Forums » General

Alternative to Kick/Ban

This topic has been closed.
    • 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 8:55 AM PST

Max: Instead going to add ability for server creators to kick/ban players and assign in-game moderators

I would like to purpose an alternative to kick/ban system since that doesn't gurantee a fair play to everyone. Many of us on Warmerise have been playing for a long time and know how to game mechanics work, which is why we are either able to pull trick shots and such or know few glitches.

Giving servers creators the ability to kick/ban you are just letting them play with whomever they want to.

For Example: Say I'm a new player and woops bravo I can kick players who are really pro and play with only noobs who can barely aim. GG EZ. I can farm XP and viola in few days or weeks I've a decent KDR and in top 100.

Those who get kicked or Banned will get tired of that at some point and will not be willing to play anymore hence losing players. Which is not what this community or Max wants.

In-Game Mods: I'm not sure how that will work but I've an alternative solution to that as well.

Alt Solution:

You can add vote kick system which ONLY SERVER CREATORS CAN START. If the Server creator is not in the server, pick a random player and make them the Admin.

Everyone who creates a server shall be given 3 passes. (Explained below)

Vote Kick shall ONLY work if all players voted and a valid reason is provided by the SERVER CREATOR.

For Example:

/r = Reason In the player panel, if a SERVER OWNER hovers/clicks on a player username a drop down panel should pop-up with the option to Vote Kick. SERVER OWNER clicks on Vote kick and in chat, SERVER OWNER provides a valid reason for vote kick by typing /r [Username] is being rude and using wall-cheat to ruin other players gameplay. Vote Kick should being AFTER the SERVER OWNER has typed a valid reason. In case if a reason is not provided vote kick shall not begin.

If all players didn't vote, vote kick shall be denied.

In-Game Mods/Mods:

Reason provided by server owner shall be sent to Mods so they can review the reason, if the reason is legit, Modsdon't need to take any action/s. BUT, if the reason isn't legit and makes no sense whatsoever, EX: "player was being stupid".  If the SERVER OWNER continues the abuse the system, the ability to initiate kick/ban system shall be taken away from them.

You can use webhooks to send reports to Mods or post them in a certain topic/forum category.

It would be nice for Mods if webhooks could work in this way:

Server Name:

Server Owner:

Players in Server:

Reason:

Player who got kicked:

For Players who got kicked:

A new Topic/Thread should be opened for them if they believe that they got kicked out of a server for a wrong reason or if it was unfair for them to be kicked out.

This post was edited by Zero at January 23, 2017 8:56 AM PST
    • 284 posts
    January 23, 2017 9:34 AM PST
    It'll be great if that system works. But there's a possible chance that it go bogus. I'm playing this game for more than 2 years and have played in many servers. From that, I can say that majority of players in server do not understand English. I have been playing some FPS games in these 4 months and they have this vote-kick system. Even when there's a legit hacker, players can't make enough votes to kick him out as majority don't understand the system and eventually don't cast their vote.
    • 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 9:47 AM PST

Hm, great thought.

No worries, we will make a guide on how to use vote-kick system or a video so everyone is aware of how to use it or have a basic understanding of it.

And we can add button options in options menu:

To start vote kick => Playerpanel => rightclick and start vote kick from dropdown menu.

In chat => /r blah blah blah

Yes Button = y

No Button = n

Simple.

If someone refuses to learn, they are the one to blame.

• January 23, 2017 9:50 AM PST

I'm kinda against your idea in general. (You tried hard lol) I explained mostly why in  Max's wall already..

Tho I will add 2 legit arguments later if you can be patient lolz. Now let's see today firstly at 10 PM GMT+1 what happen

• 260 posts
    January 23, 2017 9:51 AM PST

Ah that game which death is talking about is BeGone's kicking system. We'll see what type of system Max will put on warmerise.

