Forums » Bugs & Suggestions

WEAPON LOAN

• 64 posts
    May 24, 2020 3:57 PM PDT

Wouldn't it be nice if you could lend a weapon for a defined time to another player?
    I mean, if I want to lend gravity gun or carbine to another player who has an account created, I go to my weapons section and put "lend for 24 hours" as an example. That player can use my weapon, and I receive a% of their points or money ... bad or good idea?

• 141 posts
    May 24, 2020 4:05 PM PDT

Not a good idea. People would just beg you to let them use your weapons.

• 64 posts
    May 24, 2020 4:09 PM PDT

Ryunosoke said:

Not a good idea. People would just beg you to let them use your weapons.

People live asking for things, weapons, to buy skins, to give them grav gun. Anyway, it would be the same, but now we would have benefits

• 309 posts
    May 26, 2020 8:11 AM PDT
    This game already full of cash, weapon skin and account beggars. Your suggestion only generate this problem to worst scenario.
    • 507 posts
    May 26, 2020 8:36 AM PDT
    I agree that loaning weapons to other players is a bad idea.

However, a daily 1 hour weapon trial makes more sense. Once per day, you could unlock any weapon for free for one hour. After that hour it would lock again. I suppose the game doesn't check your purchased weapons during a game, so players might be able to keep the weapon until they leave the server they're in when the timer expires. Idk, that's a question for max.
    • 22 posts
    May 26, 2020 1:02 PM PDT

And what about farmers? they could lend a lot of weapons to accounts and have all those accounts of other people

• 1 posts
    May 26, 2020 2:08 PM PDT

I agree, beggars kinda ruin the game, but I think this idea could work. It would be a nice way to give newly joined folks some time to experience a weap or other gear before buying it.

• One way would be to give no XP to the user of the weapon, and just "assist" XP to the person who loaned it. That way there is no big incentive to use a loaned weapon for more than just practice.
    • Another way could be anonymous loans. E.g. we loan our weapons to a "pool" and they get distributed via lottery. That way there isn't any person-to-person begging.
    • Yet another way would be that we loan our equipment to a pool and folks can "rent" it for, maybe 5% of the buy cost. They keep it for some time period, then, when it's returned we get some share of the rent.
    • Farming could def be a problem, but if the rewards are kept low, it's unlikely folks would farm.
    • A 1-hour free trial per day (or week) is also a good idea, it could be combined with any of the above.

Even just a more detailed summary of the equipment would help, especially for newbies. For instance, afaik suits are just cosmetic, so are capes except they protect from falling damage? Would be good to know these high-expense items are mostly just for show. Would also be helpful to know that the flamethrower has very short range, that the shotgun damage is per-pellet, not per trigger-pull, etc. But I basically just guess at this stuff or hope to learn it by playing, would be nice to have it spelled out somewhere. 

• 22 posts
    May 26, 2020 2:24 PM PDT

Basically that weapons can be lent but not that a minimum of xp is achieved, or that it is achieved but that it is very little?

• 64 posts
    May 27, 2020 5:42 PM PDT

I understand everyone's opinion and it is interesting. I only suggested something that occurred to me after seeing that many players are good, but they find it difficult to get time and weapons to play. Anyway, hopefully something similar can be done to what I said or what chronospectrum and oldman said, good ideas both of us

• 22 posts
    May 27, 2020 5:45 PM PDT

I agree with your idea and I find it very good, in fact I like it a lot, but you always have to see the farmers, since they are always lurking xD

• 64 posts
    May 27, 2020 5:56 PM PDT

Sentinela said:

I agree with your idea and I find it very good, in fact I like it a lot, but you always have to see the farmers, since they are always lurking xD

Yes, I understand that, although ... How would it affect farmers? In other words, my idea was that, for example, you could give a character a weapon which you have as a friend in common, and you accept a request for a "loan of a weapon" there you choose the number of hours, or days.

• 22 posts
    May 27, 2020 6:05 PM PDT

Put yourself in the place of the farmer, you would give all or almost all your weapons to random players and tell them that those random players play with your weapons, so it is as if you were on different servers collecting XP

• 64 posts
    May 27, 2020 11:44 PM PDT

Ah, I see. You're right ... So there is a limit. one weapon per day, one character. Or 2 weapons per day, for a certain number of hours. Something like that, I guess. That there are limits. I don't knooooooooooooooow. I already missed hahaha