Forums » Custom Maps

i3slkiller's maps

• 74 posts
    September 19, 2018 10:03 AM PDT

i3slkiller's maps

INFO: All my maps are in the first post! 

Winter 2016 (last update: 2019-07-05)

Allowed weapons: ALL

Version 2 (2019-07-05):

● added previously removed snow particle

TheIsland2 2016 (last update: 2018-09-29)

Only Sniper 2018 (first release: 2018-09-16) (last update: 2019-01-01)¹

Allowed weapons: L115A3, PlasmaGun, RailRifle, USP, PulsePistol, Revolver, WarriorBow, TrapMine, Knife, BrassKnuckless, Katana

Version 2 (2019-01-01):

● entress of the spawns is now wider

● slightly moved boxes and increased width cover of the entress

Only Knife 2018 (first release: 2018-09-22) (last update: 2018-11-03) (disabled: 2019-02-27, reason: players didn't play fair on this map, they used this map for XP farming, but I can make private server with this map) (again published: 2019-10-14) (again disabled: 2019-10-14)

Allowed weapons: Knife, BrassKnuckless, Katana

Please don't use any weapons except Knife, Katana and BrassKnuckless on this map because it will be disabled!

Version 2 (2018-10-12):

● improved spawns

Version 3 (2018-10-13):

● fixed "flickering" bug at exit from spawns

Version 4 (2018-11-03):

● added "moving floor" in the corridor leading to the arena

Maze 2018 (first release: 2018-09-27) (last update: 2019-02-21)¹ (disabled: 2022-11-13)

Version 2 (2019-02-21):

● fixed flickering bug on some places

● removed invisible walls for spectators

● removed two walls (one near red base)

Winter 2 2018 (first release: 2018-09-29) (last update: 2019-02-22)

Allowed weapons: ALL

Version 2 (2018-10-20):

● added collisions on the antenna on the wall of the house

● slightly corrected stairs

Version 3 (2019-02-22):

● added light fog in the forest

● fixed bug with 2 flying trees in the forest

TheIsland 2016 (last update: 2022-05-02) (disabled: 2022-02-02) (again published: 2022-04-04) (again disabled: 2022-11-13)

My first map on the old Warmerise season

Version 2 (2018-10-20):

● the ladder is now closer to the tower near the blue spawns

Version 3 (2022-05-02):

● added more TriggerDamages under water to prevent going here, even if one of them won't kill player

Snow War 2019 (first release: 2019-02-20) (disabled: 2022-11-13)

Reproduction of the Snow War map by RickyNeuman (this user not exist now)

Abandoned Village 2019 (first release: 2019-07-03) (last update: 2020-03-29)

This map can load up to 2 minutes, so please be patient. I wonder how to optimize this map. Weapons in the warehouse will be in next update.

Version 2 (2019-07-08):

● now you don't have ability to go out of the map

● added TERMINATOR1000's and donghominhanh123's names and their short texts in the houses

● added more spawnpoints

● fixed some trees

● slightly moved start camera

Version 3 (2019-08-16):

● added xXkillerrXx's name and picture representing him

● fixed tower

● added few UMP-45's in the warehouse

● small bug fixes

Version 3(.1) (2019-08-16):

● barrels were replaced with gates on the pitch

Version 4 (2020-03-26):

● added a door to the house

● added new weapons and crates in the warehouse

Version 4(.1) (2020-03-29):

● added two tanks

TheStreet 2016 (last update: 2019-09-15)

Version 2 (2019-09-08):

● fixed road and some houses

● slightly moved ladder to the tower

Version 2(.1) (2019-09-15):

● changed texture of terrain

● slightly lowered non-drivable cars on the parkings

Winter 3 2019 (first release: 2019-09-04) (last update: 2022-02-09))

Version 2 (2020-03-26):

● slightly lowered bed in the house

● added new campfire

● I also hung a picture of oskar100c on the wall

Version 2(.1) (2020-04-02):

● removed oskar100c's picture (he is suspected of cheating, and I'm not going to portray them on my maps)

● added xXkillerrXx's picture in the tent

Version 3 (2022-02-09):

● resized TriggerDamage to fill whole water

Containers 2020 (first release: 2020-04-07) (last update: 2022-11-12)²

Version 2 (2020-04-10):

● optimized cameras

● moved TV showing blue spawns, in its place putted a turned off TV

● now if you try to go through the gate, you will be killed immediately

Version 3 (2020-12-31):

● replaced container with window for one made by myself

Version 4 (2022-11-12):

● baked lightmaps and added light probes

● replaced inscription boards in frames made using cubes with ones made in Probuilder

● added closures and white lights in containers with tank and inscription

Notes

● In some places you may notice that moving object is too bright for its surroundings.

