Forums » News & Announcements

Warmerise - 2.7.1

This topic has been closed.
    • 954 posts
    October 4, 2022 8:20 PM PDT

so what was the problem?

• 954 posts
    October 4, 2022 8:23 PM PDT

ok... so now un-registered literly cant do anything with this game besides play it. seems a little unfair, since registered people can't gain XP, nor they can vote to kick. but what if a registered player is being toxic and mostly everyone is a guest player? what would happen then? no one would kick them off

• 954 posts
    October 4, 2022 8:30 PM PDT

also, i tried the update 2, and this has gone a little to far. I thought players can still chat, but i tried it and i cant. please make an option to mute/disable guest chat in options, not completely remove the feature for them. im not being some guest rights activist rn but this is only a little harsh

• 1146 posts
    October 5, 2022 4:22 AM PDT

Max said:

Update 2

- Removed the ability for guest players to change the player name, room name, start kick, or vote during a kick vote

Can you bring back ability to change the player name? in case you removed it because of copying others. add a system that rejects the similar names.

• 2098 posts
    October 5, 2022 5:35 AM PDT
    No it’s a bad idea. People purposely get on there to make toxic names.
    • 212 posts
    October 5, 2022 11:07 AM PDT

dmn we really can't have nice things huh.

• 65 posts
    October 5, 2022 12:37 PM PDT

Cenz said:

The screen-shake problem is the same as what happens with hp, when someone with high ping tracks you, they fry your hp in a fraction of a second, leaving you with no reaction time. High ping gives that incredible advantages.
    Imagine 2 or more ppl shooting at you like that. And no movement can save you cus when you try to move they probably already empty their clip on you and you haven't received that info just yet.

Well, it's a little off.

For starters, high ping is a peekers advantage, but a runners nightmare, and what you're talking about is ping spikes. They cannot fry your hp in under a second, the gun still has slow fire rate on their screen, it's just delayed by 0.2-0.3 seconds (up to half a second max) meaning you still take damage at the same rate, the time you do start taking damage is delayed by the players ping. NOT faster the player just started shooting at you before you saw them (in this case, peekers advantage). It is impossible for them to empty their clip before you recieve the info, they would get kicked LONG before that. Again, the UMP shoots at 9.62 bullets a second, no matter your ping, no matter anything, that means that even at 500 ping, yes the player would have started shooting at you 0.5 seconds before you see it (at a rate of 9.62B/s) and yes you would recieve that info and take 9.62B/s worth of damage 0.5 seconds later, but this does not mean you take damage faster. 

This post was edited by Budz at October 5, 2022 12:38 PM PDT
    • 65 posts
    October 5, 2022 12:43 PM PDT

Cenz said:

Maybe if max lowers the shake effect when getting shot in the body and makes it more strong only when getting shot in the head/upper body.

or it can be stronger when standing so crouching reduce it.

but we definitely need something to counter this effect cus the problem with ping and the relation with this is more complicated to fix.

Now on to ping spikes, yeah that can theoretically cause you to take damage faster, but not really. It's more like, on the player with ping spikes's case, he is still dealing damage to you on his screen at a rate of 9.62B/s, however, when this happens during a ping spike, the game uploads the information before the spike immediately. (meaning if he goes from 200 to 1k ping, the game uploads that 0.8 seconds worth of information, and then spikes the ping, and that 0.8 seconds worth of information might include you taking damage at a rate of 9.62B/s but it might seem faster because all that damage came in "1 packet")

• 212 posts
    October 5, 2022 1:30 PM PDT

in the end that information is translated to you that way, in your perspective they can damage you faster, you don't take all the damage in sync, you take it all in that very moment you received that info. it's just how lag works in warmerise.

• 2098 posts
    October 5, 2022 1:35 PM PDT
    I don’t know about you guys but when I have high ping it makes me lose.
    • 212 posts
    October 5, 2022 2:07 PM PDT

no advantages for sniper users sorry need to nerf you guys

• 103 posts
    October 5, 2022 2:31 PM PDT

drsadegs said:

Airwolf said:

Max said:

Update 2

- Removed the ability for guest players to change the player name, room name, start kick, or vote during a kick vote

Thank you very much Max!

