Forums » Custom Maps

Destructible Objects

• 998 posts
    June 9, 2022 5:55 PM PDT

This is a quick tutorial on how to add destructible objects to your map.

The quick menu for creating destructible objects will be added in the next Export Package update.

1. Create a new GameObject inside '_AllPoints' and call it Destructibles

2. Create a new GameObject inside Destructibles and give it any name (NOTE: You can include surface keywords for different hit particles and footstep sounds (Wood, Metal, Glass), for example: Naming it 'Box' will treat it as the default surface, and naming it 'Box_Wood', will treat it as wood surface, Box_Metal as metal, Box_Glass as glass, etc. For this tutorial, I will use the name Box_Wood.

3. Create a new GameObject inside Box_Wood and name it as a number between 0 and 1000 (this a damage that will be required for destroying a variant). The order of the objects inside Box_Wood is important, meaning the first object will be activated at the start, this is a version for the undamaged object, the object after that is damaged, and the last object is fully destroyed. You can have between 2 and infinite stages of destruction.

4. Place the models inside each variant and make sure the objects have colliders, otherwise, no damage could be done to them. You can also place empty objects with AudioSource components per each variant, so the audio is played when the variant is activated, and an object with Particle System component so the particles are played when the variant is activated. Make sure the position of the model of each variant matches, so the destruction looks seamless.

Box_Wood
    |_100 (Undamaged variant)
    |__Box Model (3D model with a collider)
    |_100 (Damaged variant)
    |__Box Model (3D model with a collider, damaged variation)
    |__Destruction Audio (With Audio Source component) [Optional, but recommended]
    |__Destruction Particle (With Particle System component) [Optional, but recommended]
    |_0 (Final variant/destroyed)
    |__Box Model (3D model with a collider, destroyed variation) [Optional]
    |__Destruction Audio (With Audio Source component) [Optional, but recommended]
    |__Destruction Particle (With Particle System component) [Optional, but recommended]

Example of destructible vent structure from this video: https://youtu.be/qS_PNyzbyFU

P.S. In the future also planning to add support for Animations as well, giving the option for a more cinematic destruction sequence.

Test the map here: https://warmerise.com/pages/RedvsBlue

Let me know if you encounter any bugs or issues.

This post was edited by Admin at November 15, 2022 11:43 AM PST
  • June 10, 2022 6:09 PM PDT

Hey max, can you add new gameplay features and all that stuff because custom map updates are basically useless to me because I don't know how to make maps or I don't have any things that can make them.

• 19 posts
    November 15, 2022 7:13 AM PST

make it free

• 998 posts
    November 15, 2022 8:32 AM PST
    CuteFox45 said:

make it free

Make what free?
    • 1144 posts
    November 15, 2022 9:12 AM PST

CuteFox45 said:

make it free

make it tree

• 509 posts
    November 15, 2022 9:26 AM PST

CuteFox45 said:

make it free

make it tea

• 19 posts
    November 15, 2022 11:14 AM PST

i meant make the game public the beta testing page

• 998 posts
    November 15, 2022 11:44 AM PST

CuteFox45 said:

Destructible objects are now working on the Play Now page, forgot to update the post.

• 19 posts
    November 15, 2022 1:16 PM PST

plze

• 19 posts
    November 15, 2022 1:17 PM PST

that  the only way can play with yall

• 19 posts
    November 17, 2022 7:10 AM PST

Max said:

CuteFox45 said:

Destructible objects are now working on the Play Now page, forgot to update the post.

plze make it the original that is the only way i can play ok

• 19 posts
    November 21, 2022 7:22 AM PST

plze max make it the original

This post was edited by CuteFox45 at November 21, 2022 7:22 AM PST