● Adding light in the above-mentioned containers is workaround of the problem, for which I'm currently looking solution. It manifest itself with too bright moving objects in dark places even if light probes are here.

● It may be caused by existence of separate light probe groups for each object (1 for terrain, 1 for one container, 1 for one wall, 2 for air), but I need to check whether this is indeed case for this reason.

Nightmare Games 2021 (first release: 2021-11-21)

Remake of Nightmare Games map originally made by Alpha117

TheIsland 2022 (first release: 2022-11-30) (last update: 2022-12-15)

This map is modification of deprecated 'TheIsland 2016' map released in year 2016 (as name suggests). I decided release it as new map, because introduce new things nonexistent at this time.

Version 2 (2022-12-15):

● slightly improved performance by removing similar, identical and unnecessary materials

● shortened downtime of UFO to 15 seconds

● slightly corrected flight path of UFO

● tried to fix baked lightmaps on "pipes" in building on the middle

● enlarged tiles and increased height of the shields around them on two towers

● increased height of most of the wooden shields

● fixed models of ladders, blue tables, blue lamps, blue hall, blue base building and tower near hideout 2

● shadows are now baked on ship ladders

Pools about my maps:

2019-07-07 - Players should be able to hide behind mountains...

2018-11-05 - Publish Only Sniper 2018 map?

2018-10-20 - Remove jets on Winter 2 map?

2018-10-01 - What version of Only Sniper map looks better?

¹ - red and blue flags: https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/630/stevie-s-suggestions-ideas/view/post_id/10727

² - I used container with window from here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2813042#Summary. Who knows for which container can I replace existing one?

Maps created by: i3slkiller

This post was edited by i3slkiller at December 15, 2022 12:51 PM PST
    • 998 posts
    September 20, 2018 8:14 AM PDT

Good job on the maps, but unfortunately I had to decline them.

(Winter 2016) The map appears to be very laggy, especially in fullscreen.
    I think it have something to do with Terrain settings, increasing the Pixel Error value should reduce the number of vertices thus improving performance.

(TheIsland2 2016) Same thing as Winter 2016, the game becomes extremelly laggy when looking at certain object, specifically houses.
    It may not be entirely your fault since the game now uses WebGL which is far more limited in terms of performance compared to Web Player (it will improve soon, once multithreading is added).
    How many tris and vertices does the building model has?

(Only Sniper 2018) There is already a similar map, but if there wasn't, it would look better with some textures instead of just red and blue.

Pro Tip: When testing a map, try it in both windowed and fullscreen mode to make sure it does not lag too much in either modes

• 74 posts
    September 20, 2018 9:23 AM PDT

How many tris and vertices does the building model has?

This building consists of 3 parts:

I downloaded this house from here.

• 74 posts
    October 8, 2018 8:04 AM PDT

If you want to play on Only Knife map, please STOP USING GUNS ON THIS MAP!!! Otherwise I will disable this map at Thursday or earlier.

Here is the film which players using guns on this map:

https://warmerise.com/videos/1764/2360/if-you-want-to-play-on-only-knife-map-please-stop-using-guns-on

This post was edited by i3slkiller at October 8, 2018 10:16 AM PDT
  • October 8, 2018 1:04 PM PDT

this is why max needs to put in the option to let maps/server creators allow whichever weapons they want

This post was edited by Deleted Member at October 8, 2018 1:08 PM PDT
    • 115 posts
    October 8, 2018 2:05 PM PDT

maige for what i've heard (and this might be not true tho) that option is coming on the next update, but ofc and good, only on private ones

• arc
    • 2 posts
    April 6, 2021 2:14 PM PDT
    i3sIkiller how come on the map of yours called (Winter 3 2019) when i create a server and search for the map (Winter 3 2019) it doesn't pop up can u reply back to me Asap on warmerise@Kiahkanekoa or my other warmerise account@Kboi27 or my *****@Kiahkanekoa27@outlook.com so get back to me Asap.
    • 74 posts
    February 6, 2022 10:58 AM PST

I think it's time to remind about the existence of this thread...

