Forums » News & Announcements

Warmerise - 2.7.1

This topic has been closed.
    • 458 posts
    September 30, 2022 12:35 PM PDT

LightningStorm said:

@Max, maybe instead of removing the whole feature, how about making it optional in settings like "Camera Shaking Effect" False, or "Camera Shaking Effect" True. Is it possible to add that instead in settings instead of removing it?

I still think @Max should approve this. It will help everyone.

• September 30, 2022 12:48 PM PDT

@Max There is some kind of defect, a sign of harm that does not go away, remains there even after death

• 212 posts
    September 30, 2022 1:21 PM PDT

And yes, the tp is bugged (for me at least), when using it by pressing the keys it doesn't teleport you and if you have 4 coins it uses the other 2 to restore hp when you press the teleport key.

/https://youtu.be/NnsEeP0Rz80

• 58 posts
    September 30, 2022 1:24 PM PDT

i like it the update

• 65 posts
    September 30, 2022 3:12 PM PDT

My thoughts on the camera shake is, well it feels odd now that it's gone, but in my experience, at low FPS, the camera shake made aiming imposible, the reason being that there wasn't a single frame where the camera was in it's normal position, that's the problem I've had for the last 2 years. Add the feature back, and the red on the screen, but as for the shake, reduce the amount of shake/lmake the shake less powerful.

"I have stronger opinions here. I've felt that that camera shake/flinch allowed auto users to have a better chance against higher damage, single fire weapons." This is a good point, but if they start shooting at you first, you're at the disadvantage because of the screenshake being too intense.

• 65 posts
    September 30, 2022 3:15 PM PDT

Max said: I see, the game actually had an improved version of the camera shake (when it would shake in the opposite direction of the hit, instead of being random), but decided to remove it before the release. Going to re-add it soon.

Max, if you do re-add it, can you somewhat make the shake intensity less? 

• 40 posts
    September 30, 2022 3:52 PM PDT

A slightly smaller complaint. In the melee mode, I found it odd that the tomahawk wasn't included. It doesn't have any splash damage abilities, and instead deals direct damage. I feel that the exclusion of the tomahawk doesn't make a lot of sense, but that is just my opinion. 

• 954 posts
    September 30, 2022 4:59 PM PDT

uh... very big update but i cant tell wheather this is bad or not. the default suit appears to have no noticable changes and the the camera shake was highly annoying, but there is a very wrong problem. you cant tell when you are getting hit, and when players shoot while hopping around, the blood effect is shown on them, like they are shooting themselfs. also, this update doesent seem that good, only becuase of the camera shake removal, becuase again, you dont know if you are getting hit. so add only A LITTLE BIT of camera shake, like barely any. not like before where you got shot and your angle went 90 degrees away from your target. also, I will suggest that the default suit should be as thin/skinny as the skytrooper. its an OK update but it is a little bad at the same time

• 954 posts
    September 30, 2022 5:01 PM PDT

ScottytheSlayer said:

A slightly smaller complaint. In the melee mode, I found it odd that the tomahawk wasn't included. It doesn't have any splash damage abilities, and instead deals direct damage. I feel that the exclusion of the tomahawk doesn't make a lot of sense, but that is just my opinion. 

well, it is long ranged, and long range in a melee mode does not make any sense. but the blast gernade could be added, so you can freeze their stanima only

• 954 posts
    September 30, 2022 6:09 PM PDT

there is a big problem with the third person now. the shotgun (whist in third person), is somehow extremely overpowered. its like they are buffed up, like stronger than the blastshotgun. the removed camera shake and the new third person... thing that changed completely destroyed the balanced gameplay.

• 4 posts
    September 30, 2022 9:12 PM PDT

Max said: I see, the game actually had an improved version of the camera shake (when it would shake in the opposite direction of the hit, instead of being random), but decided to remove it before the release. Going to re-add it soon.

This update we just die now. Half the time the hit indicator only works when enemy takes forever to kill you. The other half you die instantly without any indication you are being shot. I will not be playing until shake or something as strong of an indicator returns because dying is as abrupt and disconcerting as being disconnected from a server right now. "oh...someone was shooting me...?"

Also, removing shake removed all the audio queues when we were being hit. This was very helpful too.

This post was edited by ZaRlIIoZoar at September 30, 2022 9:13 PM PDT
    • 954 posts
    September 30, 2022 10:02 PM PDT

come on guys, just be paient

• 998 posts
    September 30, 2022 10:12 PM PDT

Update 1

- Added back the subtle red screen effect when getting hit
    - Added back the camera shake effect when getting hit (with a slightly reduced shake intensity)
    - Fixed bug when the teleport would not work when using the hotkey
    - Fixed bug when the welcome camera would not reset after the match is over

This post was edited by Admin at September 30, 2022 10:13 PM PDT
    • 58 posts
    October 1, 2022 3:26 AM PDT

BUT MAKE THE RED BLOOD MORE DARK SO PLAYERS CAN NOTICE

• 1144 posts
    October 1, 2022 4:42 AM PDT

Little suggestion: 

Add an option to disable knife in servers

• 58 posts
    October 1, 2022 5:40 AM PDT

why what would air wolf say then

• 954 posts
    October 1, 2022 5:01 PM PDT

maybe a customizable melee option for melee mode? like brass knuckles only, knife... katana. im trying to say that I want a customizable melee mode where you can choose which melee weapons are allowed. speaking about melee stuff, can you add a couple more melee weapons (please make scifi melee weapons. also please buff up the brass knuckles)

• 507 posts
    October 1, 2022 7:23 PM PDT

Max said:

Update 1

- Added back the subtle red screen effect when getting hit
    - Added back the camera shake effect when getting hit (with a slightly reduced shake intensity)
    - Fixed bug when the teleport would not work when using the hotkey
    - Fixed bug when the welcome camera would not reset after the match is over

finally got to play after this update, It's much more comfortable. Thanks for listening to all the feedback

• 58 posts
    October 2, 2022 4:58 AM PDT

same laddd

• 40 posts
    October 2, 2022 6:31 PM PDT

Thanks for listening to the players. You sir are a good game dev. 

• 2097 posts
    October 2, 2022 6:54 PM PDT
    Quick everyone tell him you want stand-alone.
    • 652 posts
    October 4, 2022 7:01 AM PDT

Max said:

- Added a new "Melee" game mode (similar to TDM, but with only melee weapons being enabled)

can u add a system to limit the gamemode. for example, melee gamemode is unavailable on big enough maps like theroad or anything bigger than skygates. i always see idlots create rooms using that gamemode with random big-sized maps

• 998 posts
    October 4, 2022 6:10 PM PDT

Update 2

- Removed the ability for guest players to change the player name, room name, start kick, or vote during a kick vote

• 2097 posts
    October 4, 2022 6:40 PM PDT
    Honestly surprised that this wasn’t implemented sooner.
    • 103 posts
    October 4, 2022 8:06 PM PDT

Max said:

Update 2

- Removed the ability for guest players to change the player name, room name, start kick, or vote during a kick vote

Thank you very much Max!