Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

Nerf Tomahawk

• 328 posts
    November 16, 2018 1:01 PM PST

Tomahawk literally requires no skill. You just swing it and viola instant kill and sometimes it even bounces off of a wall?? Funny thing is it's the cheapest weapon that does the highest damage which happens to be an instant kill.

Let's not talk about mines, yano? Like who blows up completely when they step on mine(s)? I don't. I walked over thousands of mines and heck all my limbs are intact. Mines are supposed to blow you up completely when you're right on top of it but no Ef that.

Lets not forget about Gravity gun that does nothing but flies you off of the ground on and even that was nerfed when travel distance was reduced and got even more nerfed when it started using stamina and what's the price? 35k. 35 Fuking K. It's damage isn't even noticable at all.

Plasma costs 30k and it's difficult to use and requires you to aim. When did Gravity and A12 had a baby called rail rifle?? Worst damage than plasma but behaves like A12 yet many can't aim with it.

This post was edited by Zero at November 16, 2018 1:03 PM PST
    • 60 posts
    November 16, 2018 2:29 PM PST

LOL. I think the weapons you named are more than good, and something deadly in the game has to be. In this case, the tomahawk. I understand your annoyance because it is difficult for you to get them, or that you think it is expensive. But everything has a price, that's life, that's the game.

Greetings.

• 609 posts
    November 16, 2018 3:21 PM PST

My suggestion is to nerf the limb damage to something low, like 20dmg

incredibly, most shots usually hit the limbs

• 507 posts
    November 17, 2018 11:14 AM PST
    Or scale tomahawk damage based on distance thrown. Base 20 damage + 10 damage per 150 ms after throwing. That's 100 damage after 1200 ms (1.2 Seconds). Rewards and requires skilled (or lucky) throws, but technically retains it's instakill potential.

Alternately, base 20 damage + a 50% movement speed debuff to the damaged player for 3 seconds. Makes the tomahawk a unique utility weapon. I stole this last idea from Seth because it's really damn good.
    • 328 posts
    November 17, 2018 3:32 PM PST

@Chrono & @Sterb we def need to reduce that 101 damage. It makes no sense for a weapon to be 15k and do 1 hit kill. 

I doubt Max will be able to implement that damage based on distance travelled. Seth's idea sounds nice but I'd reduce that speed debuff to 25% since Max already had a massive **** with speed stuff after using stamina as gravity's ammo.
    • 609 posts
    November 17, 2018 3:41 PM PST

I'd like to try and some sorta calcution on the percentage of limb shots with it in order to calculate if the nerf on limb damage would be enough to balance it

• 998 posts
    November 17, 2018 7:41 PM PST

I will consider adding a tweak so the Tomahawk has to travel certain distance before inflicting the full damage (if the target's too close it will inflict 50% of the damage), that way it still retains its 1 hit kill power while preventing the easy kills from close targets.

Also @Zero please read the rules before posting, especially the "No Personal Attacks" (I have removed the post, but I'm sure you know which one I'm talking about).

• 328 posts
    November 17, 2018 8:16 PM PST

@Max Thanks.

@LetsPlay Your opinion wasn't required.

I hope that doesn't come off as a personal attack.

• 998 posts
    November 17, 2018 8:45 PM PST

Zero said:

@Max Thanks.

But does that also mean that your opinion on his opinion is not required as well?

This is what Personal Attack means: "Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments."

LetsPlay gave his input, without invalidating anyone else's opinion, so you telling him his opinion wasn't required is still considered a personal attack.

• 328 posts
    November 18, 2018 6:00 AM PST

Max said:

Zero said:

@Max Thanks.

But does that also mean that your opinion on his opinion is not required as well?

This is what Personal Attack means: "Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments."

LetsPlay gave his input, without invalidating anyone else's opinion, so you telling him his opinion wasn't required is still considered a personal attack.

You do realize he was continuing the joke I started towards him, right? Oh, and I can't even provide proof of that since you deleted his and mine posts from the update forum. It clearly follows that mocking pattern where he types a sentence and ends it with Greetings/Cheers, And, sure my opinion may not be required on his but he hasn't contributed literally anything in this thread from what I can see.

I understand your annoyance because it is difficult for you to get them, or that you think it is expensive. But everything has a price, that's life, that's the game.

Greetings.

Where in my thread did I even give a slight hint of that I can't "get them" or they are "expensive". So, based on the definition you posted of personal attack: "Making of an abusive remark on or relating to one's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments." Where did he provide evidence of me not being able to get them or say they are expensive? Would that not count as personal attack.

Yes, he gave his input. Was it worth reading? No. Was it something helpful? No. Was it helping solve the problem that was indicated in the thread? Perhaps? but it was aimed more towards me instead of the topic itself.

So, I don't see you trying to defend someone who is clearly toxic given their post history.

• 60 posts
    November 18, 2018 6:20 AM PST

First of all, I did not want to generate anything, or anything bad, or anything good. It is only my opinion, I said that the weapons are more than good because it is what I feel. And I never attacked you, nor did I delete any publication from any forum. On the other hand, I've noticed that you have some kind of problem with me, because in two comments in forums you attacked me without reason and without having met me, you only manage because of what others say. And I understand, everything is influenced. But hey, if my comment caused you a discomfort, I'm sorry. If you do it to generate another impact on me, I forgive you and tell you: play and be happy.

• 60 posts
    November 18, 2018 6:29 AM PST

And max, thank you for your opinion. May they all continue well, good Sunday for all.