So, in deleted thread about bringing back TheIsland 2016 map, I explained the reason of disabling this map (looks like a crappy map made by someone, who has just recently started making maps). Also I announced that I will modify this map and release as new map named 'TheIsland 2022' and what I wanted to change on it.

I'll show what I added and changed on this map (it's unfinished yet).

map view blue base red base

building on the middle of the map tunnel 2nd tunnel 'bridge' to the building blue tower middle tower red tower blue base ladders red base ladders new bridges new bridges new bridges

During this time, I came up with some new ideas:
    * UFO flying from blue to red base and vice versa, which can transport one player
    * windows in base buildings that open only from the inside
    * team flags on the high masts
    * seaport on the red team site with the moored ship

What things will definitely changed:
    * blue team base building will have outside walls looking like damaged from old age
    * red team base building will be in sci-fi style
    * more terrain textures will be added
    * spawnpoints will be in base building and nearby

What things may be changed:
    * fence for each base may be added
    * and maybe something else...

What things will definitely *not changed*:
    * size of the map will be the same as before
    * and, of course, there will be no drastic terrain modifications making this map look unlike the original

Any suggestions about this map are welcome (only specifics).

BTW, I have two matters, including not necessarily related to this map:
    1. I have a strange feeling that only first terrain texture is OK, but all the rest are just painting the first texture to the dominant color of these textures (https://vvcap.com/tJYDshpj4 )
    2. Question to Max: Why 'Winter 3 2019' map was removed? (I know it was a long time ago, but I'd rather know)

This post was edited by i3slkiller at February 6, 2022 11:00 AM PST
    • 93 posts
    February 6, 2022 1:04 PM PST

Looks cool so far and your ideas sound nice as well.

Keep in mind that terrain holes are currently not working (as Max said) and god knows when the Map Export tool will be updated, so... your underground tunnel situation might not work.

My suggestions - which may or may not be very pedantic ^^ - would be the following:

- Make use of Lightmapping - it adds a lot to realism. (Though, one problem could be the final file size of the exported map).
    - Scale the ground textures to a reasonable size.
    - Make use of Unity's advanced Terrain Tools functions like Erosion. ICYDK, Unity's Terrain Sample pack has some nice brushes and stuff.

Edit: As for your first matter, this is kinda normal. What we would need is a height-blending shader like this one, but that would require Max to add it to the game... That's also how World of Warcraft does it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SL8mscXA8&t=2052s

This post was edited by DeadArt at February 6, 2022 2:11 PM PST
    • 998 posts
    February 6, 2022 1:17 PM PST

@i3slkiller The map "Winter 3 2019" has been restored, it was removed a while back due to players being able to go under the water. I suspect it was due to a bug with the vehicles which should be fixed now.

EDIT: The issue is that TriggerDamage is smaller than the floor plane, meaning someone could fly on JetShip far enough and be able to walk under the water. In the new update, the water will act as TriggerDamage automatically, without needing to place the other one.

This post was edited by Admin at February 6, 2022 1:25 PM PST
    • 74 posts
    February 9, 2022 1:48 AM PST

Thank you, @DeadArt for suggestions, although I already know the first two of them (I'm going to do that).

- Make use of Unity's advanced Terrain Tools functions like Erosion. ICYDK, Unity's Terrain Sample pack has some nice brushes and stuff.

Maybe I won't necessarily use that on this map, but it will be useful in the next ones, though... I will consider this later

Winter 3 2019 - Version 3 (2022-02-09):

● resized TriggerDamage to fill whole water

This post was edited by i3slkiller at February 9, 2022 2:01 AM PST
    • 74 posts
    April 3, 2022 11:23 PM PDT

Temporarily re-published 'TheIsland 2016' map, it will be available until newer map ('TheIsland 2022') based on this will be published and accepted by others.

I'll show what I changed on this map:

During making this map thought also about adding new few hiding places (some of them are showed on pictures above) and trees mainly on the least visited places.

I will record video showing flying UFO soon.

