Forums » General

Is the Blastgun over looked?

• 13 posts
    October 30, 2017 11:09 AM PDT

I honstly have no idea why so many people overlook the blastgun and go straight to other weapons why I believe this is because of the following reasons

1. the blastgun at close couters completely melts enemies for me they go from full health to none in 1.5 to 2 seconds

2. I have no problem at far distance, the recoil is very predictable and easy to control sometimes I can melt enemies from a far

3. The ammo capacity is no problem and the bullets in the chamber is a pretty good amount in my opinion it takes 1/3 of the clip to kill an enemy if you're a good shot

What are you're opinions??

• 609 posts
    October 30, 2017 3:46 PM PDT

agree...its my main gun too 

despite on terms of dmg being "low" compared to carbine and g36 i think it wins both in recoil and fire rate

• 610 posts
    October 30, 2017 6:27 PM PDT

The blastgun isn't terrible at all. But that doesn't mean that its my best/favorite weapon. It shoots pretty fast (like said above) and has some real potential. It's a good gun imao.

(BTW, G36 is my favorite gun of course)

• 172 posts
    October 28, 2021 9:41 PM PDT

• 172 posts
    October 28, 2021 9:42 PM PDT

• 20 posts
    October 31, 2021 6:47 PM PDT

This is sick skin!

• 652 posts
    November 6, 2021 1:57 AM PDT

blastgun can be one of the very few guns capable of beating vector and carbine if you aim good, it literally destroys everything within 2 seconds if at least 50% of the bullets shot hit the target

• 507 posts
    November 6, 2021 2:12 AM PDT

idk how I missed this thread, the blastgun is my favorite weapon in the game, full stop. 

Play to its strengths: 
    -Unparalleled fire rate
    -insane hipfire accuracy
    -effectively zero recoil

Mitigate its weaknesses:
    -Low ammo capacity means at most two kills per magazine
    -uncommon weapon, so you usually can't pick up a dropped blastgun for more ammo
    -LONG reload. Seriously, the blastgun is the second longest reload of all primary weapons, being "beaten" only by the MiniG. If this reload was reduced, it would instantly become a top-tier weapon competitive with the Vector/Carbine/G36 trio.

Also I would kill to have the old blastgun model back

• 652 posts
    November 6, 2021 2:40 AM PDT

wait what i thought all primary guns have the same reload time besides minigun and flamethrower?

• 507 posts
    November 6, 2021 3:54 AM PDT

Phyz1kaL said:

wait what i thought all primary guns have the same reload time besides minigun and flamethrower?

About four years ago, I sat down and timed the reload speed and fire rate of every single gun in the game. I've spent the last 2 hours looking for it and I cannot find it anywhere. So yes, weapons have different reload times, but I cannot prove that.

• November 6, 2021 6:55 AM PDT
    I think when you are able to make many headshots with BlastGun, it‘s very easy to play with it. And that‘s also the reason why most of the people pick up the weapon. Because it‘s not the weapon which makes you good. It‘s the player who makes the weapon looking good and OP. Thats what i think.
  • November 6, 2021 10:17 AM PDT

Its too loud for me.

• 2097 posts
    November 6, 2021 11:41 AM PDT

G36 and Blastgun are my favorites by far.

• 491 posts
    November 6, 2021 12:24 PM PDT

The vectorx would be the best by far if it had more hammos .

• 33 posts
    November 6, 2021 12:34 PM PDT

Wolfseeker said:

Wow Nc Skin!

• 60 posts
    November 6, 2021 1:09 PM PDT

Phyz1kaL said:

-______-

• 172 posts
    November 6, 2021 5:47 PM PDT

Delta Blastgun Available in the Armory.

• 652 posts
    November 6, 2021 11:09 PM PDT

thats a cool skin but i suggest you to not post here, try to find any advertising skins topic instead..

• 2097 posts
    November 6, 2021 11:11 PM PDT

Yeah this isn't really meant to be a forum for advertisements.

• 33 posts
    November 7, 2021 2:55 AM PST

Cool Skin Cool Skin!!