Forums » General

Debate-Measures to promote unregistered players to register

• 609 posts
    July 16, 2018 5:45 PM PDT

as the tittle says, in your opinion what are the measures warmerise shoul take so more unregistered players feel compeled to do so

• 507 posts
    July 16, 2018 5:53 PM PDT

I think (and hate myself for thinking) that the lite version needs more advertisements. I see players all the time who are like "how are u flying hacker??" I sit there, and I explain the process for registering an account  to earn cash to buy new guns, but my point is that  I shouldn't have to do that. The game should say  "Hey, thanks for playing! If you want to get new weapons, register at Warmerise.com. You'll also get access to the member homepage, the community forums, and compete to earn a spot on the Top 100 Players!!"

• 609 posts
    July 16, 2018 7:41 PM PDT

chronospectrum said:

I think (and hate myself for thinking) that the lite version needs more advertisements. I see players all the time who are like "how are u flying hacker??" I sit there, and I explain the process for registering an account  to earn cash to buy new guns, but my point is that  I shouldn't have to do that. The game should say  "Hey, thanks for playing! If you want to get new weapons, register at Warmerise.com. You'll also get access to the member homepage, the community forums, and compete to earn a spot on the Top 100 Players!!"

I kinda realized that too, the other day in a server of 16 there were only 5 registered, came to my mind "imagine if all this people was registered", better (hopefully) community, more competitive, for sure more populated and overall ig a better warmerise.

And ive also seen those type of question but mainly kiddos non-stop shouting where do we get the guns (ppl explain) and they just pick up the eplanation and throw it out, comes into and ear leaves by the other

and i agree with your analysis, a big flashy button saying Register and then explaining all the perks would be a good start i think

This post was edited by STERBEN99 at July 16, 2018 7:43 PM PDT
    • 84 posts
    July 17, 2018 7:43 AM PDT
    Yes, and theres should be a similiar version for spanish players too, i spent like 30 minutes explaining how to make an account to this one dude and in the end, i dont know if he was able to make it (we only got to email confirmation) and then the player was kicked for being afk. Some say he's still making his acc. Also,i dont think any advertisements advertise the community itself, which is quite sad since its one of the biggest factors why so many players have stayed for the longest time ever and why I will die in this game
    • 328 posts
    July 18, 2018 6:57 PM PDT

On lite version, once the match is over it should show a in-game popup asking the user to register or once the user leaves the server. And, also in-game translations would be nice mostly covering: French, Turkish, Polish, Spanish

• 507 posts
    July 18, 2018 7:17 PM PDT

You earned MatchXP XP this round! Register now to claim this and start earning new weapons!

¡Obtuvo MatchXP XP esta ronda! ¡Regístrese ahora para reclamar esto y comenzar a ganar nuevas armas!

Bu turda MatchXP XP kazandınız! Bunu talep etmek için şimdi kaydolun ve yeni silahlar kazanmaya başlayın!

Ви заробили MatchXP XP цього раунду! Зареєструйтеся зараз, щоб заявляти про це і почати заробляти нову зброю!

This post was edited by chronospectrum at July 18, 2018 7:18 PM PDT
    • 998 posts
    July 18, 2018 8:34 PM PDT

Getting new players to register is not an issue. There is plenty of Sign-in buttons in the Armory Menu and in In-game profile page.

The thing is, the game does not get nearly as much players from gaming sites. To be exact it only get around 10% (!) from what it used to get before the WebPlayer was removed.

Why you may ask?

During the WebPlayer era many gaming sites featured the game, bringing alot of new players.
    After the WebPlayer was discontinued many of those sites added a warning message telling that this browser does not support the WebPlayer.
    At that time it was a useful measure, since it guided the players to use the right browser.

But it's been almost 3 years and many of the games (including Warmerise) have been ported to WebGL.
    But many of those sites either don't know or don't care to update their listings and remove the warning from the games.

For example this site: www.cda.pl it used to bring alot of new player but now when you visit the game page you see this:

I tried contacting them but no reply.

Another reason: WebGL intself

Even though WebGL performance is much better than it use to be, many players still experience low fps.
    And let's not forget that WebGL only works on 64bit OS so 32bit users can't play it.

The good news is that multithreading is finally coming to WebGL in the next version of Unity.
    Multithreading is the last thing that is needed to bring the performance in WebGL on par with WebPlayer.

This post was edited by Admin at July 18, 2018 8:35 PM PDT
    • 507 posts
    July 18, 2018 8:51 PM PDT

Max said:

Getting new players to register is not an issue. There is plenty of Sign-in buttons in the Armory Menu and in In-game profile page.

It kind of is, for me. Even with all those buttons I still get people asking how I'm getting all these "OP guns" (g36, minigun, etc.) even though it's just that I have an account.

Max said:

The thing is, the game does not get nearly as much players from gaming sites. To be exact it only get around 10% (!) from what it used to get before the WebPlayer was removed.

For example this site: www.cda.pl it used to bring alot of new player but now when you visit the game page you see this:

*image*

I tried contacting them but no reply.

Max said:

Even though WebGL performance is much better than it use to be, many players still experience low fps. 

The good news is that multithreading is finally coming to WebGL in the next version of Unity.

Multithreading is the last thing that is needed to bring the performance in WebGL on par with WebPlayer.

A) VERY hype for multithreading. I don't suppose you know when that's coming, roughly?

B) Again, the point of the thread wasn't so much "get people to see the game" as it was "get people who are currently playing to make an account and stay a while." Less advertising and more new player retention. One issue isn't inherently worse than the other but I think it's worth it to keep in mind the differences. 

C) So if the issue for you is player exposure, what can be done about it? Wait for the multithreading update then pitch the game at sites like Y8, cda.pl, and other hosts as a new game? "Warmerise WebGL"? And maybe more importantly, is there anything that we as a community can do to help?

• 84 posts
    July 19, 2018 12:19 AM PDT

Zero said:

On lite version, once the match is over it should show a in-game popup asking the user to register or once the user leaves the server. And, also in-game translations would be nice mostly covering: French, Turkish, Polish, Spanish

this is a really really good idea. I hope max adds some type of popup like that towards the match or at any relevant point in time

• 998 posts
    July 19, 2018 1:33 AM PDT

chronospectrum said:

A) VERY hype for multithreading. I don't suppose you know when that's coming, roughly?

B) Again, the point of the thread wasn't so much "get people to see the game" as it was "get people who are currently playing to make an account and stay a while." Less advertising and more new player retention. One issue isn't inherently worse than the other but I think it's worth it to keep in mind the differences. 

C) So if the issue for you is player exposure, what can be done about it? Wait for the multithreading update then pitch the game at sites like Y8, cda.pl, and other hosts as a new game? "Warmerise WebGL"? And maybe more importantly, is there anything that we as a community can do to help?

A) I think the first beta will be released eiher this week or the next one, but it will probably take another 3 - 4 weeks to make it ready for production. That's if all major browsers add multithreading support by that time (Chrome is the only browser that supports WebGL threads at the moment).

B) The current registration rate is quite good in my opinion but I will consider adding a sign-up button on top of scoreboard or in the final screen.

C) That's the plan: Wait for performance to get better then advertise the game.

One thing that community can do is to like and/or share the game's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/warmerise/ it's a great way to let others know about the game.

• 6 posts
    July 20, 2018 6:56 PM PDT

Max said:

will this liberate enough space for skins, as well as profile pictures, to be showed again to other viewers in server?

Or doesn't this affect memory usage?

This post was edited by Guardian at July 20, 2018 6:56 PM PDT