• 458 posts
    April 5, 2022 3:43 PM PDT

It's very good, keep up the great work and I'm looking forward to Theisland 2.0, thanks again.

• 657 posts
    April 19, 2022 4:29 PM PDT

Max said:

@i3slkiller The map "Winter 3 2019" has been restored, it was removed a while back due to players being able to go under the water. I suspect it was due to a bug with the vehicles which should be fixed now.

EDIT: The issue is that TriggerDamage is smaller than the floor plane, meaning someone could fly on JetShip far enough and be able to walk under the water. In the new update, the water will act as TriggerDamage automatically, without needing to place the other one.

ya me and others were under too

• 657 posts
    April 19, 2022 4:32 PM PDT

also WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW i like it so much i rather rate 50 stars,its so cool

• 74 posts
    May 1, 2022 11:29 PM PDT

TheIsland 2016 - Version 3 (2022-05-02):

● added more TriggerDamages under water to prevent going here, even if one of them won't kill player

EDIT: I will show flying UFO on 'TheIsland 2022' map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrqocuKklO8 - as you can see, it still needs to be improved.

This post was edited by i3slkiller at May 2, 2022 1:42 AM PDT
    • 74 posts
    November 8, 2022 10:03 AM PST

Hello again after a half-year since last post.

On the "new" map (TheIsland 2022 - as if someont didn't know) I've made following changes:
    * changed materials on walls, ceilings and floors of blue and red bases (for easy texture changes)
    * drawn road to enemy base using stone texture
    * deleted parts of terrain under water
    * planted trees
    * drawn stone textures on mountains
    * placed the tower on 1st hideout and near 2nd hideout
    * changed materials hideouts
    * changed materials "hangar" (idk  if this thing in the ground should be called that, but for lack of other ideas, I called it that)
    * crooked tunnel walls
    * modified model of UFO on the middle
    * added shelves in halls
    * in building on the middle added something I call "energy collector", fuel tanks, shields, jet, engines on the corners and hole in the ceiling
    * in building on the middle also changed materials of doors, "pipes", cover of "energy collector"
    * added fragments of gas pipe
    * added damaged house
    * added flags of teams
    * added some small hills and lows on terrain
    * added ladder to roof of red base
    * added destructible cabinet in "hangar" and non-destructible ones in 2nd hideout, red and blue bases
    * added destructible tunnel closures
    * added tables in 2nd hideout, blue and red bases
    * added wooden cubes as shields next to the two bridges
    * added light source on armory spot in tunnel
    * added nuclear bomb near red base
    * added shield on red base roof
    * changed railings on bridge to building on the middle
    * added more spawnpoints
    * added doors in all bases
    * optimized 3D models
    * started placing light probes
    * and few more changes...

Screenshots of this map are here:
    https://gitlab.com/i3slkiller/WMCustomMaps-Images/-/commit/283ac1722dfa71fd6b2afa9fd1eab6b39d81d7cd
    https://gitlab.com/i3slkiller/WMCustomMaps-Images/-/commit/85079053611958b2e475d4cb37b0dd7a18f6cbdd
    https://gitlab.com/i3slkiller/WMCustomMaps-Images/-/commit/956fb6f159c76f8d597b75da3a87a2a799a8867e

Now we will move on to topic regarding my maps.
    According to this thread [https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/2991/upcoming-changes-to-the-approval-process], soon the requirements for the map will be changed. Currently none of my maps meet the requirements and need to be adapted to them. Some maps will be unavailable, because the requirements cannot be met without significant modifications of them (in my case, definitely not under the same name because it contains year of first release).

Example of that map is "TheIsland2 2016". This map have only 3 distinct 3D models. I can add 2 other models, but IMO then this map shouldn't be called that ("2016" in the name obliges), because this change introduce completely new models nonexistent here that year (nor at the latest one year after first map release)*.

It is different if I made minor changes to existing models or replaced them with similar models. In eg. "Winter 2016" I want to replace old electricity poles made using cubes with these similar made in ProBuilder primarily for other map. This case is similar with road signs. These old road signs glued to the pole with glue stick and double-sided tape will be replaced with new looking ones looking screwed to the pole (of course these signs will show the same as now). Obviously baking lightmaps and putting light probes shouldn't be forgotten.

