Warmerise - 2.3.4

This topic has been closed.
    • 998 posts
    March 6, 2017 1:17 PM PST

Update 2

- Added camera drop effect when running in 3rd person
    - Slightly increase weapon drop when running in 1rst person
    - Increased bullet speed by 15%
    - GravityGun, FlameThrower and WarriorBow now have their own "bullet" speed values
    - Added gravity drop to a warrior bow (around 1 degree each second)
    - Fixed issue when sometimes chat messages would stuck half transparent

JpArmia245 said:

@Max i think that you changed the UMP 40 firing sound it seems for me :v

The new UMP40 firing sound is different but it's very similar to a previous one

• 6 posts
    March 6, 2017 1:21 PM PST

The type of running is bad.

• 6 posts
    March 6, 2017 4:28 PM PST
    The previous version with the gravity bug, with the running character was much better
    • 4 posts
    March 6, 2017 7:03 PM PST

Camera drop in third person running is not a good effect. Walking while crouched should be made quieter.

• March 6, 2017 8:10 PM PST

I agree. @dawg @fantasma0 @xztwofacesxz

• Hax
    • 28 posts
    March 7, 2017 12:19 AM PST

Max said:

Update 2

- Added camera drop effect when running in 3rd person
    - Slightly increase weapon drop when running in 1rst person
    - Increased bullet speed by 15%
    - GravityGun, FlameThrower and WarriorBow now have their own "bullet" speed values.
    - Added gravity drop to a warrior bow (around 1 degree each second)
    - Fixed issue when sometimes chat messages would stuck half transparent

Hey Max!

The WarriorBow was my favorite weapon in the game and I used it quite often. But the WarriorBow is completely broken and non-competative now. I feel that the draw time in between shots and the near non-existant zoom was enough to balance the power it had as a standalone weapon. However, with the drop and severely decreased arrow speed, it is now extremely underpowered even as a secondary. It is nearly impossible to aim without luck involved at any distance beyond CQB (where its time between shots already limits it).

However, I do feel that the WarriorBow was fairly overpowered as a secondary, but not because of its mechanics. I feel that a more suitable nerf would have been to significantly decrease the ammo that is provided at spawn -- perhaps 10-15 arrows -- while also increasing the amount of time between shots by increasing the draw time. 

I would love to see a WarriorBow that is once again competative and practical in use. Rather than one that requires so much luck in hitting a moving target. In principle as a bow these two nerfs make sense, but in game terms it makes for imbalance and an experience that is not enjoyable. 

Thanks,

Third

This post was edited by Hax at March 7, 2017 12:27 AM PST
  • March 7, 2017 12:47 AM PST

@Max Great!Update.

• March 7, 2017 3:46 AM PST

Increadible update!

Many positive things. Base and area 56 improvements are great. However, I have one observation about camera drop in 3 person. The most efficient way to run (and is well known) in Warmerise is performing fast movement with shift (pressing a fraction of second and release). With this effect each time you perform this method you will have a headache because camera is moving around many times (each time you release shift the camera will return to the original position and when pressing dropping). In my particular case, I am knifer and is impossible to face enemies with this effect.

Continue with awesome changes!

Klvo

• March 7, 2017 5:40 AM PST

So, to be clear, did FlameThrower,GravityGun and WarriorBow got nerfed or something? Because I really want to buy one of them, and I am not sure if the got nerfed or not (You find really hard a bow or a flamethrower on the ground to test it) and I didnt understand Max's post. So did they got nerfed or not? Thank you, pls dont hate me.

• 6 posts
    March 7, 2017 6:31 AM PST

Camera drop effect when running in 3rd person it's bad :/

• 8 posts
    March 7, 2017 6:49 AM PST

This uptade is really good, good job Max. But the 3rd person running now is very bad xd please delete it.

If youdo it i gonna be so happy :)

• 82 posts
    March 7, 2017 9:57 AM PST

Really good update but camera drop in 3rd mode is kinda bad.It's hard hard to play in 3rd mode.Would be better if you delete it or make an option to disable it.

