Forums » News & Announcements

Warmerise - 2.7.1

This topic has been closed.
    • 998 posts
    September 29, 2022 10:09 PM PDT

Warmerise - 2.7.1

https://warmerise.com/pages/RedvsBlue

- Added a new "Melee" game mode (similar to TDM, but with only melee weapons being enabled)
    - Renamed "Servers" to "Rooms" (that's a more accurate name)
    - The last selected Game Mode, Match Time, and Player limit will be saved for the same session
    - Fixed bug on mobile when changing game mode would not update the match time selection
    - Auto balancing will now begin by picking the last players with a positive kill/death ratio, instead of picking players from the bottom of the list
    - Reduced the amount of data sent over the network to reduce lag
    - Fixed bug when the selected region would change after a few seconds when creating a room
    - Added support for Light Probes and Terrain Trees in custom maps
    - Fixed bug when dropping coins and picking them up repeatedly would add extra coins
    - Fixed bug when sometimes firing JetShip rockets would fire 2 rockets at a time
    - Fixed incorrect fire point on Humvee turret
    - Possibly fixed the bug when the game would crash
    - Fixed the bug when picking a new weapon and switching it would restore the ammo to default
    - Removed camera shaking effect when getting hit
    - Improved the accuracy of the directional hit marks when getting hit
    - Now when in third-person mode, the bullets will hit the player instead of going through
    - Changed "has left" notification to "disconnected"
    - Fixed a few skewed parts on the default suit model
    - Improved game performance

Update 1

- Added back the subtle red screen effect when getting hit
    - Added back the camera shake effect when getting hit (with a slightly reduced shake intensity)
    - Fixed bug when the teleport would not work when using the hotkey
    - Fixed bug when the welcome camera would not reset after the match is over

Update 2

- Removed the ability for guest players to change the player name, room name, start kick, or vote during a kick vote

Update 3

- Disabled the damage data grouping (meaning each damage will be received separately, instead of received in bulk)
    - Improved performance when having a Scoreboard opened on the Desktop
    - Removed loading messages for resources that were already loaded
    - Fixed bug when vehicles would sometimes glitch through the walls
    - Fixed bug when the game would sometimes stuck on "Loading Config Files"
    - Possibly fixed bug when the damage screen would not disappear after getting hit

Update 4

- Enabled chatting for unregistered players, but with more strict anti-spam settings
    - Fixed the bug when teammates would appear as enemies on the radar when firing
    - Fixed the bug when Armory Spot icons and teammate names would follow the view "imprecisely"

This post was edited by Admin at October 10, 2022 12:36 AM PDT
    • 9 posts
    September 29, 2022 11:15 PM PDT

Max said:

This has had two effects.

The first is good. It allows a more even playing field for those who are being shot at first. Usually, a 1 on 1 encounter resulted in the death of the person who was shot first, only because  they were unable to actually aim after they were hit. 

The second effect, that I view as bad, is that there is very little indication now that you are being hit. We die so quickly compared to other FPS games that have tons of HP or armor that the red markers are practically useless in showing where we are being hit from. My suggestion is to add a blurring or pattern noise in a radial pattern from the crosshair in a red shade to the side of the screen you're being hit from instead of a red hit marker.

This post was edited by knife at September 29, 2022 11:18 PM PDT
    • 9 posts
    September 29, 2022 11:45 PM PDT

No regs are now possible -- I think this is from adjusting the player model. I am getting hit a lot and blood splatters from player model but does not damage me.

• 9 posts
    September 30, 2022 12:26 AM PDT

Teleporting is broken after update.

• 998 posts
    September 30, 2022 12:31 AM PDT
    Will consider the idea about the additional hit marks.
    @knife How is teleporting broken?
    • 9 posts
    September 30, 2022 1:05 AM PDT

Max said: Will consider the idea about the additional hit marks. @knife How is teleporting broken?

It appears that teleporting hotkeys for armory are broken. But LMB clicking them still works. The hotkey still teleports you and uses coins, but you never leave the spot you opened the menu from.

The hit notification is also very laggy. I'm often dead right at the moment the first marker shows up when going against auto guns. 

Also, could we get a truck and jet HP bar? Possibly blue? The smoke is very helpful, but there is over 700 HP on truck where there is no indication on how much damage we are doing.

Also, the weak point on the jet is too small. I don't know if the original intention was for the entire air vent to be a weak point, but right now it is only a very tiny spot below the vents, not much bigger than a crosshair dot in size. Its nearly impossible to intentionally aim for it at any distance but point blank.

And does truck have a weak point? I have shot every inch of the truck and have never managed to find it.

This post was edited by knife at September 30, 2022 1:18 AM PDT
    • 652 posts
    September 30, 2022 2:13 AM PDT

Max said:

i dont really like that the whole thing was removed. okay remove the screen shaking effect but atleast bring back the reddish screen thing when getting hit

• September 30, 2022 3:26 AM PDT

i dont like this updat becous you dont know if you damge or someone shot you couz it didnt show 

• 507 posts
    September 30, 2022 3:30 AM PDT

Adding this first: This is mostly a good update, and anything I'm not about to complain about is a good change for this version.

