Forums » News & Announcements

Yearly Stats

• 998 posts
    October 12, 2022 8:10 AM PDT

Considering the XP has been used for ranking since the beginning, it became apparent that it's now substantially harder for the new players (or even existing players) to compete in the Top 100.

With that being said, I decided to introduce a new type of stats called "Yearly Stats", it will increment along the regular stats, however, its values will be reset every year on December 31st. Upon reset, the top 100 ranks will receive badges for securing the rank that year.

The regular rank will remain on the profile, however, in the future, the Top 100 and the in-game rank will be based on the Yearly XP.

Event from where the badges will be distributed:

https://warmerise.com/event/7

This post was edited by Admin at January 1, 2023 2:52 PM PST
    • 2097 posts
    October 12, 2022 8:16 AM PDT
    Interesting.
  • Eve
    • 317 posts
    October 12, 2022 10:36 AM PDT

Max said:

Considering the XP has been used for ranking since the beginning, it became apparent that it's now substantially harder for the new players (or even existing players) to compete in the Top 100.

With that being said, I decided to introduce a new stat value called "Yearly XP", it will increment along the regular XP, however, its value will be reset every year on January 1st. Upon reset, the top 4 ranks will be receiving badges for securing the rank that year.

The regular rank will remain on the profile, however, the Top 100 and the in-game rank will be based on the Yearly XP.

Tomorrow the value will be enabled and the first 4 badges will be distributed, the next refresh will be on (00:00 GMT 0) January 1st, 2023.

This is interesting, definitely better than the current situation. Cough cough.

• 186 posts
    October 12, 2022 11:09 AM PDT

Quite a cool idea. This is great to make the rankings much more inviting for new players since it would take them years to grind all the way to the top whereas with this feature everyone gets their fair shot every new year.

Rank systems are always something that bring competition to the game and with that also a lot of activity.

• 14 posts
    October 12, 2022 12:22 PM PDT

Category : Pro ? Sorry but i totally disagree.
    3/4 of all Top100-players didn't act like pros.
    Additional i hardly believe they can even call themself players.

• 2097 posts
    October 12, 2022 12:33 PM PDT
    What does that have to do with this though.
    • 136 posts
    October 12, 2022 12:38 PM PDT

tTop 100 was never to say who is more pro...

• 998 posts
    October 12, 2022 12:58 PM PDT

XP itself is just a part of the metric when it comes to determining the "skill". For example, the skill value in the clan ranking uses various metrics (I haven't checked it in a while, but looks like it's relatively easy to manipulate in its current form).
    In the future, I'm planning to integrate a similar skill-based ranking to the player stats as well. But for now, the Yearly XP will be the default thing used for ranking, but with a bit more equal opportunity, since it will be refreshed every year.

• 1144 posts
    October 12, 2022 1:06 PM PDT

Or maybe fix when the game won't let you re-join server (stuck at loading)

• 954 posts
    October 12, 2022 4:30 PM PDT

so... im confused max. does this mean that everyone will gain XP or lose it? or will it just be a new form of XP for the top players

• 14 posts
    October 12, 2022 8:25 PM PDT
    @Max: That's one thing i really curiouse about:
    I really want see a ranking of the different "weapon"-kills.
    Can you add something like this?
    • 1 posts
    October 12, 2022 8:51 PM PDT
    Max I have fought so hard this year spent 7 to 14 hours almost every day for 6 months trying to reach top 100 and and it made me have questionable possiblity of health problems with my heart and that's when I tried the kill farm thing but I only did it little bit maybe 600 kills tops that means the 100.000 kills I made this year where from actual fighting and airwolf should to behave in a way that he saw me as someone of equal or near equal ability or a possible successer but I can't it be to demanding on physical health it's to much and even right now I'm not top 100 and I'm a full 200.000 xp away from hitting top 100 I thought buying XP would rank me up but it turns out only when you kill people does that XP from the kill rank you up but when I buy XP with my actual ***** debt card and add the XP to my account my rank is the same so if you could just buy XP to rank up it would been another option but anyways I been here for 8 years one the oldest players still I was wondering if I could get a badge tomorrow as being one the oldest and most hard Working players on the game
    • 507 posts
    October 12, 2022 10:49 PM PDT

rathepunisher said: when I buy XP with my actual ***** debt card and add the XP to my account my rank is the same so if you could just buy XP to rank up it would been another option

Please no

• 285 posts
    October 13, 2022 2:35 AM PDT
    rathepunisher said:
    Max I have fought so hard this year spent 7 to 14 hours almost every day for 6 months trying to reach top 100 and and it made me have questionable possiblity of health problems with my heart and that's when I tried the kill farm thing but I only did it little bit maybe 600 kills tops that means the 100.000 kills I made this year where from actual fighting and airwolf should to behave in a way that he saw me as someone of equal or near equal ability or a possible successer but I can't it be to demanding on physical health it's to much and even right now I'm not top 100 and I'm a full 200.000 xp away from hitting top 100 I thought buying XP would rank me up but it turns out only when you kill people does that XP from the kill rank you up but when I buy XP with my actual ***** debt card and add the XP to my account my rank is the same so if you could just buy XP to rank up it would been another option but anyways I been here for 8 years one the oldest players still I was wondering if I could get a badge tomorrow as being one the oldest and most hard Working players on the game

There is a difference between mon and xp. You can only buy mon not the xp.

