Forums » Help & Tips

Map Makers rejoice!

• 93 posts
    February 21, 2018 8:05 AM PST

I thought I might share this...

As some of you may already know, ProCore's ProBuilder and ProGrids are now an official Unity property.
    They will be natively implemented into the Unity 2018.X cycle via the new Package Manager... free for
    everyone (even for Unity Personal users). A more in-depth article exists on the official Unity Blog here.

Now this is good news for custom map makers!

I just tested it in-game yesterday with an empty scene, containing only a cube made with ProBuilder. The cube
    was showing and so was the standard grid material on it. (So it seems to work in Warmerise).

ProBuilder is available on the Asset Store and supports "Unity 5.6.0, 2017.1.0, 2017.2.0, and 2017.3.0":
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/probuilder-111418

• 610 posts
    February 22, 2018 10:02 AM PST

That's interesting. 

• 284 posts
    February 22, 2018 10:45 AM PST
    Yeah I did used the probuilder and it do works successfully on warmerise. Just need to get my hands on the tools properly. It's a way convenient thing to use, makes a lot hard tough easy.
    • 507 posts
    February 22, 2018 12:22 PM PST
    Quick note, the asset store versions will receive no further updates. Those are the final versions. If you want any future updates and features, you'll need to move to the unity 2018 beta. For now though, there are no new features, so go nuts with the asset store versions :)
    • 254 posts
    February 25, 2018 5:59 PM PST

Cool! Never tried them before but I'll check it out and see if those tools are compatable with my brain. LOL

THANKS!

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at February 25, 2018 5:59 PM PST