• 284 posts
    January 23, 2017 10:00 AM PST
    Matty SHUSH! lol
    Let me get this straight...
    The server creator have the ability to nominate anyone's name in the server to be kicked and provides a good reason for that. An option appears on every player's game (other than the nominated one) with simple procedure of 'Press N for No' and Press 'Y for yes'. I believe that will not require any learning, it's just so simple and it'll be really successful I believe.
    • 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 10:10 AM PST

DeathBringer908 said: Matty SHUSH! lol Let me get this straight... The server creator have the ability to nominate anyone's name in the server to be kicked and provides a good reason for that. An option appears on every player's game (other than the nominated one) with simple procedure of 'Press N for No' and Press 'Y for yes'. I believe that will not require any learning, it's just so simple and it'll be really successful I believe.

Yes, basically that system.

This post was edited by Zero at January 23, 2017 10:17 AM PST
    • 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 10:16 AM PST

fuj147 said:

I'm kinda against your idea in general. (You tried hard lol) I explained mostly why in  Max's wall already..

Tho I will add 2 legit arguments later if you can be patient lolz. Now let's see today firstly at 10 PM GMT+1 what happen

I have no idea what you wrote on Max's wall. I mean, I don't see a proper valid reason provided by you. It's just you screaming on Max's wall/comments saying that other people are whining about abusing and yes that's correct.

But, ok. I guess I'm open to discussion.

• 21 posts
    January 23, 2017 11:49 AM PST

I like the fact you're proposing a compromise between the server creator's powers and a vote kick. 

I'm just going to play devil's advocate here, though, and ask a few special case questions. What if there are only 2 people in a server? Is there a check on the power of the current "server admin" (i.e. if he/she is doing something worthy of being kicked)?

This is asking about your original post, so if you changed your mind about submitting a reason to be reviewed in the reply to deathbringer, ignore these two questions. I'd have to hear your ideas for the in-game mods first, but while I like the idea of requiring kick/ban decisions to be reviewed by people, what if there aren't any mods online? What if the reasons are submitted in a language the mods don't speak? 

Again, while I like compromises, I think that servers usually don't last long enough (and/or the people in them don't stay long enough) to make giving one person (server creator or someone else assigned) the power to kick someone or submitting kick/ban requests to mods be practical options for Warmerise in its current state. 

While I see fuj147's point in his reply to my post on Max's wall (he mentioned the possibility of [in a purely majority-ruled vote-kick system] groups of people coming into a server and abusing that power) and I agree that is a possible problem, I think that there's much more possiblity for abuse/trolling if we give individuals the ability to kick/ban people from servers.

I think a system like Zero described in his original post would be much better suited for the game in general, rather than limited to the scope of individual servers.

• January 23, 2017 12:30 PM PST

I have no idea what you wrote on Max's wall. I mean, I don't see a proper valid reason provided by you. It's just you screaming on Max's wall/comments saying that other people are whining about abusing and yes that's correct.

But, ok. I guess I'm open to discussion.

Well see you tomorrow so for more details, because you seems to not understand very well what happened for years on this game xD.

• 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 12:47 PM PST

What if there are only 2 people in a server? Is there a check on the power of the current "server admin" (i.e. if he/she is doing something worthy of being kicked)?

Just like Max added a feature for XP not being granted if there are less than 4 players in the server same thing can be applied if there are 2 people in servers.

I'd have to hear your ideas for the in-game mods first, but while I like the idea of requiring kick/ban decisions to be reviewed by people, what if there aren't any mods online? What if the reasons are submitted in a language the mods don't speak?

Ideas

"You can use webhooks to send reports to Mods or post them in a certain topic/forum category."
    This way if a Mod isn't online they can review the reports whenever they get online and nothing gets away

Well, I'm sure there is google translate. But if translation is problem, how about picking mods that speak 2-3 languages.

Again, while I like compromises, I think that servers usually don't last long enough (and/or the people in them don't stay long enough) to make giving one person (server creator or someone else assigned) the power to kick someone or submitting kick/ban requests to mods be practical options for Warmerise in its current state.

Whether servers last long enough or not, Max said he will be working on a kick/ban system for server creators. If servers not lasting long enough was the case then I guess there was no need for me to type this topic and kick/ban wouldn't be needed. And, again I am not sure what Max has in mind for in-game Mods. I was providing an alternative to in-game mods since it sounds like a stressful job.

Well see you tomorrow so for more details, because you seems to not understand very well what happened for years on this game xD.

