• 281 posts
    June 11, 2017 11:54 AM PDT
    Me join
    • 281 posts
    June 11, 2017 11:57 AM PDT
    Oh so i need a team or what :v
    • 507 posts
    June 11, 2017 1:15 PM PDT

I have already volunteered to stream and commentate this event, which I'm still more than happy to do so long as it doesn't interfere with my work schedule. Additionally, if it happens that there aren't enough competitors I will volunteer to compete as a member of a team throughout the tournament.

Side note, I like dividing NA and EU into different zones except for finals, that's a neat way of solving both the latency and the scheduling issues.

• 283 posts
    June 11, 2017 2:12 PM PDT
    Do you have any discord server for this tournament? If so, can you attach it's link (the one that never expires).
    • 115 posts
    June 11, 2017 3:13 PM PDT

DeathBringer908 said: Do you have any discord server for this tournament? If so, can you attach it's link (the one that never expires).

DB actually call me and old school but i don´t use discord, However you can create one, you have my blessing xd ;)

• 115 posts
    June 11, 2017 3:13 PM PDT

chronospectrum said:

I have already volunteered to stream and commentate this event, which I'm still more than happy to do so long as it doesn't interfere with my work schedule. Additionally, if it happens that there aren't enough competitors I will volunteer to compete as a member of a team throughout the tournament.

Side note, I like dividing NA and EU into different zones except for finals, that's a neat way of solving both the latency and the scheduling issues.

can´t tell how much your support is welcome Chrono

thx for the side note happy that you liked ;)

This post was edited by Manager at June 11, 2017 3:49 PM PDT
    • 115 posts
    June 11, 2017 3:14 PM PDT

EpicTroll2 said: Oh so i need a team or what :v

yes epic you need more 3 players, read the rules bro ;)

• June 11, 2017 3:21 PM PDT

So we can fight then?

• 115 posts
    June 11, 2017 3:28 PM PDT

This post was edited by Manager at June 27, 2017 2:11 PM PDT
    • 259 posts
    June 11, 2017 3:57 PM PDT

Thinking of taking part in this. (32 teams it's like in FIFA World Cup)

This post was edited by mattyspectrum at June 11, 2017 3:58 PM PDT
  • June 12, 2017 4:13 AM PDT

maybe i'll re-start playing after this

• 115 posts
    June 12, 2017 4:22 AM PDT

• 186 posts
    June 12, 2017 6:41 AM PDT

As I've been part of the organizers of a tournament in the past I want to give some tips, but of course they are just my opinion and you can run it in any way you want.

1. I don't know why the Standalone version is not being used, the performance is quite better than WebGL's and in case Unity Web Player is being used I don't know why is that because it has been removed a lot of times and maybe by the time the tournament is happening it is removed again. Standalone gives good FPS and ping to mostly everyone and it's how most game are ran.

2. Prize, this is just an idea that I got after finishing last year's Warmerise World Cup, and maybe on a future event it would be nice to see that. To give this event and the game in general a more eSport-ish look we could give real money to the winners like idk maybe using paypal. Not talking about big prize pools like famous games but instead of spending 3-4 dollars on in-game Cash. There could be a 20 dollars prize pool and each player from the winning team gets 5 dollars. Or maybe without needing one of the organizers to put his money on it and making a fund prize pool where anyone can give whatever amount of money he/she wants. Paladins for example has weekly 150 dollars tournaments which make the game more known for its competitive scene and far more played. Not saying this game would have to start with that quantity but maybe start somewhere like 20-30 dollars.

3. Don't understand the ties rule. If the games are a best of 2 there is no way they can tie with a different score. If one team scores 10-5 away, in order to tie the other one has to do 10-5 as well or otherwise it wouldn't be a tie so I don't really understand the point of that rule. (Rule number 11)

And nothing else to add. Good to see some people with initiative, hope the tournament goes well. And best of luck running it :)

• 115 posts
    June 12, 2017 8:28 AM PDT

Erlaanz said:

As I've been part of the organizers of a tournament in the past I want to give some tips, but of course they are just my opinion and you can run it in any way you want.

1. I don't know why the Standalone version is not being used, the performance is quite better than WebGL's and in case Unity Web Player is being used I don't know why is that because it has been removed a lot of times and maybe by the time the tournament is happening it is removed again. Standalone gives good FPS and ping to mostly everyone and it's how most game are ran.

2. Prize, this is just an idea that I got after finishing last year's Warmerise World Cup, and maybe on a future event it would be nice to see that. To give this event and the game in general a more eSport-ish look we could give real money to the winners like idk maybe using paypal. Not talking about big prize pools like famous games but instead of spending 3-4 dollars on in-game Cash. There could be a 20 dollars prize pool and each player from the winning team gets 5 dollars. Or maybe without needing one of the organizers to put his money on it and making a fund prize pool where anyone can give whatever amount of money he/she wants. Paladins for example has weekly 150 dollars tournaments which make the game more known for its competitive scene and far more played. Not saying this game would have to start with that quantity but maybe start somewhere like 20-30 dollars.

