Forums » Custom Maps

The Dragon Complex

• 254 posts
    March 12, 2018 1:56 PM PDT

My new map "The Dragon Complex" is in the Pending section and ready to check out. It's taken a while to get it made but it's looking pretty dang good I think {some pix of it below}. Hope y'all like it!

X

• 254 posts
    March 12, 2018 4:01 PM PDT

Thanks bunches! I'm always glad when folks like something I've done.

• 84 posts
    March 12, 2018 11:16 PM PDT

Need to try this out ASAP! ~captains are real~

• 998 posts
    March 13, 2018 1:38 AM PDT

Good job on the map, the design looks very interesting.
    But unfortunately there is one issue with it, it takes almost all the available memory upon loading.

I have released a new version of Export package which should fix this issue, can you please download it and re-export the map. (Download link is the same)
    Simply import it again and Unity will automatically replace the files. To make sure you have the latest version, open changelog.txt and notice a new version (1.3).

And here is a guide on how to update the map (See Part 3): https://warmerise.com/forums/topic/432/getting-started

• 254 posts
    March 13, 2018 5:44 AM PDT

Now, Joey. We've had this discussion before. Captains are your imagination and you really shouldn't be saying such things in public. Now go play with your guns like a good boy.

@Max - Thanks! Yeah, the file itself is only 3.34 mb but I found I had to reduce a bunch of polygons until I no longer got that memory error when trying to upload. I didn't have a problem once it uploaded so I thought it was good. I'll reup it and we'll see how that works out.

Sucks that it loses the votes it already got though. But them's the breaks.

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at March 13, 2018 5:53 AM PDT
    • 998 posts
    March 13, 2018 6:22 AM PDT

@BlueDragonFire Just checked the new upload, and it doesn't seem like the map was exported using new version.

Download export package again: https://warmerise.com/Warmerise/Public/WMCustomMaps.unitypackage
    Remove WMCustomMaps folder from your project and import the newly downloaded package.
    Remove everything from _Maps folder and Export the map again.
    Let me know once you upload the new export so I can check if the issue was fixed. Thanks

• 254 posts
    March 13, 2018 11:04 AM PDT

Okay. After deleting the old package I closed Unity, deleted the map & meta, then opened Unity and added the new package. Then I closed Unity again and reopened it, THEN exported the map and uploaded it. I also slightly changed the Title plane so this one is definitely a different upload.

Hopefully that fixed the problem. Thanks for the help, Max!!

This post was edited by BlueDragonFire at March 13, 2018 11:05 AM PDT
    • 14 posts
    March 14, 2018 12:25 AM PDT
    I can't wait to play this map with 3.76 fps graphic rate
    • 328 posts
    March 20, 2018 10:15 AM PDT

Not a big fan of current maps but I've to say this map is polished. 

• 9 posts
    March 20, 2018 11:22 AM PDT

@BlueDragonFire This map is totally awesome. I like the whole structure, especially those upper paths. 

• 254 posts
    March 20, 2018 2:25 PM PDT

Thanks y'all!

I really enjoyed making it. Working on another one now. It'll be somewhat similar to Dustland but different in form. Just have to make sure it's ready then find textures for it.

• 9 posts
    March 21, 2018 12:03 AM PDT

Looking forward to it :) 

• 507 posts
    March 21, 2018 12:16 PM PDT
    Friendly reminder that I make textures ;)