Max said:

Warmerise - 2.7.1

- Renamed "Servers" to "Rooms" (that's a more accurate name)

- Changed "has left" notification to "disconnected"

I feel like you should have done one or the other. I think that "disconnect" associates more closely with "server", and "has left" associates more closely with "room". I assume you did it to make it clear that a disconnect isn't always by someone choosing to leave (eg. high ping, kicked, etc.) Either way, not a huge deal.

Max said:

Warmerise - 2.7.1

I have stronger opinions here. I've felt that that camera shake/flinch allowed auto users to have a better chance against higher damage, single fire weapons. As a certified blastgun enjoyer, it was probably the biggest tool I had. By getting the first hit, and not missing any shots, I could reliably kill a target before needing to bail out and reload. This update has made it significantly harder to do so, because my opponent now has more time to aim back and get far more hits on me than they otherwise would. This matters a lot more when pings can be upwards of 200, and they can damage me after I've killed them on my screen. Now, while I would very much like this back, I'm also totally fine with reducing the amount the screen shakes. I see people complain about it quite a bit, and I can find a middle ground to make the game more fun for them as well.

What I would strongly recommend re-implementing is the red damage screen effects on a hit. Currently its difficult to know when I'm taking damage. The audio and small red icon just arent enough communication to the player, unfortunately.

• September 30, 2022 3:31 AM PDT

Why you delete( Removed camera shaking effect when getting hit) its very hard to know 

• Yoh
    • 45 posts
    September 30, 2022 4:31 AM PDT

xM4 said:

Why you delete( Removed camera shaking effect when getting hit) its very hard to know 

yes max why u removed its so bad now!!

• Yoh
    • 45 posts
    September 30, 2022 4:33 AM PDT

also can u consider adding the motion of cape back to the game ?

• 285 posts
    September 30, 2022 6:12 AM PDT

I Personally have 2 things.

first one is more as a bug or maybe its just my butterfigers but i have the feeling that when i use traps and press v it doesnt set the trap down so i want to trap something fast run there trap and jump back but there is no trap so i have to do it again. Thats kind of anyoing especially when the trap is saving ur ****...

Other is removing the shake is kind of op for snipers. Because snipers allways had to be carfull encountering the autogun. Now they can be outside of hiding and still be able to kill the autogun player.

Next thing the shaking indecated how fare you are away of dieng. Because as soon as it starts shaking u had to take cover or press c c so it kind of gets better to fiere back. So sometimes im not shure if i get hit or not. So i sometimes just die "for no reason" i was hit before but i thougt i wasnt... So bringing flinch back would be good. It could be reduced tho so it doesnt need to be that shaky as before.

But thats just my opinion

• 2097 posts
    September 30, 2022 6:27 AM PDT

I am having a similar experience 

• 480 posts
    September 30, 2022 8:19 AM PDT
    @Max, can you please add back the shake thing when you're being shot? It is annoying being shot at/killed and having no idea you were even being hit or anything.
    • 49 posts
    September 30, 2022 8:40 AM PDT

I had to log into my main just to agree with everyone else that competely removing aimpunch is an extremely terrible gameplay change.

Merely tweaking the aimpunch strength by reducing it would suffice. Removing it means you no longer have the element of surprise on other players. Snipers and shotgun players will now greatly benefit from this (for worse) and close quarters combat poses no risk to them anymore, making them far more superior and unbalanced.

Big factor which decides the skill of any given player is the ability to correct their aim when being aimpunched. Now it's just whoever shoots first and tracks targets more consistently.

This post was edited by fshiteup at September 30, 2022 8:48 AM PDT
    • 1144 posts
    September 30, 2022 9:07 AM PDT
    Removing screenshake and effects is a huge mistake, i don't need to explain about it because others did.
    • 40 posts
    September 30, 2022 9:38 AM PDT

I'm right there with everyone on the camera. I had a love-hate relationship with the camera shake, but I feel removing it just take away from the experiance. 

• 998 posts
    September 30, 2022 9:59 AM PDT
    I see, the game actually had an improved version of the camera shake (when it would shake in the opposite direction of the hit, instead of being random), but decided to remove it before the release. Going to re-add it soon.
    • 40 posts
    September 30, 2022 10:19 AM PDT

I'm finally warming up to the no shake now. 

• 480 posts
    September 30, 2022 10:37 AM PDT
    @Max, it's just that you can be shot and have no idea until you're dead, worse if you're not using sound.
    • 458 posts
    September 30, 2022 10:41 AM PDT

@Max, maybe instead of removing the whole feature, how about making it optional in settings like "Camera Shaking Effect" False, or "Camera Shaking Effect" True. Is it possible to add that instead in settings instead of removing it?

• 212 posts
    September 30, 2022 11:56 AM PDT

The screen-shake problem is the same as what happens with hp, when someone with high ping tracks you, they fry your hp in a fraction of a second, leaving you with no reaction time. High ping gives that incredible advantages.
    Imagine 2 or more ppl shooting at you like that. And no movement can save you cus when you try to move they probably already empty their clip on you and you haven't received that info just yet.

• 2097 posts
    September 30, 2022 12:04 PM PDT
    Excellent clarification actually. This is what I was trying to explain to some people.
    • 212 posts
    September 30, 2022 12:19 PM PDT

Maybe if max lowers the shake effect when getting shot in the body and makes it more strong only when getting shot in the head/upper body.

or it can be stronger when standing so crouching reduce it.

but we definitely need something to counter this effect cus the problem with ping and the relation with this is more complicated to fix.