If you could buy xp that would mean that all top100 would just be rich parents people and that fighting for top 100 would be who has the most amount of mon to spend on a game. Well it would benefit max ofc. But for others who don't earn mon or have rich parents they wouldn't have any chance...

Also how would you give out those badges? I'm a player from 2014 and made my first account 2015. But those informations are not on a data base... so you can also just say those things. You know what I mean?
    • 507 posts
    October 13, 2022 2:43 AM PDT

Lion7 said:I'm a player from 2014 and made my first account 2015. But those informations are not on a data base... so you can also just say those things. You know what I mean?

Technically you could look it up.

• 652 posts
    October 13, 2022 2:55 AM PDT

hes finally doing something about that unfair ranking

• 480 posts
    October 13, 2022 4:24 AM PDT
    Oh, very nice.
    • 2097 posts
    October 13, 2022 5:18 AM PDT
    rathepunisher said:

It took me just a year randomly playing servers a couple times a week. I think you might be doing something wrong.
    • 954 posts
    October 13, 2022 6:38 AM PDT

I am trying and trying my best to get weapons. first, school gets in the way ( i do have a gaming room that I can play this game in, and I do, but on a private server with my friends), and I have been playing this game since a while, but Im only in like the 3000's, and yet, even with the blastgun, blastshotgun, and blast gernade it is still hard to gain 400 XP per round (450 is my max). most likely becuase EVERYONE plays on big maps so traveling takes the majority of the time. but when it is snow war, everyone in that room/sever is a complete tryhard, in which I gain only 200 becuase im getting spawn camped. 

• 2097 posts
    October 13, 2022 7:09 AM PDT
    If you want advice create your own public servers on the map of your choice (I always chose dustland). Also another good thing to do is limit the amount of players that can join (preferably 10) so that there aren’t way too many people on the server. Secondly snow war is a poorly made map that encourages spawn camping due to its size. If you want to get more xp try and get headshot as they are each worth 10xp and exploding vehicles with players inside is 35xp.
    • 40 posts
    October 13, 2022 7:47 AM PDT

rathepunisher said: Max I have fought so hard this year spent 7 to 14 hours almost every day for 6 months trying to reach top 100 and and it made me have questionable possiblity of health problems with my heart and that's when I tried the kill farm thing but I only did it little bit maybe 600 kills tops that means the 100.000 kills I made this year where from actual fighting and airwolf should to behave in a way that he saw me as someone of equal or near equal ability or a possible successer but I can't it be to demanding on physical health it's to much and even right now I'm not top 100 and I'm a full 200.000 xp away from hitting top 100 I thought buying XP would rank me up but it turns out only when you kill people does that XP from the kill rank you up but when I buy XP with my actual ***** debt card and add the XP to my account my rank is the same so if you could just buy XP to rank up it would been another option but anyways I been here for 8 years one the oldest players still I was wondering if I could get a badge tomorrow as being one the oldest and most hard Working players on the game

Dude, jesus. I don't know what the hell you're doing wrong, but you're putting way to much effort into this. I've hit in the 1000's in about a year, not buying XP and just ******* around in servers. Plus, if you buy XP, because apparently that's a thing, you don't deserve the rank up. That's pay to win, and at that point you're just another tryhard. 

• 507 posts
    October 13, 2022 10:28 AM PDT

ScottytheSlayer said:

Plus, if you buy XP, because apparently that's a thing, you don't deserve the rank up. That's pay to win, and at that point you're just another tryhard. 

day 4 of telling people you can't buy XP, only in game currency.

• 40 posts
    October 13, 2022 10:47 AM PDT

chronospectrum said:

ScottytheSlayer said:

Plus, if you buy XP, because apparently that's a thing, you don't deserve the rank up. That's pay to win, and at that point you're just another tryhard. 

day 4 of telling people you can't buy XP, only in game currency.

He said Xp, I quoted him back. I didn't realy know. But my point still stands. 

• 2097 posts
    October 13, 2022 11:09 AM PDT
    How does that effect ranking though.
    • 116 posts
    October 13, 2022 12:49 PM PDT

rathepunisher said: Max I have fought so hard this year spent 7 to 14 hours almost every day for 6 months trying to reach top 100 and and it made me have questionable possiblity of health problems with my heart and that's when I tried the kill farm thing but I only did it little bit maybe 600 kills tops that means the 100.000 kills I made this year where from actual fighting and airwolf should to behave in a way that he saw me as someone of equal or near equal ability or a possible successer but I can't it be to demanding on physical health it's to much and even right now I'm not top 100 and I'm a full 200.000 xp away from hitting top 100 I thought buying XP would rank me up but it turns out only when you kill people does that XP from the kill rank you up but when I buy XP with my actual ***** debt card and add the XP to my account my rank is the same so if you could just buy XP to rank up it would been another option but anyways I been here for 8 years one the oldest players still I was wondering if I could get a badge tomorrow as being one the oldest and most hard Working players on the game

thank you bro i love you