@Airwolf, I told you.. Max CAN NOT save you!

xoxo :)

Hey Max these new players got me kicked again

https://warmerise.com/profile/UNGZRHBIOG

https://warmerise.com/profile/DRSADEGS

https://warmerise.com/profile/CGEVLKQBZC

https://warmerise.com/profile/ZXYLFYP

https://warmerise.com/profile/IJRAXFA

Video evidence

https://youtu.be/8z3QKWyDOb0

in minute 7:59 start kick

• 103 posts
    October 5, 2022 2:41 PM PDT

drsadegs said:

@Airwolf, the ban of the account are it is useless, they are temporary accounts.
    Even IPs .. you can't do anything :)

Max will figure it out

• 212 posts
    October 5, 2022 3:00 PM PDT

5k xp required to use the kicking system, told you we can't have nice things.

This post was edited by Cenz at October 5, 2022 3:01 PM PDT
    • 212 posts
    October 5, 2022 3:16 PM PDT

required: 1 month old account, mail with verified phone number/warmerise account verified by number, XP.

• 2098 posts
    October 5, 2022 3:28 PM PDT
    That’s actually not a bad idea. It will prevent people making alternate accounts just to grief.
    • 507 posts
    October 5, 2022 5:31 PM PDT
    This is some prime copypasta material
    • 459 posts
    October 5, 2022 5:32 PM PDT

In other words, it's spam.
    Empty threats.

This post was edited by LightningStorm at October 5, 2022 5:33 PM PDT
    • 105 posts
    October 5, 2022 5:38 PM PDT

If i were Max and see threats like these 10 years ago i could accept the deal and ban Airwolf immediately

• 998 posts
    October 5, 2022 5:44 PM PDT

Kalamar said:

If i were Max and see threats like these 10 years ago i could accept the deal and ban Airwolf immediately

Interestingly, the site has been under numerous DDoS attacks in the past (at least 2 that were noticeable).

• 2098 posts
    October 5, 2022 6:36 PM PDT
    Yeah if the game shuts down I probably won’t come back a second time.
    • 954 posts
    October 5, 2022 9:45 PM PDT

What are\is DDoS?

• 507 posts
    October 5, 2022 10:02 PM PDT
    A DDoS attack (or sometimes a DoS attack, Denial of Service) is when a website or server is overloaded with requests from a malicious source, so the server can't keep up and can't send anything to legitimate client connections. Imagine an old lady at the supermarket who pays for her groceries in pennies and blocks every customer behind her.

9 times out of 10, a DDoS threat is just a kid trying to sound scary on the internet.

Edit
    Regarding update 2, I think it's a good change. Making harassment more difficult is always good. Plus, legitimate unregistered players should not enjoy the same features as a full member, instead they should have to join the community thus growing the game.
    This post was edited by chronospectrum at October 5, 2022 10:08 PM PDT
    • 84 posts
    October 5, 2022 10:36 PM PDT

drsadegs gives me memories of warmerise in 2014/the internet in 2014 

Reminds me of this post that was posted on the forums a couple years ago: https://prnt.sc/AKGiwW3r9jYQ

couldn't find the original post but i had the post copied 

This post was edited by CaptainJoseph at October 5, 2022 10:43 PM PDT
    • 65 posts
    October 6, 2022 10:34 AM PDT

Cenz said:

in the end that information is translated to you that way, in your perspective they can damage you faster, you don't take all the damage in sync, you take it all in that very moment you received that info. it's just how lag works in warmerise.

The damage you take is in sync if your opponent has a stable connection, if the player has high ping the damage rate is in sync, but the time you start taking damage is not. 
    The thing is, Assault Rifles in this game has a kill time of 0.6-0.8 seconds (This image comes from DeathBringer908: https://prnt.sc/J-6AkRczJHj8 ) this is really quickly, the thing is that when your in a firefight, the average time for someone to die is 1-1.5 seconds if you include ping/missed shots/etc. Now when the player deals all 100hp worth of damage to you during a ping spike, and the game (and you) recieves that information, that 100hp worth of damage gets dealt at the same rate on the enemys screen (he still had to shoot you for 0.6 - 0.8 seconds) but when all that information gets processed through the game and then to you, it SEEMS faster, because the damage was dealth all at once (in this case it was excluding the intense firefight/missed shots/etc) so you die within 0.6 - 0.8 seconds of recieving the informtion. This seems faster, but it's actually not. It's just that you're used to face to face combat (that includes 100-200 ping opponents and your maybe 100 ping/dodging movement/missed shots or something else), or even if you hit all the 6-8 bullets needed for a kill, the delay makes you spend probably upwards of 10-14, and the delay makes it slow, proably upwards of 1 - 1.5 seconds. And the only difference is that you recieved all the damage in the normal rate, which kills you in 0.6 - 0.8 seconds. Seems faster, but not really.

This post was edited by Budz at October 6, 2022 10:36 AM PDT