• 8 posts
    March 7, 2017 10:28 AM PST

Yeah a option there you can disable and enable the 3rd running drop is a good idea!

• 1 posts
    March 7, 2017 11:02 AM PST

Max just loves to nerf everything doesn't he? TBH the game totally sucks now. It's a dried-up husk of what it once was. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude and focus on the good things (the friends I've made) but it's like Max keep punching me in the gut with each update.

• March 7, 2017 11:16 AM PST

@Max Can you fix one thing!!!

Can you make "Left handed mode" visible while you are pressing on B button?? Like Third person?? its better than useing options!

• 283 posts
    March 7, 2017 11:41 AM PST
    @Amigo922
    He is nerfing things for the sake of bringing a fair play that most people wish to have in this game. Besides, most to near all of his actions are done per users demands and not solely on his own decisions.
    That's why public testings are held, so that players can test the changes before it releases and give their personal review and suggest for amendment (if required). I've seen Max acting upon all the eligible suggestions that were possible. So basically, all these changes are not just his 'decision' but this is what most of the community agree/suggest/request for. Explain what you have against any of recent change with logical reasoning. If it will be eligible and the community agree, I'm sure Max will make it happen (if possible) just as he have acted upon many other suggestions that people made.
    • 4 posts
    March 7, 2017 1:12 PM PST

Running in 3rd person is extemely difficult now. Most people do not simply hold the shift button down to run. They tap it rapidly and in it's current form is next to impossible unless you want a headache. I personally play mostly in 3rd person and as of this new update find it next to impossible to do with the camera drop.

The new walk, run, and walking while crouching sound effects should be adjusted to match the action the player is doing. In it's current form they all sound the same. Crouch walking should be much quieter as it is meant to be a stealthier way of moving. Walking should probably be left the way it is now and running could be left alone to or maybe tweaked a little.

I am not a fan of the update to the gravity gun but doubt it will get changed back however, I think the number of shots should be raised back to it's original number which was 35 if I am not mistaken. Those of us that mainly play The Road rely on the GG to get around as it is a fairly large map.

• 6 posts
    March 7, 2017 1:53 PM PST

Enable and disable the type of running is a good idea! :)

• 998 posts
    March 7, 2017 6:17 PM PST

So I was about to release a new update with fixes based on feedback, but apparently FireFox just released a new update where WebPlayer (NPAPI) was removed completely.
    So tomorrow I will be porting Warmerise to WebGL, which is really exciting because it is supported by all major browsers, so players wouldn't have to install different browser or plugin to play the game.
    Unfortunately WebGL is still a new technology so performance is a bit lower compared to Unity Web Player, but it's improving with each update

• 2 posts
    March 8, 2017 3:38 AM PST

pls I can't play warmerise but I have already downlow unity

• March 8, 2017 4:41 AM PST

Max said:

So I was about to release a new update with fixes based on feedback, but apparently FireFox just released a new update where WebPlayer (NPAPI) was removed completely.
    So tomorrow I will be porting Warmerise to WebGL, which is really exciting because it is supported by all major browsers, so players wouldn't have to install different browser or plugin to play the game.
    Unfortunately WebGL is still a new technology so performance is a bit lower compared to Unity Web Player, but it's improving with each update

@Max Ho Yeah!

• 82 posts
    March 8, 2017 7:19 AM PST
    Max said:

So basically You're going to port it back to the lagfest we had to deal with earlier this year
    • 14 posts
    March 8, 2017 2:02 PM PST

Great work Max....now just one major update to do.... give RPG some real power to take down jets and hummers!

• 8 posts
    March 8, 2017 10:09 PM PST

Welp, the bow is useless now. Time to migrate back to other games again.

• 610 posts
    March 30, 2017 3:29 PM PDT

XzTwoFacesXz said:

Enable and disable the type of running is a good idea! :)

Big letters, lol. :D