, SHOULD be improved. 

Railrifle: Good. Once upon a time, this weapon was a one-shot torso kill. That was definitely too strong, but at least it did something distinct from the L115A3. The two have almost identical damage profiles, so there’s little reason to ever buy this weapon. Additionally, the damage profile for the rifle leads to a 1, 2 or 3 hit kill depending on what you hit. That inconsistency is actually really annoying and puts me off recommending it for the high cost. One thing I’ve suggested in the past is to keep the damage the same and make the bullets hitscan instead of projectiles. That would allow it to be used the same as it is currently, but also create a niche for it to live in that no other weapon quite excels at.

Secondary weapons:

USP: Pathetic. It’s accurate, I suppose, but the damage and ammo capacity per magazine are just nonviable. 

Pulse Pistol: Pathetic. Functionally identical to USP

Plasma Pistol: Bad. This is probably what the stock USP should feel like.

Revolver: Good. Being able to reliably 3-shot an enemy with a pistol is incredible. It’s the first thing I recommend to new players to replace the USP since it's such a drastic upgrade for relatively low cost.

CPW: Good. A pocket blastgun, no complaints here.

RPG: Pathetic, but not because of damage. Its sole function in the meta is to chip small to moderate amounts of damage from relatively safe positions. Aim for the feet, then retreat. For most players, its extremely frustrating to fight because once you eliminate a player who has exhausted their RPG ammo, they just respawn with 3 more rockets! To rework this weapon and create a niche for it to fill, I would cut the explosive damage in half (or maybe even lower), but increase the direct-hit damage to some 500 or something absurd like that. This positions it as the games best anti-vehicle option without completely removing the explosive area of effect. We have grenades for area denial and crowd control, the RPG should do something else.

Gravity Gun: Superior. This “weapon” is a symptom of a bigger issue in Warmerise: Mobility. There are two tools that increase movement speed, Nanocompressors (10% move speed) and the Gravgun, which allows for extremely rapid repositioning both horizontally and vertically. The Grav is a force multiplier for literally any other weapon in the game. There just isn’t any other mobility enhancement tool, which makes this absolutely ESSENTIAL for competitive or casual play. There needs to be other options for movement in the game.

WarriorBow: Good. No complaints here, it’s a niche weapon that has defined strengths and weaknesses.

PlasmaGrenades: Good. Absolutely great options for a starting loadout, other options are available but these remain relevant to those who know where to throw them.

Trapmines: Good, though I think being able to drop them anywhere instantly is a little frustrating to fight against. I’ve suggested in the past that these should take a small time (300-400 ms or so) to deploy where you are unable to move. This would make users think a little harder about where to place them tactically instead of dropping them while standing right next to an enemy.

M67: Good. Many people will say they’re OP, but frankly I think they’re just more commonly used because they’re more fun. Reducing the damage to the high 50’s (for reference, the Plasma Grenades do 61) would probably still be viable while also making other options more competitive.

Blast Grenade: Bad. A stamina blocker is a GREAT idea, but the small explosion and short stun time reduce the utility. Making the explosion larger would be a great push to get people to use it.

Tomahawks: Good. These have been balanced back and forth forever, and I think they’re in a good spot now.

Melee items: They’re all ok except the brass knuckles. Make that 51 damage on all body parts.

MiniG really good if u have GravityGun
    • 366 posts
    July 11, 2024 8:19 AM PDT
    usp and stg r fine for starter weapons.
    • 108 posts
    July 11, 2024 9:48 AM PDT

All great thoughts, but personally I'm biased about the blast shotty because I got my first Sitting Ducks with it. I don't think M67 needs a nerf but maybe it could be more expensive? Also plasmagun should be ranked as Superior I'm many people would agree with me. One more thing, Grav Gun counts as a weapon some how I've only played for 1 year whereas you have played for 7 and I have twice as Grav kills as you.

This post was edited by pokemonster at July 11, 2024 9:53 AM PDT
    • 366 posts
    July 11, 2024 9:59 AM PDT

changing the costs is pointless when everybody already has the weapons

• 108 posts
    July 11, 2024 10:09 AM PDT

tru tru maybe just a little nerf

• 522 posts
    July 11, 2024 3:13 PM PDT

EpicTr0ll said: usp and stg r fine for starter weapons.

I was hoping someone would disagree with me on that. So if the STG is fine as a starter primary, how do you feel about the L115A3? I think it's fair to say that it's much stronger of an option than the STG. In your opinion, should the sniper be get some sort of nerf since its a starter weapon as well?

