Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Team-Based Barriers

• 254 posts
    August 5, 2018 9:00 AM PDT

I was thinking that some kind of one-way barrier based on what side you're on: Red side can only go through Red barrier and Blue through Blue barrier. And neither side would be able to shoot through the barriers.

Right now a simple one-way barrier can easily be set up but any player can only go through in one direction. This would provide a "safety zone" for each team.

Example:

• 102 posts
    August 5, 2018 4:02 PM PDT

Great idea i liked it. But in elimination mode people can do camp in their base. I suggest this suggestion must be only for tdm games.

This post was edited by Kalamar at August 5, 2018 4:03 PM PDT
    • 91 posts
    August 6, 2018 6:20 AM PDT
    I just think it’ll encourage too much camping even in TDM, ruining the fun of the game. For example, it may be a close game with not much time to go and the winning team will just sit in their base waiting for time to run out.
    • 186 posts
    August 6, 2018 8:07 AM PDT
    I do not see it working in some maps like Secret Lab but in maps like Bunker it might kinda work. We already do have spawn protection which lasts quite a bit. I do not really mind this being added but what I think is that it should be something you can choose to activate or not before the game because this is something maybe half of the community might like and the other won't and many would start complaining.
    This post was edited by Erlaanz at August 6, 2018 8:08 AM PDT
    • 254 posts
    August 6, 2018 12:57 PM PDT

Yeah, it might promote camping to keep from being killed, but then the person hiding behind the barrier won't be able to get any points either. And if they're so scared of being shot then they shouldn't be playing the game. LOL

I just figured it'd be something for the custom maps that could be added in. Maybe put a "Store" behind it. Though, with one of those on the inside the enemy could be transported into the area. Of course, they'd have a heck of a time getting back out unless they can transport again. LOL

I like Erlaanz's idea of making it something to be activated when the game is being created.

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at August 6, 2018 12:57 PM PDT
    • 102 posts
    September 13, 2018 6:06 PM PDT

Nahh all players will camp

• 6 posts
    September 16, 2018 5:38 AM PDT
    Maybe Put It In The Armory Main For 30 Coins, For Big Maps.