Forums » Custom Skins

Verification Pixels

• December 6, 2021 5:30 PM PST

i use chrome canvas, becuase I use a school computer, and I can't make a skin. HELP

• 3 posts
    December 30, 2021 4:33 PM PST

Umm... Max, see I wanted to purchase this skin and it said ''Error: Suspicious activity detected, unable to purchase this skin'' wth?

This post was edited by TheLawnRangerTM at December 30, 2021 4:35 PM PST
  • January 3, 2022 8:56 PM PST

how to edit skin, send me video anyone.

• 2 posts
    April 18, 2022 5:33 PM PDT

Max said:

UV maps contain 2 verification pixels in the top-left corner. (If your image does not contain such pixels, download the UV map again).

Do not edit or modify those pixels, in order for the skin to be accepted.

How do you not mess with the pixels if you're uploading an image to it? 

• 2 posts
    June 1, 2022 8:21 AM PDT

i need help

• 46 posts
    June 1, 2022 11:53 AM PDT

help for what?

• 250 posts
    November 28, 2022 5:22 PM PST

Lukaser69 said:

this part in the plasma UV skin,it’s part of the cannon, it’s really weird if I don’t edit this part of the plasma ...

tried to verify a skin on the same gun but it didn't work, I put the verification pixels alright. 

I'll try to download the map again as Max says here. Hopefully it works

see this link in the forum to see what I mean https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/3045/skin-verification-not-working-properly

This post was edited by xXBigBadWolFXx at November 28, 2022 5:24 PM PST
    • 19 posts
    April 5, 2023 8:49 AM PDT

i still get this error despite having the verification pixels, how to fix?

• 285 posts
    April 5, 2023 9:48 AM PDT

fatjew22 said:

So you made shure not to cross the pixel. Did you change the size of the downloaded data? Maybe thats the issue?

This post was edited by Lion7 at April 5, 2023 9:48 AM PDT
    • 19 posts
    April 5, 2023 6:40 PM PDT

Lion7 said:

fatjew22 said:

So you made shure not to cross the pixel. Did you change the size of the downloaded data? Maybe thats the issue?

It would've said that the size is not right, so that's not the case.

• 954 posts
    April 5, 2023 7:29 PM PDT
    How I make skins is just go to paint, scribble around with biggest marker and make patterns and cover stuff up. That’s my secret. Look at my “BLASMA” skins.
    • 285 posts
    April 5, 2023 10:34 PM PDT
    fatjew22 said:

Lion7 said:

fatjew22 said:

What kind of editing program do you use? Maybe it's the program. Some changes by opening the fiel the colour settings a bit... Or did you make a longer break before uploading the skin? Maybe close warmerise?
    • 19 posts
    April 6, 2023 4:19 AM PDT

Lion7 said:
    fatjew22 said:

Lion7 said:

fatjew22 said:

What kind of editing program do you use? Maybe it's the program. Some changes by opening the fiel the colour settings a bit... Or did you make a longer break before uploading the skin? Maybe close warmerise?

I use Pixlr, and I have been able to upload to warmerise before after using it.

• 998 posts
    April 6, 2023 9:13 AM PDT
    Zoom to the top left corner until the 2 blue pixels are visible, take a screenshot, and post it here.
    • 998 posts
    April 6, 2023 9:14 AM PDT
    Also, the skin should be uploaded to the corresponding weapon, skins for UMP-40 for example, won't work on different weapons.
    • 19 posts
    April 6, 2023 1:46 PM PDT

Max said: Zoom to the top left corner until the 2 blue pixels are visible, take a screenshot, and post it here.

This is for the STG-12, and I made sure I used the corresponding texture. 

• 954 posts
    April 6, 2023 3:46 PM PDT
    What is the texture? It just looks black
    • 998 posts
    April 6, 2023 4:10 PM PDT
    fatjew22 said:

Max said: Zoom to the top left corner until the 2 blue pixels are visible, take a screenshot, and post it here.

That texture looks incorrect. Go to the create skin and download the archive with texture, then in the editing program, select the corner with the blue pixels and duplicate it into a separate layer, so that part is always on top, that way you can edit the lower layers without worrying about affecting those pixels.
    • 19 posts
    April 6, 2023 4:29 PM PDT

Spacetrooper said: What is the texture? It just looks black

I'm aware, it's just an example so that people don't steal my actual custom texture.

This post was edited by fatjew22 at April 6, 2023 4:31 PM PDT
    • 954 posts
    April 6, 2023 5:08 PM PDT
    Oh ok. WAIT WHAT?!? I researched hours on doing custom skins, and even more on experimenting. And you just tell me “put the pixels in a different layer”. Man that helps me SOOO much! Thanks Max! I was always just scribbling with marker on paint to make camo texture, which looks good but now you might have made it the easiest! I will work on making better skins (if using my UV method works, like what I have shown you in messages for my models)
    • 954 posts
    April 7, 2023 9:33 PM PDT

Max said:
    fatjew22 said:

That texture looks incorrect. Go to the create skin and download the archive with texture, then in the editing program, select the corner with the blue pixels and duplicate it into a separate layer, so that part is always on top, that way you can edit the lower layers without worrying about affecting those pixels.
    @Max I tried to make a skin by my understanding of what you said, but it doesn't work. this is the screenshot of the layers and the pixels.