Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

New bug/cheat

• 429 posts
    March 6, 2020 4:48 AM PST

paco42 said:

This is a server issue. We have seen this on multiple maps, where all players kept "falling through" in certain spots. Sometimes, it is "gifted" to only one player. In any case, this is the server doing it. The server needs the reboot, not your client.

It isn't really a "Gift". It makes you unable to go up stairs or ramps, and if you go through the floor, you fall into the killbox and die. It has nothing to do with the server.

• 164 posts
    March 6, 2020 6:43 AM PST

We call it "irony" or "sarcasm". It's the server making you fall through. Your client has no saying in that. This was only fixed by closing/restarting the servers.

This post was edited by paco42 at March 6, 2020 6:43 AM PST
  • March 6, 2020 7:16 AM PST

paco42 said:

We call it "irony" or "sarcasm". It's the server making you fall through. Your client has no saying in that. This was only fixed by closing/restarting the servers.

It is a bug I believe.

• 507 posts
    March 6, 2020 7:42 AM PST
    Gift was in quotation marks to indicate that it was sarcasm.

Something is happening with the map files not getting loaded properly, which has nothing to do with the server, as starscream said. If it were a server issue, everyone would be able to fall through the same surface instead of just one person. The server does not control what objects have collision, this is a problem that is exclusively local.

Bluetoonyoshi has suggested that clearing your cookies for warmerise.com will force the game to redownload those maps and will temporarily resolve that problem.
    This post was edited by chronospectrum at March 6, 2020 7:44 AM PST
    • 507 posts
    March 6, 2020 7:55 AM PST
    The server is responsible for:
    Server variables (tdm, time remaining etc)
    Telling clients when they receive damage (though hit detection is client side)
    Communicating player stats (position, hp, equipped weapon) to other players when they change on the local client.

The client (your game, basically) is responsible for:
    Rendering
    Calculating collisions
    Movement (which is then sent to the server)
    Damage dealt to others
    I think it controls player state (dead/alive/spawn protected) but I'm not certain

So again, this is not a server problem, the server doesn't control what is solid to the player and what is not.
    • 164 posts
    March 6, 2020 8:45 AM PST

As I have stated before, most often everybody falls through. Only sometimes, this is specific to a single player or team.

• 507 posts
    March 6, 2020 9:38 AM PST
    Everyone falls through things because *the bug exists in everyone's client.* If this issue were caused by the servers, then everyone would fall through the exact same places because the server thinks that that section of the floor had no collision. This does not happen. Instead each player has their own different section of the map that has no collision. This fact alone strongly suggests that it is not a server issue, but a client one. Yoshi's solution of clearing cookies to refresh the map confirms that it is a local client bug.

Everyone has this bug, but that doesn't mean it comes from the server.
    • 164 posts
    March 7, 2020 3:24 AM PST

I witnessed the opposite: multiple players "falling through" on the same spot (and rightfully complaining about it).

• 2 posts
    August 21, 2020 8:47 AM PDT

every time i shoot other players stop moving and i have a chromebook and also it says mainly every time i get in a game a couple minutes later it says kicked for high ping please help me stop this and are these problems bugs, glitches, or lag