3. Don't understand the ties rule. If the games are a best of 2 there is no way they can tie with a different score. If one team scores 10-5 away, in order to tie the other one has to do 10-5 as well or otherwise it wouldn't be a tie so I don't really understand the point of that rule. (Rule number 11)

And nothing else to add. Good to see some people with initiative, hope the tournament goes well. And best of luck running it :)

1. agree with you that standalone has a great performance, however its still a little ruff around the edges, some bugs and glitches, for example, on the dustland map its missing the ladder to the tower. Another reason is the fact that we still don't have much players using it, implying the necessity to install standalone to play the tournament would be a turn-off, but i see your idea, and if things turn out good and a merge occurs we'll use standalone obviously :)

2. that's an interesting idea, i'll defenetly give a look into that for the future

3.you're totally right, at the time writing that one i was thinking it has a TDM mode xd thx for the look out! ;)

hope to see you at the tournament

This post was edited by Manager at June 12, 2017 10:35 AM PDT
    • 115 posts
    June 12, 2017 10:40 AM PDT

• 186 posts
    June 12, 2017 10:47 AM PDT

Manager said:

Erlaanz said:

1. agree with you that standalone has a great performance, however its still a little ruff around the edges, some bugs and glitches, for example, on the dustland map its missing the ladder to the tower. Another reason is the fact that we still don't have much players using it, implying the necessity to install standalone to play the tournament would be a turn-off, but i see your idea, and if things turn out good and a merge occurs we'll use standalone obviously :)

2. that's an interesting idea, i'll defenetly give a look into that for the future

3.you're totally right, at the time writing that one i was thinking it has a TDM mode xd thx for the look out! ;)

hope to see you at the tournament

Oh I get it, so many people didn't install Standalone yet. Now I understand, thanks :)

• 283 posts
    June 12, 2017 11:53 AM PDT
    @Erlaanz who's the current most authorized person of WWC server? I'm hoping it's you. I sent you a DM and a request, you might didnt saw that or whatever the reason why you didnt responded. But, we were thinking if we can reuse WWC server for this tournament. If that's okay with you, then can you give admin authority to any of the leading staff of this tournament?
    • 21 posts
    June 12, 2017 1:48 PM PDT

Hello manager

I have noticed that they have been talking about the development and rules of the tournament ...
    Then I would like to know then:
    - The servers where the tournaments are carried out will be TDM or Elimination?
    - Will the use of grenades and mines be allowed? (I know that tomahawk will not be allowed)

As for the subscription of the team:
    - Is it necessary for all players to send you an email confirming your participation? Or it is only necessary that a member does it, in this case the captain of the team does it
    - I do not understand very well how to represent a clan, the players represent the team or the clan?

I hope a prompt reply, Thanks

• 186 posts
    June 12, 2017 3:00 PM PDT

DeathBringer908 said: @Erlaanz who's the current most authorized person of WWC server? I'm hoping it's you. I sent you a DM and a request, you might didnt saw that or whatever the reason why you didnt responded. But, we were thinking if we can reuse WWC server for this tournament. If that's okay with you, then can you give admin authority to any of the leading staff of this tournament?

I do not have access to the account that owned the server anymore :(

• 283 posts
    June 12, 2017 3:49 PM PDT
    New server then, I guess.
    • 91 posts
    June 12, 2017 5:10 PM PDT
    @HADSONG It is essential that all players of a team send a confirmation message. Therefore, we can prevent the problem of a captain putting a player on their team without consent from said player.
    This post was edited by Brian at June 12, 2017 5:11 PM PDT
    • 115 posts
    June 13, 2017 8:37 AM PDT

HADSONG said:

Hello manager

I have noticed that they have been talking about the development and rules of the tournament ...
    Then I would like to know then:
    - The servers where the tournaments are carried out will be TDM or Elimination?
    - Will the use of grenades and mines be allowed? (I know that tomahawk will not be allowed)

As for the subscription of the team:
    - Is it necessary for all players to send you an email confirming your participation? Or it is only necessary that a member does it, in this case the captain of the team does it
    - I do not understand very well how to represent a clan, the players represent the team or the clan?

I hope a prompt reply, Thanks

-the servers will be in elimination mode;

-mines and grenades are allowed, every gun that isn´t mentioned in the "don´t allowed area" are available to use;

-the 4 members need to send me an application due to brian's explanation;

note->the captain necessaraly needs to send me a message according to the guidelines, the others are advised to do so
    (just need a confirmation that they're aware that they're on the team)

-for example, a clan can send a team (or more than 1) representing him, imagine that you want to represent a clan, you and your team can go to the tournament wearing the clan's name tag (with the clan's owner aproval) so a team can also go clanless.

more questions? send me a DM

happy to help :)

This post was edited by Manager at June 14, 2017 10:56 PM PDT
    • 28 posts
    June 13, 2017 10:03 AM PDT

To be honest, I don't fully agree with all rules, but I can deal with it. Not sure if I'll fight. Gonna see if a team shows up eventually.

• 281 posts
    June 13, 2017 10:29 AM PDT
    Chell said:

To be honest, I don't fully agree with all rules, but I can deal with it. Not sure if I'll fight. Gonna see if a team shows up eventually.

Trust me this tournament will fail before it could even start. They really think they can get 32 teams to participate lel :v i dont really think there are that much player in warmerise atm