In "TheIsland 2016" map case, I decided that I will modify this map and release as new map (explained it above).

This is my approach to creating new maps and updating existing one. Everyone can do it in their way. Even replace old map with completely different in next update after 10 years, of course under the same name (which I don't recommend).

In brief:
    TheIsland 2016:
    * my first map
    * 2 models - tower and cube
    * disliked because of Vil3 it is piece of sh!t
    * don't care
    * successor: TheIsland 2022

TheIsland2 2016:
    * 3 models - house, pole and bridge

Winter 2016:
    * 19 models - cube, cylinder, cone, tower, tree, house (4), triangle sign, rectangle sign, stop sign, trashcan, fridge, table, bed, PC, TV, light
    * I will take care of this map

Winter 2 2018:
    * 35 models - cube, cylinder, cone, tower, tree (3), triangle sign, rectangle sign, square sign, stop sign, streetlight (2), railing, house (5), fence, snowman, stairs, light, fridge, table, TV, small tower, wall (2), wall with window (2), wall with door (2), roof (2)
    * may be too large

Only Knife 2018:
    * 1 model - cube (weapons don't count)
    * unpublished

Maze 2018:
    * 4 models: cube, container, barrel and box
    * don't care

Only Sniper 2018:
    * 2 models - cube and box (remake have the model made in probuilder divided into two parts - metal part and wooden part)
    * too small

Snow War 2019:
    * 1 model - cube
    * too small
    * disliked because of players farming here
    * don't care
    * after all, such a map can be made by anyone (just place 4 big cubes and floor, walls and invisible ceiling, also with cubes)

Abandoned Village 2019:
    * 67 models - cube, cylinder, cone, wall (3), wall with window (3), wall with door (4), roof (2), chandelier (2), desk, chair, ladder, fridge, oven, table top, bath, toilet, toilet paper, heater, sink, mirror, elevator, stairs (2), bed (2), desk, PC, shelves (2), sofa, TV, ramp, streetlight, ruined house, antenna (3), fence (2), barrel, house (5), ball, bridge, tank, tractor, box (2), stop sign, wheel, trees (7)
    * optimization nightmare, which I created myself, but no one knows about it
    * that damn doors broke again... (some)

TheStreet 2016:
    * 23 models - house (10), tower, tree, road sign (3), car, table, hydrant, TV, bed, some building, barricade, bench

Winter 3 2019:
    * 38 models - house, wood, chair (2), table, bed, desk, laptop, chandelier, sink, fridge, trash can, tower, antenna (2), pipe, jet, tree (3), container, ship, plane, cylinder, sign, cube, tent, ice floe, mountain, ladder, stone, box (3), wall, wall with window, wall with door, roof, stairs
    * I will take care of this map

Containers 2020:
    * 8 models - open and closed containers, container with window, pole, gate, border wall, camera, ramp
    * I will especially take care of this map, because I like it the most out of all the ones I created

Nightmare Games 2021:
    * 1 model - whole map (no, letters don't count)
    * too small (?)

TheIsland 2022:
    * predecessor of TheIsland 2016 map
    * (?)

So,
    * these maps still will be here: Containers 2020, Winter 3 2019, Winter 2016.
    * these maps will rather be disabled: Only Sniper 2018, Nightmare Games 2021.
    * these maps will surely be disabled**: TheIsland 2016***, Maze 2018, Snow War 2019.
    * the rest remains to be considered.

Write what do you think about that.

* - In 2017 there was no way to add custom maps.
    ** - I could have throw in the trash these maps before, but I was too lazy to do it... Maybe I will unpublish them no later than the end of this week. Just why no one complained about it in this thread, hmm.... That's what it's here for.
    *** - But again these threads with title like "Pl3a$e 6r!nG bAcK ˨He IsLaNd 2016 (╥﹏╥)(╥﹏╥)(╥﹏╥)" will appear... But this time I won't restore it, wait for 2022 version instead. It amazes me that for 4 years there was no removal notice of this map.

**** - and I don't like WYSIWYG. Pasting text from Notepad to this textarea creates one-line HTML code, which isn't readable very well.

