Forums » General

• 1 posts
    January 16, 2017 9:56 PM PST

The best map gone now ;-;

I forgot what it was called, and tbh it was a crappy map but it was a red and a blue base in the sky. Amazing times i had there.... ahah

• January 17, 2017 3:51 AM PST
    You mean.. Custom Maps?
    • 26 posts
    January 18, 2017 9:37 AM PST

Warmerise just needs Custom Map to reach again the same carcinogenic level it was.

#BringBackCustomMaps #Cancer #NoLife

• January 18, 2017 5:15 PM PST
    Plz no Custom Maps. It ruined the gameplay for me. #MyOpinion #NoHate
    • 21 posts
    January 21, 2017 8:07 AM PST

I love custom maps.

• 14 posts
    January 30, 2017 1:00 AM PST

C'moooooooooooooooooon, gotta bring custom maps back! Helps the community be part of it all! & some where as good or better than the mains.... C'mon,Maxwell; open up the system!

• 254 posts
    January 30, 2017 8:27 AM PST

Rubber Ducky, you're the one. You make MURDER time so much fun.

Yeah, I'd like to see the custom maps brought back too. I still have the ones I made ready to upload, though I think I'd only put Rubber Ducky and D&D's Murder Isle up. I wasn't too happy with the first one.

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at January 30, 2017 8:28 AM PST
    • 328 posts
    January 30, 2017 9:44 AM PST

According to Max, custom maps might be back in Warmerise 2. But, I'm not sure if he will be adding custom maps since they don't work well with WebGl

• 14 posts
    January 30, 2017 10:48 PM PST

There's gotta be a way or a bridge to the Webgl system to make Maps compatible....; & workable.... New Warm will be lacking if CM's aren't possible. We need the community to be involved... Research guys! There has to be a way.....

• 328 posts
    January 31, 2017 5:29 AM PST
    Community will be involved once custom skins are out
    • 14 posts
    January 31, 2017 5:39 AM PST

Skins? You mean the wearable uniform? Great...(buy a cape) But maps need to functional, they add so much more to the game than the random same old same old....MAXWELL can you hear us?!!

• January 31, 2017 5:52 AM PST

Skins, as in weapon skins.

• February 5, 2017 7:34 AM PST

Maybe you talking about Zone A... btw in my opinion Max shouldn't add custom maps. At now Warmerise doesn't have enough players to using main maps!!

• 609 posts
    February 5, 2017 8:28 AM PST

Tbh custom maps were pretty cool However there were some several problems to it, maps that were only made to gain Xp giving advantage to some teams more than other, just plain stupid maps, out of contest maps (this is sci-fi so a big rubber duck doesnt go very well), people haded some maps that were from other games so my pinion is this

IF Max bring custom maps there can only be a few (like 2/3 and it would be more like and help to him than to post the maps from ourselves)

People should like do a scketch of the map that they were thinkin or creating it on unity following certain rules, then it would go to Max and he would decide if the maps were good enough

• 14 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:48 AM PST

.....I agree w/ STERBEN....there were some stupid maps created in the last development but if a map is dumb, it doesn't get played; if it's advantageous to another team, it gets booted; and "haded" from other games, disqualified; agreeable that Maxwell should have final judgement.... But the number of players is inconsequential; more maps would increase gameplay & boost of playership would follow. And 'sci-fy' themed shouldn't be a judgement if the  map is fun to play... But all this is moot if it's never considered & realized... C'mon people, you kno you want them, what's the reasoning that so many were created last time. & I'll add; some were really challenging & fun.... Finally, do you want a community here or just another play-site....

• 14 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:03 AM PST

I agree, the custom maps made all the difference between a game that was in danger of losing players because of bordom with the stock maps, and a game that that was revitalised and made a lot more interesting to its players.

I also agree that some of the custom maps were shockingly c.r.a.p. Rubber Ducky being one that particularly stands out in my mind (sorry if I'm treading on toes BlueDragonFire).

So, yes, please bring back the custom maps as I can feel the beginnings of bordom setting in with only the stock maps to play in.

• 254 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:31 AM PST

J4ZLK2ES said:

I agree, the custom maps made all the difference between a game that was in danger of losing players because of bordom with the stock maps, and a game that that was revitalised and made a lot more interesting to its players.

I also agree that some of the custom maps were shockingly c.r.a.p. Rubber Ducky being one that particularly stands out in my mind (sorry if I'm treading on toes BlueDragonFire).

So, yes, please bring back the custom maps as I can feel the beginnings of bordom setting in with only the stock maps to play in.

Well, no one's going to like everything I do so I'm not going to hate just because someone didn't like my big Rubber Duck. I made it for fun and got a lot of compliments on it. My first one was okay, but didn't really come out all that great, IMO. My 3rd one {D&D's MURDER Isle} was my real pride & joy {though it was decidedly unfinished}.

I'm really hoping to bring it back - as well as Rubber Ducky {fair warning}.

As for whether or not a custom map stays, I don't think it should be left up to the entire community to vote on. Too many people took advantage of the ability to score them, downvoting others just to promote their own {or friends'} maps. Though I don't really know of a fair way to choose which maps would stay and which removed. If it's only Max's decision then I'm pretty sure he's going to be getting masses of PM's complaining about this map or that. And, really, if a map is being played in consistently that tells more than a community vote ever could.

Just an idea, but maybe if the Clan leaders were to be some sort of advisory committee/council. Given a set of criteria to judge by they'd give their recommendations to Max - whether in PM or perhaps even in a private section of the forum that only they and Max would have access to.

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at February 11, 2017 8:34 AM PST
    • 14 posts
    February 11, 2017 11:06 AM PST

Loose the "voting" & count how many times the map is played.... Those that aren't; have the Mods delete them... & I wouldn't worry about Maxwell getting PM's; think he's probably use to them by now.....(if he reads them...) WebGL is a subject we should talk about here....

• 2 posts
    July 13, 2021 11:41 AM PDT

I love Warmerrise!

• 2 posts
    October 26, 2021 2:14 PM PDT

Same

• 373 posts
    • 2 posts
    December 3, 2021 5:48 PM PST

What map is the first video