Forums » General

Warmerise Legend Championship Post Reflection

• 260 posts
    January 10, 2019 5:40 PM PST

It was morning time September 2018, I jumped on my computer to check on what’s going on around Warmerise. As I was checking the homepage and the forums I realized that Warmerise was to have a tournament called “Warmerise Legends Championship” starting on October 27th. Really didn’t think about playing in it this time because of time and if I was to show up or not, I decided not to take part in it, feeling bad about it.  I wasn’t really wanting to stream or be a commentator during those few months before it really started, but after a while that moment popped up. DeathBringer messaged me to see if I could sponsor the tournament by donating cash towards the prize pool. I decided to support anyway to have the tournament a success when I saw the event page. I saw that it only had $10,000 in the cash pool. I was like this wasn’t going to be enough to give out after the tournament is over. I thought long and hard, deciding to press sponsor and gave the value of how much I’d decided to give. After half an hour or so later, the number went up and up until a day later everyone was very shocked to see how much the cash pool had been raised (534,430). When I saw that number I was like oh my gosh, this would have not been done within a week. If no one donated that much cash, we would still be outta the range of the amount needed to give out after the final was over. After a few hours, I got a message from DeathBringer asking me to be a streamer/moderator for the tournament. I quickly responded with a YESSS! Then few minutes later, he answered saying you will have fun. As time went on, I was preparing myself to stream/commentate during the matches in the tournament. I was glad that I wasn’t going to be alone throughout this because I knew I’d have Sterben, DB, and Star as the ones that would help out if I needed something or if I couldn’t stream. It was really great to show how I appreciate this community, where as in I was in 2014 being just a average player.  As time quickly moved on and the first match of the tournament started, I wouldn’t expected how it would go as we went live for the first time either on mine or Star’s YouTube channels. As the matches and the tournament went on me and Star gain lots experience when we both streamed. Mostly Star streamed because I wasn’t able to be in most of them due to being at work and scheduling complications personal things do come first.I just want to give her a big shoutout for all of she has done including all of the streams she had to do while I was away and I just couldn’t have done it without her I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU HAVE DONE STAR <3! One thing I really done to help out is the timezones, those things can get really annoying, plus one time where me and Star started a match one hour before it was supposed to start! The final was really fun and I enjoyed every minute of it, congratulations to everyone that participated in it and to you xPsycho the Warmerise Legend!!

Being a part of this staff really definitely showed me how to interact with the community and viewers. I will get better and one day I’ll be like the likes of Chrono and DB.

Hope to see you in the next tournament!

Your Favorite Rapper/Friend

Matty :D

• 610 posts
    January 10, 2019 5:43 PM PST

mattyspectrum said:

It was morning time September 2018, I jumped on my computer to check on what’s going on around Warmerise. As I was checking the homepage and the forums I realized that Warmerise was to have a tournament called “Warmerise Legends Championship” starting on October 27th. Really didn’t think about playing in it this time because of time and if I was to show up or not, I decided not to take part in it, feeling bad about it.  I wasn’t really wanting to stream or be a commentator during those few months before it really started, but after a while that moment popped up. DeathBringer messaged me to see if I could sponsor the tournament by donating cash towards the prize pool. I decided to support anyway to have the tournament a success when I saw the event page. I saw that it only had $10,000 in the cash pool. I was like this wasn’t going to be enough to give out after the tournament is over. I thought long and hard, deciding to press sponsor and gave the value of how much I’d decided to give. After half an hour or so later, the number went up and up until a day later everyone was very shocked to see how much the cash pool had been raised (534,430). When I saw that number I was like oh my gosh, this would have not been done within a week. If no one donated that much cash, we would still be outta the range of the amount needed to give out after the final was over. After a few hours, I got a message from DeathBringer asking me to be a streamer/moderator for the tournament. I quickly responded with a YESSS! Then few minutes later, he answered saying you will have fun. As time went on, I was preparing myself to stream/commentate during the matches in the tournament. I was glad that I wasn’t going to be alone throughout this because I knew I’d have Sterben, DB, and Star as the ones that would help out if I needed something or if I couldn’t stream. It was really great to show how I appreciate this community, where as in I was in 2014 being just a average player.  As time quickly moved on and the first match of the tournament started, I wouldn’t expected how it would go as we went live for the first time either on mine or Star’s YouTube channels. As the matches and the tournament went on me and Star gain lots experience when we both streamed. Mostly Star streamed because I wasn’t able to be in most of them due to being at work and scheduling complications personal things do come first.I just want to give her a big shoutout for all of she has done including all of the streams she had to do while I was away and I just couldn’t have done it without her I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOU HAVE DONE STAR <3! One thing I really done to help out is the timezones, those things can get really annoying, plus one time where me and Star started a match one hour before it was supposed to start! The final was really fun and I enjoyed every minute of it, congratulations to everyone that participated in it and to you xPsycho the Warmerise Legend!!

Being a part of this staff really definitely showed me how to interact with the community and viewers. I will get better and one day I’ll be like the likes of Chrono and DB.

Hope to see you in the next tournament!

Your Favorite Rapper/Friend

Matty :D

Don't just thank me, thank my main co-commentator as well! Shoutout to LittleFirefly! :D <3