This post was edited by i3slkiller at November 8, 2022 10:11 AM PST
    • 74 posts
    November 12, 2022 9:53 AM PST

Containers 2020 - Version 4 (2022-11-12):
    ● baked lightmaps and added light probes
    ● replaced inscription boards in frames made using cubes with ones made in Probuilder
    ● added closures and white lights in containers with tank and inscription

Notes
    ● In some places you may notice that moving object is too bright for its surroundings.
    ● Adding light in the above-mentioned containers is workaround of the problem, for which I'm currently looking solution. It manifest itself with too bright moving objects in dark places even if light probes are here.
    ● It may be caused by existence of separate light probe groups for each object (1 for terrain, 1 for one container, 1 for one wall, 2 for air), but I need to check whether this is indeed case for this reason.

EDIT: TheIsland 2016, Maze 2018 and Snow War 2019 from 2022-11-13 (tommorow) will be disabled. Don't ask for not unpublish them, because it will be ignored (unless you give me a convincing reason for not doing this).

This post was edited by i3slkiller at November 12, 2022 10:29 AM PST
    • 998 posts
    November 12, 2022 2:04 PM PST

The updated map looks great, by the way, did you have shadows disabled in the Directional Light before baking? I assume you did that for performance reasons, but now you can enable them before baking the Lightmap, it will give better result while also showing correct lighting inside containers.

Edit: Another possible cause of players looking bright inside containers is because there weren't any light probes placed inside them, the best place to place Light Probes is where the lighting changes from dark to bright and vice versa, plus one light probe in between them.

This post was edited by Admin at November 12, 2022 2:09 PM PST
    • 458 posts
    November 12, 2022 3:29 PM PST

i3slkiller said:

Containers 2020 - Version 4 (2022-11-12):
    ● baked lightmaps and added light probes
    ● replaced inscription boards in frames made using cubes with ones made in Probuilder
    ● added closures and white lights in containers with tank and inscription

Notes
    ● In some places you may notice that moving object is too bright for its surroundings.
    ● Adding light in the above-mentioned containers is workaround of the problem, for which I'm currently looking solution. It manifest itself with too bright moving objects in dark places even if light probes are here.
    ● It may be caused by existence of separate light probe groups for each object (1 for terrain, 1 for one container, 1 for one wall, 2 for air), but I need to check whether this is indeed case for this reason.

EDIT: TheIsland 2016, Maze 2018 and Snow War 2019 from 2022-11-13 (tommorow) will be disabled. Don't ask for not unpublish them, because it will be ignored (unless you give me a convincing reason for not doing this).

I understand why Snow War is getting removed, but I don't get why TheIsland2016 has to be removed, I love the map because it's a big map and over there you can calculate the timing of the bullet from a sniper across the map, and there isn't a big map like that anywhere in Warmerise...It just won't be the same without a big map...

• 74 posts
    November 12, 2022 11:17 PM PST

Max said:

did you have shadows disabled in the Directional Light before baking?

No, in "Shadow Type" is "Soft Shadow" set.

Edit: Another possible cause of players looking bright inside containers is because there weren't any light probes placed inside them, the best place to place Light Probes is where the lighting changes from dark to bright and vice versa, plus one light probe in between them.

In all containers light probes are placed like in this picture:

This post was edited by i3slkiller at November 12, 2022 11:26 PM PST
    • 998 posts
    November 12, 2022 11:42 PM PST
    What about the Light mode, is it set to Baked or some other option?
    • 74 posts
    November 13, 2022 12:30 AM PST

It's set to "Baked" option

• 93 posts
    November 13, 2022 8:50 AM PST

@i3slkiller Have you checked if there are any invalid light probe cells?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/lighting-window.html#WorkflowSettings

You can activate this in the Lighting window, under the Scene tab and far down under Workflow settings. Enable "All Probes With Cells" and "Highlight Invalid Cells". If there are any red lines, then this means that these cells cannot be used by Unity for indirect lighting.

This post was edited by DeadArt at November 13, 2022 8:51 AM PST
    • 998 posts
    November 13, 2022 12:00 PM PST

i3slkiller said:

It's set to "Baked" option

How was the map looking before the light maps were baked, were the shadows clearly visible?

Right now the baked shadows are barely visible, which could be due to the following reasons:

- The Lightmap resolution is too low

- The majority of lighting comes from Environment lighting and not from Directional light (Hence why the objects are still lit inside containers)