EpicTr0ll said: changing the costs is pointless when everybody already has the weapons

100 percent agreed. Higher costs also don't fix weapon balance, it just creates Pay-to-Win situations.

pokemonster said:

All great thoughts, but personally I'm biased about the blast shotty because I got my first Sitting Ducks with it.

I've always deeply enjoyed the BlastGun (especially the old p90 model), but that doesn't mean I think it's an objectively great weapon. You have to admit the blast shotgun is functionally identical to the STG.

pokemonster said: Also plasmagun should be ranked as Superior I'm many people would agree with me.

Can you elaborate on why you think that? Remember Superior is what I used for weapons that are TOO good and need to be brought back down in some way.

pokemonster said:  some how I've only played for 1 year whereas you have played for 7 and I have twice as Grav kills as you.

I've actually played since 2014, so 10 years. I don't use the Gravity much anymore, and when I do its not for meme kills. For me, its a mobility tool, so I frequently swap it out for a revolver or occasionally CPW.

• 366 posts
    July 12, 2024 8:30 AM PDT

chronospectrum said:

EpicTr0ll said: usp and stg r fine for starter weapons.

I was hoping someone would disagree with me on that. So if the STG is fine as a starter primary, how do you feel about the L115A3? I think it's fair to say that it's much stronger of an option than the STG. In your opinion, should the sniper be get some sort of nerf since its a starter weapon as well?

STG is fine for a starter shotgun and L115A3 is fine for a starter sniper obviously some weapon type will always be weaker than the others

• 108 posts
    July 12, 2024 8:43 AM PDT

(note: I'm not so good with the quote thingies so gimme some grace on these responses)

My bad I musta missed the part where it said Superior means needs Nerf. Entirely my fault srry for any confusion.

Note that I didn't say blast shotty was good, but it is definitely better than STG, not by much but the differece is there. I was doing horribly on Sky the other day and no one answered when I asked if I could use stg for fun, so I used it, I was on blue and spawned in tunnel, so I rushed thru tunnel, right at the end of that one long tunnel between Blue tunnel spawn and Red tunnel spawn Schiafonno(I think thats how u spell it) jumped out in front of me and I hit him and did EXACTLY 99 damage, see how that 1 damage difference with blast shotty would've helped?

anyways thank yall who read thru this whole response see ya around ;P

• 366 posts
    July 12, 2024 8:49 AM PDT

the blastshotgun just feels very inconsistent for me idk how its a 1 hit kill one time and the other time i need 4-5 bodyshot?? STG is more consistent for some reason

• 108 posts
    July 12, 2024 8:54 AM PDT

tru i think thats becuz stg has less spray

• 1 posts
    July 13, 2024 8:16 AM PDT

I like your assessment for the most part. I have a few different opinions:

I think the stg is good. If it's very close range I'd go with the shotty over any other weapon. Each well-aimmed shot carves a hole out of people. And as you said grav multiplies potential and that's especially true for the shotties. Most maps have some confined areas so I think it's a good starter weapon option for particular playstyles too. Also idk if it's every shot but I've seen them output 9 pellets per cartridge. I do think some of the random sprays are outrageous for both shotties. I've seen a smiley face be drawn on the wall with a single shot and more frustratingly, a backward "C". Which meant it shot everywhere except where I wanted it to. That inconsistency can be a pain. A spray with a slightly tighter cone AND with damage falloff would be nice for this weapon.

The rail rifle definitely a superior weapon. It doesnt take 3 shots to kill, at most it's 2 and it shoots faster than a plasma.

The only place I've found blast grenades viable is in competitive sniping. It's especially effective on players who greatly rely on sprint to evade. Still, in a team setting imo it usually doesnt make sense if more than 1 person runs it. What might make it better is if it reduces the enemies speed by 10% and also prevents the enemies from deploying their throwables (all nades, mines, tomas) for several seconds. This might be going too far but perhaps the blast nade could function like an EMP(idk if that makes sense) and temporarily disable all deployed mines and more importantly the grav gun too. I can imagine that being rather useful in nuke elim.

On the subject of the gravity gun. It was pretty fun when you could precharge it and then fly as soon as you switched back to that weapon. It was pretty cheesy so I understand if that feature should stay gone. On the off chance it comes back, charging the grav gun should make players appear on the radar like it did it before. In fact, maybe charging the grav gun now should have players appearing on the radar.

