Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

• April 5, 2018 11:32 AM PDT

Hello again. I want to share my request this request for an additional item. There must be a radar when you use that radar you can see opposite team for 5 seconds on your normal radar.  

You can use that radar 3 times like m67 , plasma grenade and trap mines. When you use it you can see enemies for 5 second. I tried to explain in this photo: 

if you have better ideas please write here. 

This post was edited by Deleted Member at April 5, 2018 11:38 AM PDT
    • 998 posts
    April 6, 2018 9:11 AM PDT

Interesting suggestion, I will consider it for the future updates

• 609 posts
    April 6, 2018 10:36 AM PDT

VeskiuCZ said:

Hello again. I want to share my request this request for an additional item. There must be a radar when you use that radar you can see opposite team for 5 seconds on your normal radar.  

You can use that radar 3 times like m67 , plasma grenade and trap mines. When you use it you can see enemies for 5 second. I tried to explain in this photo: 

if you have better ideas please write here. 

my idea is slighty different and comes from a small brainstorm started by chrono (on his post about a targetting system -aka enemy spotted- heres the link in case you wanna check it https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/471/minor-suggestion-add-target-spotting)

the variations I propose are:

- Instead of an Item rather a function on the armory menu (were you can fin an Ammo refill, teleport & health) consting a determinated ammount of coins;

- Rather than only showing the enemy on the minimap also make them visible through walls and such, like shown below;

-From left to Right: Unmarked player;/Marked Player;/Marked player slightly covered by an object (in this case a wall);/Marked player covered by a wall;/

-Duration of a few rounds (1 or more) -rather than a time set-, Until the player using it dies.

note that its indeed a powerfull perk but not op since the only advantage it gives the player is Information, that he hearned by skill and not cash.

I call it UAV

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at April 6, 2018 11:01 AM PDT
    • 609 posts
    April 6, 2018 10:53 AM PDT

Also Max since i caught you here I'd like to leave a suggestion concerning the name tags and life bars above the players, both this and the kill log can block the view so not only I would like to suggest a decrease on the font size shown and the icons of the weapons/headshot but also a 'little big' change on the way our team mates are shown to us, I've come at times that the cluster created by their names/health bar is too big in certain cases even blockin my (our) view of the map, concealing enemies at times

so heres my suggestion in a way of a Gif (poorly made tho) ->  https://giphy.com/gifs/tag-eun3RUZBumFYyVH7nd

also-> http://vvcap.com/0PFYThIqyZc

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at April 6, 2018 11:06 AM PDT
    • 998 posts
    April 6, 2018 12:53 PM PDT

@STERBEN99 Markers or seeing player through walls is just a wallhack disguised as feature, so it will not be added.
    About making kill log and name label smaller, I will consider it. But right now I will not be making any changes to UI as it uses an outdated Unity's UI system. I will have to port it to a new UI system and only then start making the changes.

• 507 posts
    April 6, 2018 4:51 PM PDT
    Hey while you're at that, why not just remake the entire game from the ground up in unity 2017 so there's no more outdated systems :D

Seriously though, I've been playing with unity in my spare time and the amount of things that go into really simple stuff is kinda crazy. I can only imagine the extra difficulty from having to negotiate with a bunch of legacy systems when adding new stuff.
    • 998 posts
    April 6, 2018 7:26 PM PDT

chronospectrum said: Hey while you're at that, why not just remake the entire game from the ground up in unity 2017 so there's no more outdated systems :D Seriously though, I've been playing with unity in my spare time and the amount of things that go into really simple stuff is kinda crazy. I can only imagine the extra difficulty from having to negotiate with a bunch of legacy systems when adding new stuff.

Yeah the game been through alot of Unity versions since 2012.
    Many things that existed back then do not exist anymore (UnityScript, old particle system).
    Also alot of code has been rewritten to adapt the game to a new platform (WebGL).

• April 7, 2018 1:05 PM PDT

Max, 15 min ago i played a bit and i bought mini-gun i tried to kill someone with mini gun but it is very hard. Because you know you cant run very fast with minigun this is a disadvantage for minigun users. I suggest to you change minigun's damage settings. Example: 

Head: 25 - 35 

Body: 15 -20

Leg: 12 

Like i said it is very hard to kill someone.  Most of people 90% camping with sniper in their base. Almost impossible to kill them. I think all weapons must have high damage only for headshots. Like sniper weapons when you hit someone's head you can kill him with one shot. In auto weapons should be 3 or 4 hit to kill.

This post was edited by Deleted Member at April 7, 2018 3:04 PM PDT
    • 609 posts
    April 7, 2018 3:40 PM PDT

VeskiuCZ said:

Max, 15 min ago i played a bit and i bought mini-gun i tried to kill someone with mini gun but it is very hard. Because you know you cant run very fast with minigun this is a disadvantage for minigun users. I suggest to you change minigun's damage settings. Example: 

Like i said it is very hard to kill someone.  Most of people 90% camping with sniper in their base. Almost impossible to kill them. I think all weapons must have high damage only for headshots. Like sniper weapons when you hit someone's head you can kill him with one shot. In auto weapons should be 3 or 4 hit to kill.

it isn't hard to kill someone with the mini-g, just needs some practice

• 507 posts
    April 7, 2018 4:11 PM PDT

VeskiuCZ said:

Max, 15 min ago i played a bit and i bought mini-gun i tried to kill someone with mini gun but it is very hard. Because you know you cant run very fast with minigun this is a disadvantage for minigun users.

That's how it used to be, but the minigun does so much sustained damage that it needed a slight nerf. You can run with your pistol or knife to move faster, then switch to the minigun when you need to actually shoot.

VeskiuCZ said:

I suggest to you change minigun's damage settings. Example: 

That's a between 3 and 9 shots to kill someone, with a torso Damage Per Second of 168-225. If we took your suggestion, it would be the highest damage per second in the game, with nothing else even coming close. The G36 has a DPS of 176, for reference, and it's probably one of the best guns in the game. The damages you listed are WAY too high, they're fine where they are.

VeskiuCZ said:

See that's your problem right there. If you're attacking a sniper at a longer range than you can aim the minigun accurately, then you're always going to lose. Your choices are to either get closer with the minigun to make it an easier kill for you or to choose a different weapon that works better at the range you're trying to shoot from. The Minigun is one of the best weapons for new players, but it's going to take some practice, learning where the minigun truly shines. 

Also some friendly advice, instead of harassing Max with ideas completely unrelated to the original post, make a new suggestion thread in the bugs and suggestions forum so that we can discuss your ideas on their own pages :)

This post was edited by chronospectrum at April 7, 2018 4:13 PM PDT