Hmm, Warmerise opened in 2014 (If I'm not wrong).

I joined in 2015 and played ever since. If you are speaking from Game Dev view then I can assure you that I'm a developer myself and have a basic idea of how game mechanics work.

This post was edited by Zero at January 23, 2017 12:51 PM PST
    • 21 posts
    January 23, 2017 1:02 PM PST
    I still think the most fair solution is to have a simple vote-kick that anyone can initiate if there are more than 2 (or some number) of people in the server, and requires a majority (maybe 75% of the people in the server or something) for the target user to be kicked, and would kick the target user from the server for half an hour (or some amount of time). Once the majority is reached, the user would be kicked (whether everyone has voted or not), and the vote would expire if a majority is not reached within 60 seconds of being initiated. Once someone casts their vote, they can't change it.
    The interface Zeron suggested where you right-click on someone's name, initiate a vote, and everyone clicks/types "y" or "n" would be great for that.
    No language barrier issues, don't have to worry about moderators, etc.
    • 21 posts
    January 23, 2017 1:16 PM PST
    Zero* sorry, typo from my phone
    • 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 1:17 PM PST

That will work as well. I made this topic on the basis of this sentence:

Max: Instead going to add ability for server creators to kick/ban players and assign in-game moderators

If Max decideds to go with Server Creators or Vote Kick which can be used by everyone:

Vote Kick only works if there are more than 4 players (Just like XP system)

Change Majority to 90%

Change Half an hour to 15 Minutes (One round is 10 minutes)

Change time to 30 Seconds ( 60 seconds is too  long)

• 21 posts
    January 23, 2017 1:20 PM PST
    Sure, I'm fine with that.
    • 91 posts
    January 23, 2017 1:44 PM PST
    Tbh I can't see why a vote kick system will be better than in-game mods. A really experienced player will get kicked easily when a bunch of people in the server think can't deal with the competition.
    • 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 1:53 PM PST

Yeah but we are not sure how in-game mods are going to work and how many Mods we will need?

Day 1: 20 servers so 20 mods?

Day 2: 50 servers so 50 mods..??

or X number of mods and they have to go in each server and see who is behaving..?

Each mod per server and mod has to stay in the game to see who the gameplay is going or who is being rude... until the server dies?

I wouldn't do it unless I get paid for that.

This post was edited by Zero at January 23, 2017 1:54 PM PST
    • 91 posts
    January 23, 2017 1:57 PM PST
    Lol now that I think of ot, you're right. Less than 10 as their always is wouldn't be able to moderate enough of the servers.
    • 328 posts
    January 23, 2017 2:00 PM PST

I encoruage him to add Site Mods at least.

• 998 posts
    January 23, 2017 6:29 PM PST

It will be a vote/kick system instead of server mods as were planned before.
    Everyone will be able to start a vote and if more than half players vote Yes, the player will be kicked for 2 minutes.
    Each player will be able to start up to 3 votes per round

• January 23, 2017 6:46 PM PST

You guys let's stay with this solid conclusion. One problem 2 minutes is a short amount of time maybe 5?

• 8 posts
    January 23, 2017 6:47 PM PST

^ This.

• January 24, 2017 3:46 AM PST

Dissapointed like wtf ....  Max damn it -,-

Nice job to the kids zero etc, what you talk about coding lmao, you see what you done...

Now we'll have a non-sense system xD GG i'm out. Peace to the beginners in video-games.

• 328 posts
    January 24, 2017 6:18 AM PST
    fuj147 said:

Dissapointed like wtf ....  Max damn it -,-

Nice job to the kids zero etc, what you talk about coding lmao, you see what you done...

Now we'll have a non-sense system xD GG i'm out. Peace to the beginners in video-games.

Adios.lemme know if you need napkins to wipe away your tears. Oh wait, I don't have any.
  • January 24, 2017 12:51 PM PST

I will give you pampers and milk Zero (:

Fuj any way know better than you about gaming and more helpfull than you..

You wrote damn DRAMA forum about this kick\ ban and fuj were the first to suggest it since 2014. but all came bla bla and this is what we have now because of who?.. kids that talk too much. Any way it will never change to be better only stay same lvl even worse.

GL.

Peace.