• 2110 posts
    July 13, 2024 10:57 AM PDT
    Both the LSMG3 and the Vector need another mag. There’s not enough ammunition to keep fighting after about 5-6 kills
    • 108 posts
    July 13, 2024 11:36 AM PDT

JoAl4siTy said:

I like your assessment for the most part. I have a few different opinions:

I think the stg is good. If it's very close range I'd go with the shotty over any other weapon. Each well-aimmed shot carves a hole out of people. And as you said grav multiplies potential and that's especially true for the shotties. Most maps have some confined areas so I think it's a good starter weapon option for particular playstyles too. Also idk if it's every shot but I've seen them output 9 pellets per cartridge. I do think some of the random sprays are outrageous for both shotties. I've seen a smiley face be drawn on the wall with a single shot and more frustratingly, a backward "C". Which meant it shot everywhere except where I wanted it to. That inconsistency can be a pain. A spray with a slightly tighter cone AND with damage falloff would be nice for this weapon.

The rail rifle definitely a superior weapon. It doesnt take 3 shots to kill, at most it's 2 and it shoots faster than a plasma.

The only place I've found blast grenades viable is in competitive sniping. It's especially effective on players who greatly rely on sprint to evade. Still, in a team setting imo it usually doesnt make sense if more than 1 person runs it. What might make it better is if it reduces the enemies speed by 10% and also prevents the enemies from deploying their throwables (all nades, mines, tomas) for several seconds. This might be going too far but perhaps the blast nade could function like an EMP(idk if that makes sense) and temporarily disable all deployed mines and more importantly the grav gun too. I can imagine that being rather useful in nuke elim.

On the subject of the gravity gun. It was pretty fun when you could precharge it and then fly as soon as you switched back to that weapon. It was pretty cheesy so I understand if that feature should stay gone. On the off chance it comes back, charging the grav gun should make players appear on the radar like it did it before. In fact, maybe charging the grav gun now should have players appearing on the radar.

these r w rizz ideas

• 14 posts
    July 13, 2024 9:05 PM PDT

- The flamethrower's effectiveness is lacking, often failing to inflict damage on enemies and feeling more like a leisurely sunbath.

- Its damage output is underwhelming, necessitating multiple hits (7*15=105) to defeat an enemy, while other weapons can accomplish the task much more quickly.

- Conversely, the railrifle stands out as a superior option, with improved fault tolerance, shorter cooldown, and higher damage compared to other sniper rifles, making it a worthwhile investment.

• 1169 posts
    July 14, 2024 1:01 AM PDT

dont forget that rail is superior for a reason

its the most expensive gun in the game.

Also flamethrower needs a major buff

• 14 posts
    July 14, 2024 4:19 AM PDT

RAIL RIFLE : PAY TO WIN 

Flamethrower: pay to lose , you know l just want to cook somebody 

This post was edited by ClanMember at July 14, 2024 4:25 AM PDT
    • 147 posts
    July 14, 2024 4:38 PM PDT

Flamethrower is literally a meme weapon

At least in other games (zombs royale for example), flamethrower does decent damage and holds its own. In warmerise, flamethrower is literally a "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" but swap knowledge with basic gaming ability

• 14 posts
    July 14, 2024 8:49 PM PDT

In warmerise, a flamethrower is simply a large flashlight 

• 108 posts
    July 15, 2024 7:07 AM PDT

Call of Duty: Black Ops (the first one) had this kinda cool feature where u could put an underbarrel flamethrower on ur gun. While in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War the Flamethrower was a Scorestreak (if you got a bunch of kills in a row u could use it) that had pretty low range but good damage and wider spread and didnt cost many kills to get. Personally I think the Flame is more effective against fpv enemies since its harder to see u, and all the flame should do damage, not just the middle.

• 14 posts
    July 18, 2024 8:46 PM PDT

Warmerise's flamethrower flame can pass through obstacles, but the damage is pathetically low.

• 522 posts
    July 19, 2024 7:28 AM PDT

ClanMember said:

Warmerise's flamethrower flame can pass through obstacles

I'd never thought to try this before, but you're right. Thanks for teaching me something new!

• 108 posts
    July 19, 2024 7:36 AM PDT

I very recently bought Tomahawk and its awesome but way too weak sometimes, one time I hit someone with it and it dealt 7 damage.

This post was edited by pokemonster at July 19, 2024 7:36 AM PDT
    • 522 posts
    July 19, 2024 7:44 AM PDT
    pokemonster said:

I very recently bought Tomahawk and its awesome but way too weak sometimes, one time I hit someone with it and it dealt 7 damage.

The damage is based on how far the tomahawk files before hitting an enemy.
    • 108 posts
    July 19, 2024 7:48 AM PDT

chronospectrum said:
    pokemonster said:

The damage is based on how far the tomahawk files before hitting an enemy.

cool but I think 7 is still to little, the lowest should be like 15-20